Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

@george1234 I don't know how you're comparing this ost to ordinal scale already; this is only the second episode. The strings weren't too distracting imo since this was a dance setting and the director decided to put string players in the background.

i said IF ep 2 style continues. :) so im comparing only this episode to it.

@Kowz: Thanks !! They speak so much that even after applying vocal filter i can barely hear them. first track doesnt really sound like Kajiura though.

Last edited:
first track doesnt really sound like Kajiura though.

I thought the same thing. So far they've only used music from the anime though, but we'll see. If the main style of the show is supposed to be jazz and sub genres, then there's bound to be a few tracks that are un-kajiura. Tokyo days and track #24 from Hanako ost2 are also very unkajiura, imo.

Thank you ☺

Looks like its one of those unhonest interviews, we will see

Kajiura: "Princess principal" is a fun story without a waste in the first episode, and it is in the form of a story like a superb short novel by a series. But, behind that, a huge storyline flows, I think that I will never get bored. Those who saw the first episode think that you can no longer stop viewing, but I'd like you to see it until the end.

There was one new track, but it was used in the radio show before, hue. I'm starting to think the OST being two discs is a mistake, or the second disc will have OP/ED/INS.

I feel like the sound direction has been really off with this series. The volume has been fixed, but the way the music is plays kind of bugs me. Like, every time something fun and jazzy starts, it only plays for a couple of seconds while the slower more serious tracks seem to go on for minutes at a time.

Aside from that, I'm actually okay with the music so far. It's not the fun, sassy spy romp I thought it would be, but neither is the show.

Ep 3 http://anilinkz.to/princess-principal-episode-3

there well alot of silent moments, i think i didnt miss something

- new piano bgm
OP
- remi bgm, same as in ep 1 intro, not sure if it has more
- new metalophon bgm
- new sad piano bgm
- sfx with acc piano (old)
- new jazzy bgm (love it)
- pv 2 music 1 , sexy e.guitar ending though.
- new piano bgm
ED

not sure if these are new but the love it one is for sure :)

There was one new track, but it was used in the radio show before, hue. I'm starting to think the OST being two discs is a mistake, or the second disc will have OP/ED/INS.

@wat11 its starts at 14:37

what the f, do they have 1 cannon near each door or they somehow teleport them across the plane ? lol

Last edited:
Okay, just watched ep 1. Wow... that ending. And they don't really start by explaining things very well. I mean, they kind of did to Eric, but then things started happening like the powers and defecting? What is that? I guess I'll have to keep watching. Loved the music, from what I heard. And yeah, if it's going to be the same as SAO... ugh. The first ep seemed to have longer songs. I loved the vocal in the beginning and in the "jazzy" song. It reminded me of El Cazador a little. heh I did not expect it to be so violent right at the start. I mean, you see it in the preview, still. I like the ending theme, not the op though. The end is by Aimer, correct?

Ah, I see. Just saw ep 2 and still don't know what's going on. I mean, I know that there are spies, and that some have powers, but it's all happening so fast. heh I did like the music during the ballroom scenes. Especially when they were just standing and talking, there was a nice tune.

They explain in the anime more or less. In the ep 1 intro its says that that kingdom became world power because of this green ore thingy that makes those "magical" effects, and this sphere Ange hold is a device that contains some of that ore. Its not her having magical powers :) Now about the plot this empire was split into 2 states after a revolution and this is about some spies from the smaller state infiltrating the kingdom. Watch the third ep too :)

epi 4 had nothing new except that hopeful strings+beats track at 20min and it ends with kajiurago. classic Kajiura. otherwise nothing interesting.

btw don't get me wrong there could be more new stuff but it's either just strings or sfx so i don't pay much attention. let's wait for george for more details :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first episode to really show off the soundtrack. The volume was just right, and every track highlighted the scene it played over while also standing out.

I have to say though, I'm wondering how this is going to be a two disc soundtrack when the last four episodes have repeated the same basic set of tunes. If you count all the stuff from the radio drama, we haven't heard anything new since before the start of the show.

Maybe the second disc is for something else, like alternate versions of songs (instrumental, vocals only, demos, stuff like that).

This is on the official site:
劇中の楽曲はもちろん、OP・EDのTVサイズver.も収録予定。
Google: As well as songs in the play, of course, OP · ED TV size ver. Will also be included.

Back