Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Hanako to Anne" TV drama

Of course Mediafire decides to be slow as hell when the soundtrack is released. 40 KB/sec is suffering. :rain:

For those that the folder appears corrupt, add ".rar" at the end and replace the japanese with something with latin letters.

Any help with the musicians and Yuki's message will be greately appreciated :sparkleguy:

@aki: for some reason no duration appears when I playback the tracks :S

works fine with me in foobar2000? maybe it's because ALAC?
will post a review tomorrow. i pretty much loved all the tracks, even the filler ones. will elaborate.
most likely a second or indeed a third soundtrack announcement is imminent.

Partial musicians list. Someone else can fill in the blanks, hue.

Strings: Kiyo Kido Strings
Violin: Kiyo Kido
Violin:
Viola:
Cello
Cello:

Violin: Hitoshi Konno

Horn:
Trumpet:
Trombone:

Piano: Haruki Mino
Flute: Akagi Rie
Oboe:
Harp: Tomoyuki Asakawa

Acoustic guitar: Masayoshi Furukawa
Bouzouki & Oud:
Percussion: Tamao Fuijii
Accordion: Yoshiaki Sato

Uilleann Pipes:
Hammered Dulcimer:

Score Support:

69 is up on bilibili. Longer version of one of the songs played. :) Also, I will post a review as well probably Thurs. My favorite has to be 孤高の人. I just love the dulcimer. I love Yuki's style for this soundtrack so much.

this ost deserves a track-by-track review so here goes:

My Story : a perfect theme. love the return of pipes! as i said before, great melodies aside, Yuki's talent as an arranger comes out in tracks like these imo.

Tip of the Corner: the track is really a source of happiness. beautiful.

Palpitation!: piano cello violin. may seem a classic combo but it's nice.

Like a Wildflower: seriously Yuki's grip on accordion is as powerful as those of composers like Yann Tiersen. this grip is seen throughout the album :)

Crossroads: one of my favorites. tints of brass used in this soundtrack create a majestic effect.

Curiosity&Troublemaker: a nice calming down after Crossroads. Curiosity sounds like The First Town from SAO ost.

Bad Dream: love the use of bouzouki and oud. i invite Yuki to use qanun (or kanun in Turkish or κανονάκι in Greek) :)

People Who Live There: wonderful town music again. i am starting to think of town music Yasunori Mitsuda wrote for Xenogears.

The Power of Language: not as grand but still great.

Mother Land Nostalgia #2: oboe..

Flower Garden: Yuki's recent love of waltz bleeds through. nice.

Isolated Person: was looking forward to this one! maybe my favorite. dulcimer + flute. perfect.

A Guiding Star: same feeling as The Power of Language. again lovely oboe.

Black Witch: a bit repetitive but still ok.

Gospel: a wonderful orchestral track similar to Sakura#4 (which was sublime). midway strings is beautiful and before it gets too melodramatic, flute kicks in. again talent "A" :)

Incident!: conveys the feeling well. nice.

Awakeness: again something light after emotionally tight tracks. really like the ordering of the tracks in this ost.

Scandal: a fast cello track. great.

Sprint to Freedom: again a light violin guitar track. somehow makes me thinks of Jr. from Xenosaga

I Do Not Admire the Current Choice of Words!: again a lovely orchestral track. use of brass is simply magical. makes me want to say "Te!"

Under the light: very similar to "In Memory of You" and a bit "Ordinary Sunset" only lighter.

in the Flower Garden: lovely waltzy music.

Duckweed&Encounter With That Person: same comment about Yann Tiersen.

Mother Land Nostalgia: a very nice way to finish off. brass&oboe&pipes make me happy.

Overall, i think this ost is one of the best Yuki's osts out there. Filler tracks such as Dreaming, Peaceful Times were also fun to listen to. If you listen to the ost as a whole, they are soothing. I would like to reiterate my appreciation for the ordering of the tracks. Names are also fine. I'm on holiday so I could write this. Can't wait for the upcoming soundtracks which I'm sure will be announced soon. thanks again aki!

I was listening to the samples yesterday and really liked it. Thanks @aki for the share! :plz:

1. My Story (3:14): Very nice and refreshing, I have to hear bugpipe in Yuki ost since Xenosaga II :touched:The instrumental if you exxcept the bugpipe reminds me of "heigen", but it really fits
  2. Magarikado no saki「曲がり角の先」(2:58): The perfect theme for little Hanako: carefree and full of hope :dote:
  3. Hanako to yonde ku ryō「花子と呼んでくりょう」(1:40): Same as above. I wasnt expecting accordion, but it really fits!
  4. Palpitation! (2:14): Usual Yuki-style piano and violin theme, but I really like the faster part after 1:00 where all instrumenets kick in
  5. Like a Wild Flower (1:54): Ac.guitar and Accordion, should be a first ever combination for Yukim really relaxing :dote:
  6. Wakare-michi「わかれみち」(2:59): Chinese-e sound on this one, reminds me of SSK ost, relaxing too, a bit before the middles it gets sorta epic :XD:
  7. Kōkishin「好奇心」(1:40): A playful track, I can imagine hanako and her classmates playing hide-and-seek :XD: This violin & Ac guitar is also sorta rare for Yuki so im happy with this.
  8. Toraburumēkā「トラブルメーカー」(1:31) : Another accordion track, I would love if the street performers that ask for our spares money were perfroming songs like this one/
  9. Warui yume「わるいゆめ」(2:13): Doesnt really sound like a bad dream, unless Hanako dreamed that she was in dessert, being chased by camel riders :XD: I bet the percussion is synced, I love the oud here :dote:
  10. Yumemiru koto「夢みること」(2:15): Another dream title, this time its peaceful :)
  11. Soko ni ikiru hito-tachi「そこに生きる人たち」(1:14): One of my favourite tracks, so happy that it makes wanna dance :sohappy: again nice combination of accordion guitar and violin.
  12. Odayakana jikan 「穏やかな時間」(2:15): usual viola track I guess.
  13. Kotodama 「コトダマ」(2:03): flute gives a really relaxing sound at first, and when the strings enter, you sorta wake up, really peaceful
  14. Mother Land Nostalgia #2 (1:50): peaceful
  15. Flower Garden (2:36) waltz sound, this garden has to have lots of flowers and be huge, judging by the music, and it probably belongs to a rich person
  16. Kokōnohito 「孤高の人」(2:15): This track's melody is storia's bridge and pandora heart's "a shadow"'s bridge but I really like this arrangement with harp :dote::dote:
  17. A Guiding Star (2:14): relaxing again
  18. Lost Piece (1:55): usual piano piece
  19. Black Witch (1:24): I really like this one, I guess its not really a witch but some evil auntie (is this one Blackburn played?), the bgm is kinda creepy but playful too.
  20. Fukuin 「福音」(3:00): A track that could be out of Velveteen rabbit
  21. Jiken! 「事件!」(1:52): Mysterious music, didnt really expected to find something like that in this ost, cool strings.
  22. Awakeness (2:33) I dont really have anything to comment for this.
  23. Scandal (2:05): One of my favourite tracks, I love the cello melody on this, and i think it has harp in the background ?
  24. Jiyū e no shissō 「自由への疾走」(2:08): I think this one reminds me of some FFXIII2 track, definetely liking it.
  25. Oreta tsubasa 「折れた翼」(2:18): Perfect to make you sleep :XD:
  26. Ima no kotoba tsukai wa kanshin itashimasen!「今の言葉使いは感心いたしません!」(1:58): This one reminds me of Mai Otome starting BGMs, it could also fit in Toriko :XD:
  27. Akari no moto ni 「灯のもとに」(2:10): peaceful
  28. in the Flower garden (1:47): Is this garden a different one from #15's ? :XD: I really like the part after 0;51: i havent heard this instrument since Xenosaga III's "Testament".
  29. Nenashigusa「根無し草」(1:22): This music could fit perfectly in elcazador, at first it makes me think of someone fat who has eaten alot of giant beans :XD:
  30. Sono hito to no deai「その人との出会い」(2:02): Sounds like a town music, really nice :dote: I love the violin solo here.
  31. Enigma (2:01): enigmatic indeed :XD: That instrument (#28) again :dote:
  32. Mō hitotsu no kazoku「もうひとつの家族」(2:06): no comment
  33. Mother Land Nostalgia (2:47): no comment

Here are my thoughts on the soundtrack:
1. My Story : I guess I like it. It’s used so much in the show, so it got kind of old for me. (Not a fan of bagpipes but I liked Yuki’s colosseum in Noir as well, and le grand retour had them. So I like her bagpipes. Heh)

2. Magarikado no saki「曲がり角の先」It’s very peaceful. Like the full version, and the title. That sweet violin makes me feel like I’m flying.

3. Hanako to yonde ku ryō: I like it, very happy sounding and accordion again with flute is nice.

4. Palpitation!: I laughed at the title and at this song, since I remembered some of the scenes it was in.

5. Like a Wildflower: Yuki really likes accordion lately. The guitar throughout is nice, reminds me a bit of Gravel, and peaceful songs from SAO.

6. Wakare-michi「わかれみち」:Of course makes me sad, but happy as well to be hearing it. Another theme of the show, since it’s played a lot.

7. Kōkishin「好奇心」One of my most favorite from this ost. Loved it the first time I heard it, and agree it reminds me of First Town, but it has a lighter touch to it. Makes me want to dance as well. The ending is great.

8. Toraburumēkā「トラブルメーカー」lol Reminds me of Wakana playing the accordion on the cover of Hikari no Senritsu (that whole PV actually). I like this though, kind of would be in a French silent movie, or something.

9. Warui yume「わるいゆめ」I think, George, this was used in the scene when Hana and Assai were fleeing from the church or library or whatever it was, in the very beginning of the show. Or actually it was during Hana’s dream of that large guy shaking the house. But I think that’s why the title is like that. heh

10. Yumemiru koto「夢みること」Nice harp song. Reminds me of the happy moments of the show, during flashbacks and such. The title is nice and fitting as well. (The title kind of reminds me of “The Town with No People” from Chobits lol.) Nice song.

11. Soko ni ikiru hito-tachi「そこに生きる人たち」Nice song,violin and guitar again are nice. Very sweet.

12. Odayakana jikan 「穏やかな時間」The viola is nice and calming. Gives off a feeling of sleep, could listen to it before bed.

13. Kotodama 「コトダマ」Loved this flute song. It was nice, happy and uplifting. Also could be used during some sad scenes, but it was peaceful.

14. Mother Land Nostalgia #2 Why Yuki put #2 first, is kind of weird. I like the harp though.

15. Flower Garden lol Nice, dancing feel to this song. The beginning is just so weird though.

16. Kokōnohito 「孤高の人」This has to be my favorite song so far. I love it, reminds me of Salvae, terrae magica! And some other dulcimer/celtic songs Yuki has composed. I love it so much. My mom has a dulcimer so it makes me want to learn how to play it again. It also reminds me of Renaissance Faire, which that season is almost here.

17. A Guiding Star A nice happy song.

18. Lost Piece This was the one that reminded me of Boogiepop. Ahh nostalgia. Very good.

19. Black Witch I like this one, it’s fun. I liked it when it was first used in the show, I think when the large woman (can’t remember her name) was introduced. Though I think it was used for Blackburn’s meeting as well. Anyways, it’s good, a different style for this show. Sounds like a marching song.

20. Fukuin 「福音」The theme again, but as a soft violin.

21. Jiken! 「事件!」This one really caught me off guard. I thought “this is something for Madoka that she decided to use for this.” Lol But it really fits in the scenes that it’s used. Nice. I think Jiken means trouble or something, right?

22. Awakeness lol Ahhh the scene with the dictionary. I like it.

23. Scandal This one is a little strange as well, but I like the cello and guitar combo, something she does not use often. And the harp is a nice touch too.

24. Jiyū e no shissō 「自由への疾走」Sounds like it’s on a beach somewhere. A nice feel to the song, really like the violin style for this one.

25. Oreta tsubasa 「折れた翼」Another peaceful song.

26. Ima no kotoba tsukai wa kanshin itashimasen!「今の言葉使いは感心いたしません!」 This is the one that was in the play, right? Nice dance music again.

27. Akari no moto ni 「灯のもとに」Wow, nice guitar and accordion song. Makes me want to relax again on the pontoon.

28. in the Flower garden The title reminds me of Your Silver Garden, but it has a nice feel to it. Very peaceful dance. Reminds me of an older movie with people eating outside at a horse race or something.

29. Nenashigusa「根無し草」This is the big band music I think. Nice accordion again.

30. Sono hito to no deai「その人との出会い」This sounds like something out of Kiki’s Delivery Service, very nice.

31. Enigma The other dulcimer song. (Ren Faire music!) Love it.

32. Mō hitotsu no kazoku「もうひとつの家族」A nice sweet song to drift off to sleep. But it has a sad tone as well.

33. Mother Land Nostalgia Did not really like the bagpipe version of this. Maybe since it was used a lot again.

So loved the whole soundtrack, even though there were a couple I did not care for. (Maybe because I actually watch the show as well. Heh) Thanks again aki for letting me listen, really still want to buy it, but no money. Fantastic overall. I hope the other songs will be included. Some from the beginning were missing, like the soldiers marching one. Or maybe there will be another Works for Soundtrack. So glad this came out though. There is my review.

^ Indeed watching a show where an OST is used has the advantage that you see if it fits the show, and the dissadvantage that you get tired of the overused tracks (see Swordland for SAO).

I believe there will be enough new tracks for more soundtracks for this :)

^Thanks. hehe Is that a new piano song when Hana is talking to Masaoka (I think that's his name)? It sounds a lot like Velveteen Rabbit. I like it.

Seems to be better than anything post-KnK she's done.

The only track I don't like so far is A guiding star. That track is just straight from Madowka.

Edit: Add 福音 and Awakeness, and few other arranges of that same melody to that.

Very happy to hear Kajiura still can do it when she tries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back