Yuki Kajiura to compose for "FSN Heaven's Feel" movies [Live CD / BD Release of concerts on March 19, 2025 ]

• Thread starter Thread starter elcazador
  • Start date Start date
1726925897751.png

Aimer secret guest.
Kalafina tomorrow lol

the flower will bloom, the butterfly emerge and the butterfly flutters being the same song but still Kajiura included them randomly in the setlist. Girl, make a mashup or a mix…

Last edited:
I don't know...

I've not watched the whole thing but the setlist could've been way more varied at first glance. Kasahara absolutely FTW but yikes at all those theme repeats in a 90min concert, where 16 minutes are Aimer.

The fact that they had Sakura's VA talking over the one calmer track, lul. (Wonder if they even would consider having an alternate audio track on bluray with her mic muted... lol.)
At least they included tale of the Holy Grail.
(And she holds the black holy sword for my favorite ;p ...but without electronica it loses so much...)

I'll say more after watching. XD

Edit:
Kajiura at 30:19 be like "Yes."

Aimer secret guest.
Kalafina tomorrow lol
I'm sure Aimer is going to be there tomorrow. She has at least 2 songs in UBW from what I remember.

Last edited:
So kay, some liveblogging:

0. overture was nice, would like that first track. I don't remember it from the OST.
1. open the courtains; I do like the piano addition. Is that wild effect on some cello or guitar? Either way, me likey.
2. calm and quiet days; why did you have to have Sakura's VA there... jfc... like it's some fan event, rather than a concert...
3. the flower will bloom; all the yes to Yuri. I don't care that the very beginning was shakey dicey. I do like how they are exposing/filtering the cello... but wonder if they will tone it down in the final release mix.

Also, for a LIVE stream we've come a LONG way. I would like us to remember how that Hokuto no Ken wedding livestream sounded for comparison...

4. his war, my war; oh ffs we're going dank... again like the cello shining through...
5. lancer and assassin; Guitarist wildin' - I think I like him. XD Surprisingly decent from Remi - I'm happy for her.
6. she did not answer; did you really have to go directly into this after Remi? I wish they at least did either "interception" or "into the battle" inbetween... dafuq is that wobbly side camera on Yuri??! wub Yuri's last note. Some delicious bass in the instrumental section after that too.
7. now I'm back; do like the added piano again. don't think they needed the playbacked harp in the 2nd section - piano was enough. did like the extra e.guitar touch in the 2nd half - maybe a lil cheesy but hey.

and so ends presage flower? Not even 20 minutes... I'm sorry. Disappoint.
Needed more music (and less Sakura's VA). At least "fears and hopes", "overpowered" and either "interception" or "into the battle". I would say "song of a tiny flower" but then Hana no Uta at the end makes it redundant... (but hey, YK didn't mind including the main theme with Yuri 4 times...). I probably would've included "she decides, he decides" as a breather but that's me, I realize it could be boring to some people.
Honestly, not even 20 minutes??!? Still disappoint.

8. you have to choose your fate; for a live I do like the piano again.
9. the butterfly emerge; seriously? already? we only just got this before the MC, lol... you could've done some extended version of "hurrying to the library" and I'm not even the biggest fan of that track but still... surefine performance though, with some glorious Yuri, and a satisfying shot of YK @ 30:18.
10. He comes back again and again; why this already... so many tracks skipped... surefine performance; I do like the guitarist; very satisfying ESUCALIBAAAAAAAAAAAA from Yuri.
11. petals and butterfly; oh... dear... I... That shot of Remi @ 35:15 is how I feel. Good thing I don't care for this track.
12. the song we once sang; oh, okay, the omission of "song of a tiny flower" excused, I guess...
13. I will face my fate; Nothing to say really. Surefine performance for what it is like "the song we once sang". :)
14. the lost butterfly; okay can someone tell me what is that bass? is it actually "Jr"? (also in "open the courtains" at the start)
15. I beg you; bery gud performance of a bery gud song. Kajiura @ 45:09.

and so ends lost butterfly. 21 minutes WITH Aimer's "I beg you". Like what in the actual hell? Disappoint.
Needed more music. I would've included "he still can't choose his future", "she rules the battlefield" (like how was this even ignored in the first place?), "in a gentle world" for a breather, and they absolutely should've figured out something for "my stomach is rumbling!"/"some sweet candies". Maybe hurrying to the library like I said above because holy moly jumping straight to that Yuri main theme again.
I lament the fact there was no live brass in this concert. "what else we can do?" and "despair and hope" are unfortunate casualties of that fact, as I would also not want them with playback. Le sigh.
Still... 21 minutes WITH I beg you. WILD.

16. in early spring; Remi welp. e.guitar makes it more cheesy than I'd like. XD That climax was more than rough... ugh.
17. the butterfly flutters; and then comes out Yuri. Delicious. I know it's a small thing but I do like the piano addition again. That switchup section is still jarring after all these years. XD
18. I kill and I give life; actually like how it sounds here more than on the OST. I don't know if they had all that bass in the og. Choir part sounds better too IMHO. That wobbly side camera though... lol...
19. why I fight ~EMIYA~ spring song 2020 ver.; surefine. could've extended it. frankly, should have even.
20. the tale of the Holy Grail; hmm... wonder if those piano keys were intentional at the start... do wish they had extended this track at the start with flute more solo, closer to "she tells about the Holy Grail" I guess. Or just medley those two together... This concert needed more flute and solos in general. This was great.
21. she holds the black holy sword; one of muh favorites on the OG soundtrack, it's v gud here but definitely lacks the electronica (maybe they juj it up in the release mix); Yuri deleesh.
22. the four rings; well we just got this... ;p cool solo though. Definitely like it more here than on vol#20, the choir feels better than just our live regulars and I'm not pressed about the strings.
23. I will show you a miracle; again don't think it needs the playbacked harp.

and so ends spring song. 25 minutes.
Better but "once we were here together" still should've been here with piano instead of harp.
I would've also included "no way to back out ~ I ask you, my foe" but I can kind of understand if they had thought it would be on the boring side.
Maybe also either "despair was pleasure" or "what happiness is" to separate "butterfly flutters" and "I kill and I give life" but not a priority for me...

24. Haru wa yuku; with not needed Sakura's VA... I assume they'll bump the cello up in the release mix... Kajiura @ 1h16:50. Did chuckle at Aimer's voice change at that same point. Don't remember if she was switching her voice in the refrain this much in vol#16, it wasn't super bad but unexpected and a little honky... maybe she was tired and didn't want to risk hitting dem notes...

Encore 25. Hana no Uta; very good actually.

What is in this concert is mostly very good/great. Yuri was subarashii. Yuki had a few great shots. I liked the new guitar guy. Choir was good. I'm surprised how much I enjoyed "I kill and I give life". The only track I did not care for was "in early spring" - that guitar just really did not work for me (and will stay the same in release mix, while Remi will get studioh4cked).

The problem is... if you take Aimer out, there's 60 minutes of music here!

3/5 is generous.

PS. I still think my idea of giving "lancer and assassin" to Yuri and inviting Shaylee to do "petals and butterfly" and "in early spring" (maybe "you were always brilliant" too just to split some of the dank action up) was interesting.

Last edited:
My favorite things from this live were Kajiura on piano and the new guitarist - he was having a blast up there

Yuri had a rough start but she pulled it together quickly. Remi was decent.

I’ve been wanting a live with full string section for a long time, and now that it’s here I’m a touch underwhelmed. I don’t feel like it added that much to the performance; in fact, I think it actually overpowered the singers - tho I’m guessing this might be more a problem with the mixing?

I also think Kajiura could have been more ambitious and done some medleys or mashups or something. My favorite part of any Kajiura live is all the additions or different arrangements she adds to the tracks and there really weren’t that many here.

Kasahara looks absolutely gorgeous and remains extremely consistent and professional here.
The flower will bloom sounds so divine. "His war my war" reminds me of Point Zero and makes me wish Yuki had included Point Zero here (with Tokyo Kosei or was it a different choir?). Gosh Yuri's agility and sudden jumps in "she holds back" o.O

Last edited:
The fact that they had Sakura's VA talking over the one calmer track, lul. (Wonder if they even would consider having an alternate audio track on bluray with her mic muted... lol.)
I think the NIER orchestra concerts had the option of removing that. Hopefully they do that with this one.

Dont know if you realise but this the first time ever in Kajiura music that we see a concert featuring Tokyo Konsei :D
Not Tokyo Konsei! It's Utabito Zanmai (Samady?) Chorus

And male singers. Was it Dreamport with Revo and SH where male vocalists existed in Yuki's music?

Even heigen's male vocals were playback.
Male singers = dream port, shoot! (Gundam seed character song), tears fall in my heart, and the LORD theme song male ver

1726996901703.png

ring your bell by FictionJunction feat. Keiko, Hikaru and.... LINO LEIA
(hmmm THIS ILLUSION also by FJ...?)

Expecting the video, I'm afraid because LINO LEIA doing harmonies Wakana-style is going to be hard. Where is Yuriko...???

Last edited:
lol. Lucky I don't even remember how that song goes other than RIIIIIIIIIIING YOOOOOOOOOUR BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeellllllll

So they even brought LiSA over? Dang. Went all out.
And NO AIMER? I was wrong. I am flabbergasted and humbled. lol.

They announced another Live for next year. But I think it's going to be game music.
https://concert.fate-sn.com/news/?id=66253

PS.
The more I'm thinking about yesterday's HF concert the more annoyed with it I am.
60 minutes... 60 minutes of music from the soundtrack and 15+ of that is probably Yuri's main theme variations...
There will probably never be another Heaven's Feel live...
Just disappoint.

And they want to charge 7000+ yen for the bluray+2cd combo. This concert was 75minutes with Aimer and 90 minutes with MCs... like FFS.

Last edited:
Back