Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [Live CD / BD Release of concerts on March 19, 2025 ]

• Thread starter Thread starter elcazador
  • Start date Start date
I'm so sorry for LINO LEIA. The role is too big for her. Still my best wishes for his career.

Well. To be fair, not the best performance of the other girls...

At parts she sounds like Wakana while in most other parts you can tell its not her because she has too high pitch voice and nasal too. I think Keiko did fine but Hikaru was barely audible.

Overall the experience was unpleasant to hear but this isnt even among my fav Kalafina songs anyway so maybe im biased.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1kitSezE2s/

Yikes.
Still don't care for LL but she was not the weakest link. She was the the best.
Wat, no. Lino was easily the worst. Hikaru and Keiko blended well like they usually do, and Hikaru was on key for her solos. Slightly off for some of her lower harmonies but nothing unusual for Hikaru.

Lino Leia's voice is far too thin to be the lead vocalist, especially in the chorus. She can't hit that E5 in her chest voice like Wakana so it sounded extremely weak and that made her voice be drowned out by Hikaru and Keiko. Her head voice is also too weak to hear as well.

1646595469727.jpg

Well, at least they continued the tradition of bad RyB performances huehee.

I fall into the I-couldn't-care-less-for-ringyourbell-even-less-for-LL category but I would swap LL for the "bad" Wakana.

I just listened to it, I mean ... it's ok but I wouldn't go back to it.

for some reason I am always happy to see Hikaru in lives tho, it's like seeing an old friend xD

also with regard to fate live.. it kinda was disappointing, it's as if everything was playback, there was so little rearrangement or shuffling. eh still good to have a small sized choir live.

Last edited:
Wat, no. Lino was easily the worst. Hikaru and Keiko blended well like they usually do, and Hikaru was on key for her solos. Slightly off for some of her lower harmonies but nothing unusual for Hikaru.
I'll give you points for making me listen to this trash again. I still hated it. I never want to listen to Hikaru or LL ever again.

So guess, yes, I will retract my statement. Keiko was the best.

Last edited:
Yep, Keiko and Hikaru blended their voces as usual but LINO needs more training. I still don’t know why Yuriko didnt support this (difficult) song, is she on vacation?

Oh man, it just hit me... this is the song contestants had to sing for the FJ audition. LL probably sang like this (or worse hue) and enthralled Kajiura 😭
Where came this information from? 🧐

Oh man, it just hit me... this is the song contestants had to sing for the FJ audition. LL probably sang like this (or worse hue) and enthralled Kajiura 😭
She probably chose her cause she had the closest voice to Wakana, and hoped she would improve ^^;
or maybe there are other criteria too that cant be said lol or it was a collective voting and Kajiura was minority vote lol

Confirmed, LiSA did not attend.
People are talking about Kalafina. "It was hard to see how they performed a Kalafina song without being Kalafina but it was Kalafina" lol
That was not Kalafina!

Wakana really made that lead her own! I feel like Kajiura gave a bone to those who'd been complaining about LINO not taking Wakana's place.

I hope this shuts them up once and for all, but from your comment I feel it won't, sadly.

Lino Leia's voice is far too thin to be the lead vocalist, especially in the chorus. She can't hit that E5 in her chest voice like Wakana so it sounded extremely weak and that made her voice be drowned out by Hikaru and Keiko. Her head voice is also too weak to hear as well.
OK, I'm in a ranting mode on this...bear with me. (Good to have a reference of unedited vocals in a fully live performance for all their videos voices).

First of all, LINO was off-pitch on the last held note of the very first "Uta-i-tai", killing the harmony - not a good start and it went on throughout the performance! Maybe she was nervous? I don't know. :faint:

Wakana for all her faults always nailed those notes. She set the bar for this song. Her vocal lead was always its driving force, vocally. I personally feel her "i" vowels, though shrill, were one of her strong points emotionally for fans. That particular note often carried a lot of her emotional expression for some reason.
I have to say, to me it's almost a slap to Wakana's efforts (and all the criticism many of us give her) to put a weak vocalist as LINO to sing this song. She kept going off pitch on long held-out notes.
LINO's weakness couldn't create enough energy to cover the other voices (especially Hikaru), which was one of the things about Kalafina, their voices covered for each other to a degree, with Wakana doing a lot of that in songs where she was the highlight (yes, studio magic smoothed the rough edges). No cover from LINO. She was like a baby voice on a song for women, if not vocal giants.

Now, maybe if there was a studio magic version the entire thing would sound better, but there wasn't much voice to work with in the first place.

I still support LINO doing some stuff in FJ, but not as a lead in a heavy-impact, highly-anticipated song such as this.

I think people just missed hearing "Ring Your Bell" that they would take anything they could get! It's just that those same people might riot if Joelle was to actually take Wakana's place for straight, Kalafina-billed performances. 🤷‍♂️ They'd feel she was "replacing" Wakana altogether...

Last edited:
She probably chose her cause she had the closest voice to Wakana, and hoped she would improve ^^;
or maybe there are other criteria too that cant be said lol or it was a collective voting and Kajiura was minority vote lol
My issue now with LINO in this "ring your song" context is comparing her with others when they started - Hikaru (first time debut in Kalafina), of course champ Kaori (though she was almost a mini-veteran with Chix and SH), Maya (first debut) were stronger than her (and rito to be honest).

I have to say that she has a weird way of using her tongue and spreading her mouth rather than down, that lends to that nasal/strangled sound when she needs to put out more intense loudness/forte, which is needed in a leading context especially in Kajiura music. When she's singing soft songs in a studio setting her voice comes out more. Maybe she was overwhelmed with the fear of comparisons with Wakana.

She's definitely more charismatic and comfortable overall on stage than rito (though she's improving).

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Hd4y1b7BG/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.7
I went back to watch her and rito's "I don't want to see you again/August Organ" (back to back) and though I was honestly mesmerized by LINO's charisma then compared to rito's, but I noticed rito's low notes, having to standing on the lower stage, and having a much slower (potentially more boring song) with only 3 chorus (Joelle/Yuriko chanting and Kaori harmonizing) for her introductory FJ song; versus LINO standing on the higher stage, and having the then full FJ vocal chorus support her in a fast-paced, epic-styled, real showcase FJ song.

Yep, Keiko and Hikaru blended their voces as usual but LINO needs more training. I still don’t know why Yuriko didnt support this (difficult) song, is she on vacation?

Where came this information from? 🧐
Yes, Yuriko would have been much better and NO ONE would have complained from the J Fans. I think there's a lot of respect for her.

Back