Kalafina Performance in PARIS announced!!!

And the one time I said "OH THE LIVE WILL
HAVE ONGAKU," it fortunately did not ( sorry they've sung it way too many times) . Brilliant set list btw, will post my review of it later

Overture~misterioso
kimi no gin
MC1
Hikari furu
Lacrimosa
magia
to the beginning
MC2
ALLELUIA
Sprinter

I think it's the reason, yes. When we was waiting in the queue for the draw a guy next to me sais something like "anybody for a Kalafina autograph ?" to people in the queue for Moumoon. And the queue for the signing itself was quite short compared to the one for Moumoon, it seems that they had run out of people wanting an autograph before the end of the session...

D'oh! Had I known that anyone could go, I would have gone for another signing today. I had no luck at the signing draw and thought that only people buying stuff there today (the Wakanim goods) would be getting another chance. And I really didn't want to buy a second copy of one of the photobooks.

^ that was the "big live" that was advertised all these months ?! I was expecting at least 10 songs T_T

The slot for the concert was only 45 minutes, so that's really all they could fit into it (and MCs were really short).

Wow, ACen had a big concert, although I guess since we had to buy the tickets and they got their own hall. It was at least 2 hours I think. But still, I guess they had a lot of other appearances. But it's still kind of funny that they did not sing misterioso (sorry, did not see it after overture), since didn't they sing that in acapella? Oh well. How was alleluia?

Last edited by a moderator:
The concert was the shortest 45 minutes I've experienced in a long time! It just flew by, but their performance was superb and all that tiredness and stress melted away.

It was also great fun meeting you all at last - it made up for missing Moumoon! I wish I could've stayed longer...hopefully next time (which, again hopefully, will be less than two years away!).

Sure, the events could've been handled differently and the signing system was clearly new and untested. :uh..:

Most importantly though: we got to meet up in the end, and the songs were amazing. It was a great weekend, so thanks again for making it extra special. The best artists really do have the best fans! :bye:

Well here we are. The day we've been waiting for.

Got to the live house around half 9, spotting some girls cosplaying To the Beginning Kala, who turned out to be HimeWakana and her friends. Shortly after arrived Surgam and we finally realised that all of us were actually from here. Queuing started properly about 11, and it was a really good choice to arrive so early as by 12, the queue was already starting to reach that of other lives. Good to see the girls were popular.

Then it got busier. Cobra, Daiima, Firak, PeachPitt and a couple others joined us as well, getting a near complete set of CPM people right at the front. Eventually we were allowed in, unfortunately losing our front row spots due to premium people.

We still got a good spot though, spreading out along across the second/third row as the first group of regular pass people there. Then we waited.

Music started playing pretty much on time after a short announcement (no photos again) and led into Misterioso as the girls came out. Safe to say, they sounded absolutely amazing. Kimi no Gin no Giwa followed it up, and there was a short MC. Mostly introductions. Hikari Furu followed, and I'm not a particularly big fan of this song.

But live it was different. It was truly incredible and I'm not ashamed to say it actually made me cry a little. Following this was Lacrimosa, which I was honestly expecting as I know Kuroshitsuji is popular in Europe. Sounded spot on and powerful as all hell, especially the LA~CRI~MO~SA part. Magia next, also expected and similarly performed as Lacrimosa was, powerful and great. To the Beginning came up next which sounded decent too, but it's probably the weakest of the songs they played. Nothing wrong with the performance though.

Another MC. It was around here that the crowd started applauding... And didn't stop. There was some kind of rhythm going and it turned into pretty much a standing ovation. The girls, especially Keiko, were obviously not expecting this level of feedback and love, and were visibly overwhelmed with happiness. Keiko nearly started crying. After some severe thanks from them the crowd stopped silent, ready for the rest of the show, and they kicked off Alleluia. I didn't really like this song at first but it's steadily grown on me since release and I think this live performance furthered that. Unfortunately it was nearly time for the end, and they sang one last song: Sprinter. My goddess was it phenomenal. So much power and energy combined with a flawless performance whilst Keiko grabbed the other two girls and dragged them right to the front of the stage and to the fans. What a way to end an amazing, if short set. I just wish they could've had the full band and a full length set, because this performance proved they are one of the very best live acts around.

After this half of the CPM group headed over towards the SAIKO! stage for the handshake event later on, whilst myself and a few others tried the lottery signing for Kalafina. Someone decided it was a good idea to open it half an hour before the live and then close it 15 minutes after the live ended, and with the queue at the live house outweighing any other act I've seen at the festival by a significant amount (probably more than a couple thousand people at a guess) it meant nobody really went to the lottery booths. Myself and Surgam got tickets though, just my luck to break my 0:4 ratio on the one guest I already had signatures for. Not gonna complain though as I still wanted my Consolation signed. If I was reading the screen right they had 98% tickets still left when they closed it down, presumably because nobody was stupid enough to miss the live to potentially get an autograph. Worst timing ever.

Heading back to the SAIKO! Stage, the handshake event wasn't that. Wagakkiband had one just before, but the Kalafina/moumoon/Juru Juru one was more of another mini gameshow thing. Having the Kalafina girls dominating the quiz was neat though.

Heading off to the signing, we joined a tiny queue. Seems I was right about nobody getting tickets due to awful timing on the lottery's part. Got my Consolation signed though. Wakanim set up a stall outside though to sell more merch, and after the event essentially died out, they started offering signings to anyone who bought an item from them. As a few people from CPM hadn't had a chance to get anything proper signed via the Wakanim sessions they took them up on that offer, so everyone was happy. And with that, Japan Expo was over and Kalafina were gone. Kinda sad really.

Our group stuck together afterwards and had a meet for a few hours which was great. Good to finally talk to people in person about Kalafina in depth since I know very few people who actually care that much. Thanks to you all for making this day even more fun that it would've been before.

^Sounds amazing. It was way different for ACen, since there was a very very long line (to say the least) after the concert, which we pretty much just ran through the streets to get there. But then they cut off at a certain point, but luckily I was just before the cut off part as was the people I was talking to (the waiting was the hard part since they were late getting there). Anime Boston had the ticket thing, but they gave them out to the people waiting in line. (I think I got there an hour early? But I still got one.) Anyways, so is it every year in Paris or just in a different major city? I know Chicago already has Anime Central, but I would love for them to come there, and Kalafina to come back. Then they could have the full band like at ACen. Hope you post your pics of the autos too.

If I was reading the screen right they had 98% tickets still left when they closed it down, presumably because nobody was stupid enough to miss the live to potentially get an autograph. Worst timing ever.

If that's true, this was a major goof up then on their side: They closed the ticket desk just behind us and wrote "épuisé" (exhausted) on the notice at the entrance.

I just got on the train leaving Paris and am typing up my report, though you summed up the concert pretty well already. :goodjob:

Anyways, so is it every year in Paris or just in a different major city?

It's in Paris every year, with some spin-offs in other cities (which are much smaller). You can find more info on Wikipedia.

Improved event report for CPM newspost readers (including some of the thoughts I wrote in following posts)

Well, as I just couldn't sleep this last night thinking back of this epic Sunday, here's my short résumé too.

I arrived at 8.30 by car. But the parking lot was so far from the entrance and the waiting line so long (more than 2.5 km, checked on Google Maps! but I barely stopped walking) that I got in after 9. Meanwhile, in the line, I met @HimeWakana and her friends.

When I got in... wow! It's the first time I laid a foot at the "Japan Expo" con, and won't probably do it again but if Kalafina (or FJ) comes back, it's really too crowded, loud, overheated, and commercial, even if I'm only 1 hr away from the exhibition hall where it takes place.

@PeachPitt321 and a friend of hers planned to arrive around 10 and as we decided to meet up, I waited them buying some mangas. Good thing because I would not be able do this after, as this was one of the busiest day I ever had.

We wandered some times en route for the live house where we found back @HimeWakana and some of the CPM members that, actually, I didn't recognize at first. It was only 11.30 and I was surprised to already see 20 people or so waiting stuck to the door!

Then the queue grew up, grew up until we couldn't see its tail. Actually, it spent on several tens, maybe hundreds of meters, bursting downright into the main exhibition hall! But some other members managed to join us (@Nyannika, @Varete...) and the proof that Japan Expo is as badly organised as its reputation tells was given to us by some staff member telling us that the doors will open only on 13.40 (not 13.00 as scheduled) and asking us to go back away from the doors. Thus we got a small taste of Tokyo subway at peak hours. Later we learnt that we were no less than 7,000 people wanting to go in!!

When the doors opened, it was a total rush. My subgroup got to install ourselves in the second or third row so I was just in front of Hikaru, almost able to touch her as the stage was quite small and the girls near its edge, while the huge room was totally full of people, even if some of them were here manifestly to be in the first rows for Moumoon as, when the event finished, we struggled to exit because many people from the rows behind us wanted to come in front of the stage ^^

The live event was wonderful but way too short :comeback: About the sound system, I was really in front of the stage, on the left side, so maybe my opinion won't be the general one. At the beginning it sounded a bit saturated, with music too loud for their voices, but I quickly dealt with it and that became a real pleasure, better than at AnimagiC in 2012 where the manipulators totally failed. When the girls began to sing, all the audience was all in communion with them. They seemed a bit shy, unsure at the beginning but when they felt how happy and excited to watch them in person, they got really confident at the point where they couldn't do their MCs well: Keiko forgot which songs they sang, Wakana the French words to greet us... We felt they were really touched by the way we welcomed them, and I really hope that they weren't faking this.

It seemed to me that Hikaru failed some choruses, I saw that, sometimes, she only moved her lips, but more like she only hummed her lyrics (but maybe I'm wrong, maybe was it intentional :love:). But if I remember well, it was only during one and only one song. Oh, and I just remind her watching at the audience, laughing when we cuckooed her... so cute! :plz: What I'll remember too is that they all three were so powerful on some songs. On Hikari Furu, they are really impressive at making the note last very long. And we all applauded, we applauded, we shouted, as long and as loud as we could, because that was so M.A.G.I.C.A.L.

But what I'll remember the most is not the live event. Obviously, I was there only on Sunday. I've been working on Friday and I thought it would not be worth coming on Saturday. I was so wrong! I would better have paid one extra day there, with one extra round-trip or hotel night, rather than trying to get an outfit that went totally failed as the day went on. Because all of the extra times I got after the live event itself were really wonderful and, from what other members say, all the other events were as cool as that.

Once the live event over, we immediately rushed to the signing draw booth and arrived there just before its closure (it opened only half an hour before the beginning of the showcase so we obviously couldn't go there before), but I lost at the draw. So we headed for the SAIKO stage where WagakkiBand was doing a nice Q+A session and a handshake with their fans (as it involved buying at twice the normal price their CD that I already had at home, I didn't join but I was tempted to ^^). Then came the "JaruJaru x Kalafina x Moumoon mini event" with two comedy sketches from humorists JaruJaru (only one of both being really funny because of repetition comedy), introduction of Kalafina, small contests between both groups (Kalafina was hilarious at the "Is this invention French?" and at the "Draw Cooby" mini games), introduction of Moumoon, and gift distribution for the luckiest people around. But no handshake.

We waited for Kalafina to go out from the small artist room and, not seeing them going out, we decided to go at the signing booth to try to catch them there... And they eventually got to arrive there without me seeing them. So the small amount of people with a winning voucher went to get their autograph... And the girls left. We went near the exit to wait for them, where some other fans were already waiting, but, bad organisation again, a staff member told us to stay there making a nice line between the backstage and the emergency exits. But we could see through the small windows of the backstage's doors that they went back into the signing booth and we realized that, because of the lack of winning ticket owners, anyone buying something on the merch stall in front of the signing booth could go in. We litteraly rushed over the Wakanim stall almost throwing them our notes to buy something and have a chance to finally meet our beloved ones!

And, for me, it will remain the most epic moment of that day. Gosh, I'm still crying while writing these lines. :omg: Wakana noticed my coloured contact lenses. I gave her my present (I made three custom "Kalafina in France" t-shirts with Spreadshirt) and she was very happy, so she showed it to Keiko who was impressed too. Wakana thanked me. When I gave Keiko her t-shirt she thanked me so many times, in Japanese, English, French, that I just couldn't find what to answer, only smiling and crying of happiness for a good minute or two (hopefully we were only between CPM members!). I literally melt on the spot. Then Hikaru gave me back my book, I gave her her t-shirt, she thanked me and I left quickly, only thinking after two steps to turn back toward them and say "bye bye" moving my hand, and they all three answered me the same way. Now I realize that everything was so fast, I would have liked to talk to them longer, especially with my sweet Hicchan (she's always last in line, so as Wakana and Keiko are quite talkative, we don't really have time for her :rain:...), maybe take a picture... We were in such in intimate situation that I now retrospectively feel that we could have done all of this! But the emotion was so high!

At the end we came back near the backstage doors for a last goodbye, but the staff decided to make them go out from the other side... So bad! At last we wandered some time in the paths of the expo and time to leave arrived. What a day!

Thank you everyone! Hope to meet you all again soon, I already miss you!!

Japan Expo report day 5 (Sunday) + some final thoughts:

After the Japan in Motion event yesterday turned out to be pretty disappointing, all my hopes rested on the main event today: The Kalafina concert - or should I say "mini-concert"?

In order to secure a good place at the concert, I had planned nothing else this morning. I just took a short look at the tourism and arts area in hall 5 and then headed to the Live House to queue up for the concert. I arrived there at 12:00 (the concert was starting at 14:00), and there was already a small number of people waiting, possibly around 30 or so, including most of the CPM members that were in Paris today - so we actually, finally managed to meet in the end. We missed Martin at first, he probably came a bit later and stood somewhere behind us in the queue.

Time passed and the queue quickly grew, extending first through the hallway between the Live House and hall 5 and later well into the festival hall itself. At 13:00, I couldn't see the end of the queue any more - and it was still one hour to go before the concert started. But I could hear that they were either doing sound checks or rehearsing inside the Live House. At shortly after 13:30, the doors opened and the audience could enter the Live House. The entry procedure was exactly like yesterday: The premium/press ticket holders could get in first, then the rest of the audience was allowed in, so I used my premium ticket to get pretty much in front of the premium queue and in the end managed to get a place in the front row on the right side practically directly in front of Wakana. I lost the others while entering, but I think they ended up on Hikaru's side of the stage.

It took until 14:00 for all the people to get in (more that a thousand in total, I think - that was difficult to tell), the audience was significantly larger than anything I had seen at Japan Expo before. Shortly before the concert started, they showed a short intro video of Kalafina on the two screens to either side of the stage. But being right in front of the stage, I could barely see that. Still, a nice addition to the concert (they did something similar at AnimagiC, I think).

The concert itself was really amazing. I had brought a glow stick, but actually not used it all that much, being completely mesmerized by the performance. They started with misterioso and finished with a very energetic performance of sprinter. The setlist:

1. misterioso
2. Kimi no gin no niwa
- MC1 -
3. Hikari Furu
4. Lacrimosa
5. Magia
6. to the beginning
- MC2 -
7. Alleluia
8. sprinter

The sound quality was good this time and not as loud as yesterday, so even in the front row it was fine without wearing hearing protection. As I already expected, no photographs or videos were allowed before or during the concert, but there was a Japanese cameraman recording parts of the concert and the audience. I actually prefer it this way, since all the people holding up their cameras and phones really distracts from the concert experience. Oh, and they didn't wear the dresses from LisAni this time, but the new ones from the "君の銀の庭 Special Live".

The whole concert lasted for just 45 minutes, and both MC sessions were very short. MC1 was just an introduction, Wakana introduced herself in Japanese - probably by mistake, Keiko and Hikaru did it in French. During MC2 they talked a bit about different animes where their songs had been used, such as Madoka, Fate/Zero, Black Butler (Wakana or Keiko made some remark about Hikaru at this point) and Kara no Kyokai. There was no encore, and there wouldn't have been time for any. Which is a real pity, as they seemed to gain more and more confidence during the performance, no longer standing almost fixed on their usual positions.

Between some of the songs, there was a large crowd shouting "Kalafina" and the applause didn't seem to want to stop. It looked like they were really touched by this, and I think this - at least in part - is the reason why the latter songs (and especially "sprinter") appeared much more lively. Sprinter was absolutely fantastic in this regard, with Keiko running around on the stage - I liked this performance better that the one on the Red Moon DVD, in fact. So it was really sad that they had to end the concert directly afterwards.

I noticed on several occasions that the crowd was cheering up early, when the song wasn't finished yet - an indicator that a lot of the people there didn't actually know the songs well. Maybe it's true (as Daiima noted) that most of them actually wanted to secure a place at the moumoon concert and maybe saw Kalafina for the first time. This would also explain the huge difference in the number of fans attending the concert and the two Saiko! Stage events.

When the concert was over (all too quickly), we all left and hurried to get to the signing ticket desk. Of course, I lost again, but that was expected... Did I already mention that I have no luck at draws? And about 2 minutes afterwards, they closed the signing desk for Kalafina early. The only reason I can think of is that they wanted to only hand out a fixed number of signing tickets and this limit had been reached. But that doesn't match up with what happened at the signing booth later.

The next event on the schedule was the "Jaru Jaru x Kalafina x Moumoon mini event" Daiima already mentioned. Actually, Natsuko Aso and Toripi were also there. It started with another sketch by Jaru Jaru, then there was a short Kalafina panel (alas, I didn't unterstand what they said) followed by a quiz in which the guests - divided in two teams: Kalafina vs. Jaru Jaru x Natsuko Aso - had to guess which of the presented items were French inventions. Kalafina won by 5:1, I think. After that, Coooby joined them on the stage and they had to draw a picture of him (it?), with the audience deciding which one looked better - Kalafina won again. After a short moumoon panel, they distributed some gifts among the audience by throwing balls around, whoever caught it got the prize. Most prizes were not really interesting though, except for the "君の銀の庭 Special Live" signed pamphlet and shirt. Needless to say, I didn't get that. I could have won a Coooby iPhone case, but since I don't have an iPhone (and being not a Coooby fan), I ducked the ball. After about 55 minutes, the event finished.

We tried to wait for Kalafina leaving the booth, but had already missed them (they must have left immediately), so after a while we went on to the signing area. The queue for Kalafina was much smaller than the one for moumoon, by the way. It took only about 12 minutes and the Kalafina queue was completely empty - then they closed the signing room and Kalafina first got up for some kind of video comment (probably for a report of the Japan Expo visit on DVD) and then seemed to leave. But shortly thereafter Kalafina returned and they reopened the signing room again. Apparently, they had given out much fewer signing tickets then expected, either due to closing earlier or some technical problems during the draw, and now invited people for the signing that did not win in the draw. But they did not properly annouce that anywhere, it was only by chance that nearby people noticed that.

I was hanging around the signing room for most of this time, but even I didn't notice that - otherwise I had used the chance to get my Christmas Live book signed that I had carried around all day. So I missed out on another chance at a Kalafina signing. I'm still not sure if it was only open for people buying more stuff at Wakanim, though (I wouldn't have done that). By the way: I took a closer look at the Toko Media release of Consolation on Saturday, and the special edition is missing the DVD, so it's just CD + box + mini-photobook.

After the signing session was over, we left the festival together, spending some more time talking in the lobby of PeachPitt321's hotel and then finally parting ways. This ends my report about Japan Expo 2014.

I want to close with my overall impressions of this festival:

The event was big - far too loud and crowded for my taste, bigger than any other festival I have been to before - except for the CeBIT trade fair I went to years ago, but that one doesn't count. The concerts were great, but simply too short. The organization was fine for the most part, execept for three things that really bugged me:
  • Announcing major guests only after the premium ticket sale is completely over. The only reason I still got a premium ticket was that Shokotan's appearance was announced back in March.
  • Almost no places to sit down inside the halls or outside.
  • Complete goof up of the official Kalafina signing!
Travelling to France without speaking the local language was actually easier than expected, but that is probably due to the large number of international visitors and would have beed different in a smaller city. Going by train, it took me about 7 hours to get there.

I'm a little bit depressed that none of my attempts to get a signing ticket at the draws worked, and I perhaps missed the chance right at the end. But complaining about not getting one more autograph is really silly - in the end, that is nothing more than a piece of paper. What counts is remembering the moment it represents. I came here for the two concerts (Kalafina and Shoko Nakagawa) and actually got a lot more than that, seeing parts of Paris, meeting with people, getting some new merchandise (including a big Kalafina poster), getting my Consolation Tour book signed, seeing Kalafina closer than ever before and generally enyoing the time here in Paris. Last week, I still wasn't sure whether the trip to Japan Expo would be worth all the money and effort, and was considering to cancel the whole endeavour - now I'm glad that I took the opportunity.

So, considering all the expenses and trouble, at the end of the day... was it worth it?

To quote Sheridan from the B5 episode "And Now For a Word": Yes. But not for any of the reasons that you've probably been told.

The most important point in my view is to show your support - show the artist that there is someone knowing them over here and liking what they do. That they won't find the concert location mostly empty if they dicide to hold a concert over here. I once read in an interview with Perfume shortly before their first European tour last year that they wondered "How on earth do they know us, and why on earth do they want to see us?" And I think that is a question every Japanese artist is asking themselves before even considering a concert here - or anywhere else abroad, actually.

I was at the May'n concert two years ago in Germany, with the full band, merchandise sales and all. There were only about 90 people attending, and around 15 of them were Japanese fans that seemed to travel to every May'n concert, whereever that was. The location was truely intimate, the concert fantastic, but the really small audience was disappointing. Now, Europe seems to have been dropped from the 2014/15 world tour - although there was no official statement on this. She said in an interview in Singapore that she would like to return to Europe, but it was up to her management to decide that. And they will not do this if they expect to lose a lot of money on it.

I noticed on several occasions that the crowd was cheering up early, when the song wasn't finished yet - an indicator that a lot of the people there didn't actually know the songs well. Maybe it's true (as Daiima noted) that most of them actually wanted to secure a place at the moumoon concert and maybe saw Kalafina for the first time. This would also explain the huge difference in the number of fans attending the concert and the two Saiko! Stage events.

Actually, as you guessed, we were (at least, the subgroup I was with) on the left side, between Hikaru & Keiko (and just next to a group of Japanese fans!). When the event finished, we struggled to exit because many people from the rows behind us wanted to come in front of the stage ^^ But well, anyway, I was really impressed by how enthusiastic was the audience, AnimagiC was nothing compared to this, and it already was hot.

Oh, and, by the way.
1920px-Kalafina_Japan_Expo.jpg

I improved this one because I use it as an illustration for the French Wikipedia page. I'll post other images (not as good, but we can still enjoy) later that day.

Τhey sound pretty good condering the footage is unprocessed :dote:

lol Wakana looks like she's suffering before the "lacrimosa dies iya" :( but the sound came out nice.

Why is it always so difficult for her to say the "toki wo komete" line in Magia ? :@_@:

Last edited:
These reports brings back memories :TdT:, awesome pics Daiima :bow:

@george1234 totally agree!! she looks like she was in pain :ohoho:, however it seems like they had some rough lines here and there but overall not bad.

Meanwhile If I were there i'd be too hyped to even bother with inconsistency, just by looking at them performed in front of me sends my heart pumping at its peak :nosebleed:

@PeachPitt321
I need your blessings next time to get my stuffs signed on my own Blurays and not needing to buy cds that I already have just to get their siggys!

Last edited:
That's why I was so happy that the Wakanim stall had the photobooks. Part of me was expecting them to just have the CDs, especially after they mentioned Toki Media. I'd have probably bought the European set for a friend if they did as I've been meaning to anyway, but being able to get something not only new but that I wanted as my ticket into the signing was great.

Based Wakanim. They seemed to be our best friend there, what with the signing sessions and Sunday's sudden opening.

Day 2

After an exhausting Saturday, I was ready for an early start on Sunday even with 3 hours sleep ( WHAT HOTEL ROOM DOESN'T HAVE AIR CON- APPARENTLY PREMIERE CLASSE!!)

I arrived at the expo at around 10am. There I met Daiima and we wondered through some stalls, before deciding to grab lunch head to the J Live House. And how right we were, because there was already a group of people queuing. As we were moved to the right by security guards, HimeWakana ,Daiima and myself ended up at the front of the line! From then till pm more cpm members joined us and we all got to know each other. Seasonreaper,Firak, Varete were examples! Then at around 1 , staff opened the doors and it was A LION KING HERD CHASE to get the best spot. Of course premium ticket holders got the first row. But we ran , despite, the staff telling us not too , and we all ended up together around the second and third row! I was standing on Hikaru's side, and due to my short height , members of CPM pushed me forward to get a view, and for that I am truly grateful for ! It still touches me that even though I've just met you, you were really kind and we had a lot of laughs together ! You guys made it so special!

As for the Live, I won't go into details but the sound mixers mustn't do much with Kalafina because one thing stands clear: THEY. SOUND.9000*.BETTER.LIVE.THAN.IN.CD.RECORDINGS.PERIOD

I am serious on this and I didn't think I'd come out of a live speechless. I couldn't stop myself but I was mouthing every lyric from every song they sang. Granted Hikaru and Wakana had one or two off moments ( can't remember where , but I remember thinking " oo a bit flat/sharp") but they're human. That's expected! Keiko was ...well what I consider one of the best contra-altos out there. Every song had so much energy, empathy and they sing from the heart. The MC's were lovely too! My personal favourite was when in MC2 Keiko forgot what they sang after Hikari Furu, bless her! And Yes THERE WAS KEIKO/HIKARU LOVE IN SPRINTER ( dat waist clinch!)The live happened too quickly , but I won't complain. I'm just glad it wasn't another 30 second preview of misterioso XD The overture to misterioso is lovely .We gave them the praise they deserved, and of course they were overwhelmed ( Keiko was teary during Alleluia) . Every pause from every song had cheering and applause! There was no photo or video recording allowed. That's not to say audio ( leave you to interpret that XD)

Afterwards, myself and a few others headed for the drawing system. I didn't win and was a bit sad. But I guess the flaw and the terrible timing of the draw system ended up being the best thing that happened to us- see later at the signing sessions.

Nevertheless, we rushed back to the Saiko Stage for the "handshaking" event. The staff must of misunderstood the definitions between HANDSHAKE and GAME because the Saiko event WAS.NOT.A.HANDSHAKE. It was GAME , that was fun to watch ( had no clue what was going on- but it included an auction type of game where the girls threw balls and if you caught one, you won a prize- A SINGED T SHIRT AND THE KIMI NO GIN LIVE PAMHPLET GAOOO) but we all wanted the handshake, so we were all gutted on that. We then decided to wait for them outside the exit of the Saiko stage to try and get a group photo with them ( representing ourselves as CPM) . But by 5.30pm we realized that they must of escaped as we were getting ourselves together.

Our final chance would be at the signing rooms so we headed there. Only two of us in the group had won so they went over to get their one item signed. The rest of us decided to wait outside the signing room's back door to again demand/riot/ask politely for a photo.

Strangely we saw the girls standing up, moving, then sitting back down. None of us were sure why they were doing this ( now we know that the horrendous timing and the small number of won draws forced staff allow people buying merchandise to get autographs which is why Kalafina changed seats).

Suddenly Daiima saves the day by coming over to me and saying quickly " Gabriela, I think I just heard the people at the Kalafina merchandise stall, that if you buy an item you get an autograph" I couldn't believe it and we all headed there. Daiima asked them in French and they confirmed it 9 THANK YOU DAIIMA!)

ANOTHER.

HERD.

CPM.

STYLE.

Instantly we all pointed to things that we wanted to buy, basically saying " TAKE MY MONEY AND LET ME GOOO!" They must of got a good 200 Euros from all of us within 2 minutes XD

So everyone who bought their item got it signed. Except for me. I bought the Consolation 2013 pamphlet, but upon reaching the staff neither I nor them could take off the plastic ( it was only later at the hotel with keys and a card that I managed to do it!) . The staff-man was looking frustrated so without thinking, I grabbed my After Eden CD and asked if that was ok instead? He was relieved and said yes! So off I went, and gave the CD closed to Wakana. She and another member of staff discussed it. She then opened it and voila- CD WAS SIGNED?! I was lucky! They were polite and formal ( Keiko called me kawaii ) , but I felt that they were more informal and relaxed at the Coooby signing.

Best trip of the year. So worth the money, and it's one I'll never forget!

Final Thoughts

Kalafina is a band of talent. Of course they'll have their weaknesses, but when you hear them live they are lethal in harmonies and energy. They are lovely ladies to meet . Probably, my lasting memory of them is how small they are in real-life. Same height as me, I don't feel so bad about my height anymore hehe

Highlight of the trip- meeting CPM and getting to know you, giving Kalafina their presents at Coooby, Keiko calling me kawaii and seeing them really look at me in the eye to thank me - to the extent that I had to walk away because even Hikaru was staring at me after the gifts.

Finally seeing them live , reminded me that they are human and brpught up some strong emotions. So here they are :

To the staff that are putting Kalafina on pedestals - you're not doing a favour to anyone. Since Madoka Magica, you have tightened on what fans can say and ask to Kalafina. One of you ( the infamous guy with the chin dread-lock?!) even pushed a little girl's camera quite firmly when she just asked for a photo with Waka-chan ( I saw you Mr Staff dude and we all know you infamously XD ) . Kalafina is Hikaru , Wakana , Keiko and their fans. We support them because of their talent. And because of our support that they are becoming so successful, something which you are taking advantage of through more merchandising, lives and now changing the way they can interact with us. Just remember, what you throw at us, it will come right back to you like a boomerang. I know this is a digression and can easily make a new thread, but seeing them live brought this emotion up very strongly and I had to put it here. This is also why I only took one photos of them, and talked to them like I would to a friend.

PeachPitt321 out XD

Back