Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Princess Principal" [6-part movies , part #3 on April 7, 2023]

@wat11 + rita: I do remember the piano bgm used as op in the first ep from Zaregoto :) but yes overall is pretty boring. Kajiura should stop making music for mystery shows.

Ontopic: Mo hitotsu Mawashite will be sang by Chise VA, and Moonlight Melody by Dorothy and Beatrice VA, unlike the anime.

Last edited:
Cover arts looks really nice, but much like everything else about this show, it has little to do with what actually happens. I some of what I heard, but I'm more excited for Zaregoto.

@wat11 Funny enough, in one of the interviews, Kajiura asked the producers if they wanted her to make music with a British flavor and they told her to just do what she usually does.

Cover arts looks really nice, but much like everything else about this show, it has little to do with what actually happens. I some of what I heard, but I'm more excited for Zaregoto.

@wat11 Funny enough, in one of the interviews, Kajiura asked the producers if they wanted her to make music with a British flavor and they told her to just do what she usually does.

blergh what stupid producers

So awesome! And yes, I did buy the Kala BD first. I just mean that my wallet is very limited. I did preorder this though after seeing it was 2 discs, and I just want to hear the full songs. Cool title too! The cover doesn't have any of the characters, wow. It's cool though. Reminds me a little of Battle Angel Alita. heh

^ Bet the episode was inspired by that :)

Episode 10

Musics

new (?) cello/piano bgm
- old bgm
- sfx (old)
OP
(silence)
-old bgm
- main theme (not sax ver / has flute instead) (06:28)
- old bgm
-sfx (new?)
- sad/happy strings/piano (old bgm)
- sfx (old)
- old bgm
- new bgm (strings/piano)
- strings (old)
ED

They were late by one ep to climax the plot (if that can be called climax lol)

Last edited:
@wat11 + rita: I do remember the piano bgm used as op in the first ep from Zaregoto :) but yes overall is pretty boring. Kajiura should stop making music for mystery shows.
To me that single Zaregoto BGM alone is better than everything I heard in the first two episodes of Princess Principal (or thought I heard cause of the volume). We'll see how it turns out with the CD releases though.

tbh i haven't even heard any princess principal music other than the ones used on the promotional video. im only basing my opinion on george's description lol (same goes for zaregoto as i only watched the 1st episode. would watch it after the show ends)

I forgot to ask, any other interesting bits from the interview?

@Kowz Here's the interview courtesy of @grunty

Main take aways from the interview:

1)At the screening of the premier, viewers were asking whether or not kajiura's music stood out from the animation.
2) There are only 5 jazzy songs.

I only remembered the bit about the producers asking Kajiura to just do her own thing, but this interview is surprisingly in depth. They talk about the number of songs, the atmosphere, spy influences, and the two insert songs Kajiura wrote for the characters to sing; it's a really interesting read, especially after so much of the show has aired.

edited out the mistranslation

Last edited by a moderator:
2)Kajiura seems to acknowledge that she's recently made a lot of soundtracks that are more in the background or at least acknowledges her twitter followers who ask her about that kind of thing
Where was that? :confu: I admit I only did a very quick read in order to find this specific piece of information, but the only part where Twitter was mentioned was that she was being asked if the soundtrack would be released. She said people were worried because lately there are many anime whose soundtrack isn't released.

^I read the google translate, so it's entirely possible I misunderstood that line. I took it as people worrying about the soundtrack coming out in the viewing experience, the physical release never even crossed my mind.

Frankly, I can't imagine why anyone would worry about the latter since every post 2010 Kajiura tv-anime soundtrack has had a release.

And also just 2 bgms with vocals
Frankly, I can't imagine why anyone would worry about the latter since every post 2010 Kajiura tv-anime soundtrack has had a release.

Maybe they refer to unreleased tracks ? (even in that case, recent shows have way less unreleased tracks than pre 2009 ones )

EDIT: Or maybe the L.O.R.D movie lol

And also just 2 bgms with vocals

Maybe they refer to unreleased tracks ? (even in that case, recent shows have way less unreleased tracks than pre 2009 ones )

EDIT: Or maybe the L.O.R.D movie lol

I understood that they were generally talking about anime without OST releases. Not necessarily Kajiura-related.

Ep 11

- strings bgm (old)
OP
- main theme (no strings ver)
- sfx
- strings bgm (old, i suppose)
- strings bgm (old)
- old piano bgm
- old piano/sfx bgm
- new bgm at 11:47 (piano/strings) (some of the melody reminds of hokuto no ken lol)
- full of jazzy bgm (flute ver)
- piano bgm (old)
- strings bgm (old i think ? )
- new cello/piano bgm
- strings/drums bgm (not sure if i heard it before)
ED

i really like the jazzy main theme.

the one that reminded you of HnK... sorry it's nowhere close to the emotion that HnK ost gives :(

eh the ost is only 10 days away! be on the watch out everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back