Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

Sounds rather nice to me, although I can't hear shit. Someone messed up the sound balances here, not only is the soundtrack really quiet all throughout, some of the sound effects and vocals sound off or really loud on occasions as well. I suspect it'll be fixed in the BDs. That piece during the car chase at the start was dope.

hopefully having 2cds mean a lot of new musics, not only the main theme rearranged gazillion times as the series progresses... i have nothing against rearrangement but kajiura's rearrangement nowadays tend to be really uninspired...i would accept if the rearrangements were like historia main theme from RHH OST 1 and not like those boring sis puella magica rearrangements from Madokamovie 1&2 OST.

I'd say it's worse in L.O.R.D., even though there's no soundtrack hue... Soon™. The last few tracks were all string arrangements of the main theme, one after the other.

Anyways, the main theme (or a main theme at least) has already been used a few times, but were all different at least.

For Princess Principal? There is sub versions out there now. The only legal way is Amazon's Anime Strike service, otherwise there's fansubs out there.

Too many strings.

EP 2 http://anilinkz.to/princess-principal-episode-2

piano bgm (new)
OP
sfx with acc piano (old)
synch bgm with some instrument i dunno what is (new)
sfx with acc piano (old)
strings ballet bgm with strings and other instruments (new) *
sfx with acc piano (new)
strings bgm (new)
sfx with xylophone (old)
strings ballet bgm with strings 2 (new)
strings bgm -kinda sad- (new)
some piano bgm (new)
sfx with acc piano (old)
strings ballet bgm with strings 2 (new)
creepy strings bgm (new) [this sounds like pandora hearts bgm]
cello bgm (new) *
sfx with ac piano in background (old)
bgm with some metalophone sounds and strings (new)
bgm with strings and percussion (new)
sfx with some xylophone (old)
slow strings and piano (new)
ED

This makes me think that Y.Kajiura wakes up with strings, eats with strings, goes out with strings .
And this is seemed so promissing :( one more show with just strings and sfx :cry:

bgms i liked are with *, colours are repeated ones

i really hope all the other eps have no strings at all. Where are violin solos ? why they all have to be strings ?

Plot wise, first ep was just a show-off to make people interesting, and plot seems to start in this ep.

and as PV suggests, HF movie wont be much different either.

Last edited:
Boring show and boring music are boring. I'm not going to watch more.

a2wcMBr.gif

I'd suggest you to wait for samples first because there's possibility it will be ordinal scale #2 if ep 2 style continues

What happened to kajiura being uninspired because of shounen style anime ? This isnt one, yet the same type of music appears....(and its not Somy either), and doesnt have any males in the spy team too.

Last edited:
Eh, I knew the episode would have music like this when I read it's chronologically the first episode, and the setting was a ballroom party.

I'd suggest you to wait for samples first because there's possibility it will be ordinal scale #2 if ep 2 style continues

What happened to kajiura being uninspired because of shounen style anime ? This isnt one, yet the same type of music appears....(and its not Somy either), and doesnt have any males in the spy team too.

Whats this Ordinary Scale? Huh Sword Fart Offline ? ( ⌐■ ͜ʖ ■ )

Back