Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

Episode 8
http://anilinkz.to/princess-principal-episode-8

Wow this has to be the best episode music wise so far

(this is missing some because i didnt start noting from the beginning)

new piano bgm at around 4:40
another new piano at 05:52
full of bgm at 06:04 (piano strings) its so lovely <3
new strings bgm 07:45 (that too is lovely <3)
old strings bgm
old bgm
full piano bgm at 14:40
new bgm with strings and piano at 16:43 (<3 )
some classical-sounding piece with piano that i dunno if its kajiura at 18:49
new (?) bgm with strings at 21:13
new piano bgm at 22:08 (full bgm of eyecath)
ED

especially the ones with <3 were realllyyy good ^_^
Question: How did Ange changed hair colour ? lol

We are 8 eps in and they barely did any spying and infiltration. This is focing too much on character backstories (not that its bad)

its been a long time since i felt so much emotion from Kajiura bgms. I think last time were those F/Z rearrangements on UBW. Its going to be a great soundtrack!

Last edited:
TBH I expect no new OST this week's episode since I was spoiled already by moonlight melody and laundry song but wow...
Kajiura-san arrangement of A Page of my Story(ED Theme) which played twice!
Those flashbacks BGMs :nosebleed::nosebleed:
And I think Princess played moonlight sonata on her performance? (I don't know what version though :XD:)

And they played Dorothy's character song this week's radio. She has a really nice voice~ reminds me of Kaori hehe...

The new music this episode was surprising. It may have been more strings and piano, but there was a clear effort on Kajiura's part. I really enjoyed it.

I'll also take this opportunity to mention how refreshing her piano work has been on this show; it's a huge step up in variety after the sad, simple, slow solos that she seems to stick into everyone of her soundtracks as of late, this show included.

Episode 9
(because you all forgot about it)
http://anilinkz.to/princess-principal-episode-9

- new japan bgm
- old bgm
- some japan sfx
- some jazzy sfx (or was it part of music?)
- old bgm
- japan bgm (that has drums and flute too)
- old bgm with acc piano /strings
- old bgm
- old bgm (it has a new part)
- main theme, more of the bgm,
-repeat of the japanese bgm 1
- new piano bgm ?
- sfx
- new bgm with just drums
- new bgm with slow strings (uses main theme melody)
- new sfx
- new part of old bgm
- old bgm
- old bgm i think ? with new part.

im loving this soundtrack. It might have some sfx but the overall feel shows that she was having lots of fun making these bgms.

This is still going on with character development and 0 actual spy plot/fights. Its getting boring. And there are only 2 (?) vocal tracks so far i think. Maybe since after Madoka she's reserving the vocals only for battle bgms ? with the exception of first town.

I like it too. I am not sure about the main theme, I will have to hear it in full to see. But this episode was packed with goodness, and the last one too! I did like the piano a lot, I wish we could have heard more of the duet. Maybe in the ost? *sigh* Wish they would put a full song in there for once, though in ep 8 there were some longer ones, which I liked. Uuuugh I want to get this soundtrack... but I already preordered the Kalafina BD. *sigh*

I like it too. I am not sure about the main theme, I will have to hear it in full to see. But this episode was packed with goodness, and the last one too! I did like the piano a lot, I wish we could have heard more of the duet. Maybe in the ost? *sigh* Wish they would put a full song in there for once, though in ep 8 there were some longer ones, which I liked. Uuuugh I want to get this soundtrack... but I already preordered the Kalafina BD. *sigh*

This was announced prior to the Kalafina BD, so why you bought the BD first ? XD

^ LMAO at your LMAO. Why im supposed to know what it is ? Im not taking classical music lessons like Kowz so i couldnt recognise it.

please I merely pointed out what it is @Atlas Star, George would know many things you don't know and vice versa. there is no need to be uncivil.

ON TOPIC : yes the soundtrack is good, not having the Hanako-like attachment though :( I really think Kajiura ought to try traditional Japanese instruments more!!! + fusion with orchestra plz.

Ok let's not get carried away we are here to talk about Kajiuras new soundtrack ok? Let's be professional ...

https://twitter.com/pripri_anime/status/905962247033204736
DJKfSkmUEAAQ2YH.jpg

Coverart and Tracklist!

【DISC 1】
01.shadows and fog
02.tailing in darkness
03.scars of the past
04.go and get it!
05.on a day so calm
06.espionage trap
07.under suspicion
08.bitter times
09.tensions are rising
10.a royal girl
11.walking in the fog
12.battle of the shadows
13.orchestrion
14.A Page of My Story 〜Piano ver.
15.room with no window
16.everyone has something to hide
17.titteringly
18.school girl life
19.the creeping fate
20.something is out there
21.have to get over
22.the London Wall
23.moonlight melody 〜Piano ver.

【DISC 2】
01.a fighter-girl from east
02.tiny flower garden
03.a noble man
04.why should we be apart?
05.tragedy and silence
06.in the fog
07.operations in action
08.hopeless
09.give your hands to me
10.acting behind the scenes
11.moonlight melody in blue
12.a girl from the east
13.uncanny
14.shall we dance?
15.A Page of My Story 〜four-handed ver.
16.her true story
17.もひとつまわして
 作詞・作曲・編曲:梶浦由記
 歌:ちせ(CV.古木のぞみ)
18.moonlight melody
 作詞・作曲・編曲:梶浦由記
 歌:ドロシー(cv.大地 葉)、 ベアトリス(cv.影山 灯)
19.The Other Side of the Wall(TV Size)
 作詞:Konnie Aoki 作曲・編曲:高橋 諒
 歌:Void_Chords feat.MARU
20.A Page of My Story(TV Size)
 作詞:Konnie Aoki 作曲・編曲:高橋 諒
 歌:アンジェ(cv.今村彩夏)、プリンセス(cv.関根明良)、ドロシー(cv.大地 葉)、ベアトリス(cv.影山 灯)、ちせ(cv.古木のぞみ)

Wow, beautiful coverart!!! And so glad Disc 2 has BGMs as well!!
sadly the little songs are still in VAs version T_T guess we have to wait for the next YK Live to have a vocalists performance of them.
So cool they even found a title for the soundtrack, this hasnt happened since Future Soundscapes

some titles sounds very SAO-ish :XD:

moonlight melody in blue > is this a jazzy arrangement ?

since we didnt hear that many new musics, does that mean that many of these are rearrangements of 2-3 other tracks ?

Last edited:
i will like some of the tracks but it could have been much better. Kajiura could have written more baroque-like pieces. Jazz + strings +eguitar isn't exactly foggy London sound is it? but I will enjoy those tracks because they sound very well done. there are some ballroom chamber-like music though right?

anyways, it's much better than Zaregoto which I can't remember a single note from. (I just glance through it for new music, the whole thing looks like a bore)

and yes very smart coverart!

i will like some of the tracks but it could have been much better. Kajiura could have written more baroque-like pieces. Jazz + strings +eguitar isn't exactly foggy London sound is it? but I will enjoy those tracks because they sound very well done. there are some ballroom chamber-like music though right?

anyways, it's much better than Zaregoto which I can't remember a single note from. (I just glance through it for new music, the whole thing looks like a bore)

and yes very smart coverart!

I remember one track from Zaregoto. that is Marchen -Kajiurago version- lol

Oooh nice cover. Although the title sounds kinda cool compared to the actual content of the album, hue.

Back