The ridiculously random postings thread!

Does someone know who this guy is?

mnt7s98j.png

Oh boy. I was playing ToS, and then chose Keiko as my name, and then suddenly another player chose:

YUKI.

Yes.

So obviously I asked about if she knew Kalafina or FJ or whatever. She denied.

Ah well. I mentioned Kalafina twice and told her to listen. Let's see.

A complaint: Medium is so useless. Even the SKs and Mafs left me alone until the end.

WestKana: I was listening to that last night, along with his 01 album (I think that's what it's called) he did some songs with Mika Kobayashi as well whom I like quite a bit. Her english is really good.

Now Musunde on record doesn't skip hardly at all! There's a few times, but it's hardly noticeable. I wish it didn't skip at all, since it is one of my favorite songs (probably of all time now, it's creeping up there) from the new album. It's just so hopeful. On record it's beautiful. I love the sound. I love my new record player! I will probably get other records now. (since Barnes and Noble now carry records.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably get other records now. (since Barnes and Noble now carry records.)
try some thrift shops first; they're a lot cheaper and usually still in pretty good condition : )
today I got a xmas record with Julie Andrews singing for $1. at the same place I had gotten the camelot, fiddler on the roof, and sound of music OSTs

surprisingly we haven't gotten rain all day today. though I'm sure tomorrow we'll get hit by what Charleston's been getting

I was randomly thinking of what would happen if Keiko actually sung some of the Kalafina songs Wakana is lead in.

Like Hokage... some beautiful falsetto in Wakana's high parts.

and why does my username does this weird thing where its normal but like
magicmagiamaho
u

should have chosen a shorter username

Japan's rugby team won three of their matches, but still don't qualify for the quarter finals. BOO. :comeback:

The World Cup is pretty entertaining though. When it's over I'll go back to not caring about sport at all...until the next Olympics.

Last night I found out that Storia is in the key of E major, as is Beethoven's 3rd Symphony (the Eroica). No wonder it sounds so upbeat and triumphant!

While googling for the sheet music of it (I'm going to have to buy the thing off CDJapan I think), I discovered how bad my music-reading skills are. :white: I'm sure it'll help if I practise on a song I already know, though.

Learned pretty much all of Obbligato on piano by ear last night :P. I already knew Wakana's part on the pre-chorus (before the "canto lamento part"), but learned the rest then. Wakana's kajiuriago is so beautiful :love:

Probably next on the to-learn list is Magia's bridge (both instrumental & vocal parts) for a clarinet cover I'm planning on doing. I know learning the song in the key of C and having to transpose it to Bb isn't that efficient, but that's how I learn things on clarinet without sheet music :XD:

AH HA !!! A thread I can post non related things to !!

I saw this photo and at first thought I said: Wow Yuki Kajuira looks really young in that... but then I said: dummy, That's not Kajuira. That's Tomomi, bassist for Scandal. I thought: When did Tomomi start looking like Yuki ?

I wanted to post the photo, but I don't know how to with this forum.

I wanted to post the photo, but I don't know how to with this forum.

Press the little image button right next to the smiley face on the toolbar above the typing area. It will prompt you to enter the image's URL, which can be copied by right-clicking an image and choosing "Copy image URL" (or "Copy image location", etc. depending on the browser used. The example would be for Chrome) . From there, you just need to paste the link into that box. If the image is not already on the internet, then you can just upload the image to a image hosting site such as Imgur or Photobucket, and copy the link from there.

Hope this helps! :goodjob:

Thx Westkana.

Yeah. Didn't want to load it on to a 3rd party site. I've had issues with them deleting images and replacing them with other things, like ads, or 404'ing the image. I was looking for a way to put it on this forum or the gallery, but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to do that. I'll just stay with text for now.

edit: I'll add a link to the picture on Tumblr.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/7443ea296cf62d6346c8311c117e8984/tumblr_nvud5fl2VP1qe6juqo2_1280.jpg

Tomomi is the one on the left. In that pic, she sure looks a lot like Yuki. She actually doesn't though. It's just the way she appears.

Last edited by a moderator:
While googling for the sheet music of it (I'm going to have to buy the thing off CDJapan I think)
there's sheet music here but a) you have to pay for it too b) I don't know how accurate it is
this for your 8bit storia project?

today we walked around our prof's neighbourhood before having class in her living room, complete with cookies and petting the dog. she's the coolest prof ever. also she has her own podium in her living room. lol.

@aki thanks for the link, but I'm so bad at reading music that it's easier reading off paper than looking at the screen (I really need to invest in a music stand actually...)! The official one isn't too expensive tbh, and I don't need to worry about customs charges because books are VAT-exempt.:sohappy: Fortunately, this is just a small project - I was asked to record the opening bars for a ringtone or similar, so I don't need the full band score or anything like that.

Even so, it would be nice if more of their songs were done that way. Some are fine arranged for solo piano, but I like geeking out over how the more elaborate songs are put together. :glasses:

Reactions: aki
^Don't you own a printer? You could print the sheet music, that is what I do. I wrote out Mahiru and it took me a long time, so no worries on reading music. It takes awhile, especially piano, since that was hard for me. And I have some issues still with the violin, like with shifting and stuff like that.

Westkana: Please post them to the Creative Corner! I want to hear you play obbligato, since I love love love that song. (It's still my favorite Kala song.) Please do! Also Magia probably would be hard, then again I never got really good with piano.

Someone know why Revo & Yuki Kajiura - Dream Port was a one time thing?
It became one of my favorite songs.
I wish they would perform it live one more time again.

@StarCloud - I think we'd all like another combined event. YK Live vol. #10 had the greatest number of singers and musicians from the Dream Port concert since that event (e.g. Yuri Kasahara, REMI in addition to all the FJ singers and Front Band Members) and I would have loved Revo and Ike (the narrator) to have appeared just to perform that song.

Back