Yuriko Kaida (Yuki Kajiura career)

Re:

valeriana runa said:
Maybe kajiura thinks that yuriko is best at backing up others vocal, that's why she rarely goes solo.
But it doesn't mean she can't be good solo :uh..:

It's tough to tell what Kajiura-sensei's motives are in keeping Yuriko as chorus. Maybe Yuriko herself wants it that way... :ayashii:

But to be honest, out of FJ, Wakana, Keiko and Kaori all have more mainstream "pleasant" voices, while Yuriko's stands out more because of her vibrato and tone. Kajiura-sensei might worry that having her sing solo in songs (regular FJ songs, I mean, not OSTs) might even be irritating to some people. And it can be kinda justified, because she still gets a lot to do even though it's background work, and it's still challenging because she sometimes has to do very high notes.

I'd still like to hear more from Yuriko, though. We know that she can rise to the challenge of singing solo...

^...I think I said this before, but doesn't she already have a small solo career as 'kaida'? (it's typeset differently but I can't for the life of me remember how it's supposed to be)

I'm almost sure I've heard of her composing and singing her own songs outside of Kajiura's works...:confu:

...or was I dreaming about that part? :confu:

^ Oh yes, she does do that, although I don't think she writes the songs. I was basically just talking about her parts in FJ. :bow:

I think her solo name is spelled KAiiDA, or something like that. I've never quite been able to figure it out either :spotlight:

ninetales said:
I think her solo name is spelled KAiiDA, or something like that. I've never quite been able to figure it out either
It is indeed KAiiDA, I also thought she composed songs for her solo album.
Yuriko's voice is very fitting in OST's but her voice a main vocalist isn't that irritating either ( I guess that's not the right term), though I agree that she stands out as backing vocals due to her beautiful vibrato.

^I think she overdoes it with the vibrato in some of her KAiiDA works (she doesn't just use it at the end of the notes but like everywhere? it sounds strained IMO), but she works it beautifully in Kajiura's stuff, it's weird.

I personally put Miss Kaida into the 25-35 range because her face is shockingly ambiguous. The only time I would ever willingly agree with her supposedly being 40+ is when I watch her singing Let The Stars Fall Down live with Eri Ito, because the dress and hairstyle she chose for that concert were not as flattering together as if she would have worn her hair down in the same color.

Although Keiko previously had all my heart's love, I believe she and Miss Kaida are now on par with each other in my favoritism.

^ Oftenly the voice doesnt change with age. If you hear her earlier Kajiura songs like Gensou Rakuen from noir and das wandern from .hack, you will see that her voice has noticably changed within the 14 years, and appearance wise she looks 1) similar age with Kajiura 2) much older than the other FJ vocalists. so she is definetely in her 40s considering that Wakana is 31 and Kajiura becomes 50 this year.

Back