Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#14 ~25th Anniversary Special~ (June 30 – July 22, 2018)

Beyond excited to see what YK #14 is like. I'm really excited to see the outcome now that she's TOTALLY INDEPENDENT. Or should I be worried that it could go either way: Either she will have more freedom because she is artistically independent now; OR would she lose access to any of her previously composed songs? Or maybe a combo of the two? Kind of a scary thought.

But either way I hope this Live represents Yuki going back to her roots and focusing on the worldly-influenced awesome-sauce songs that used to define her, and maybe creating new music in that truly unique style.

I wonder if this will be a soundtrack/instrumental live or if she'll bring in some vocalists to replace the girls.

Yes yes it's a YK live, but if it would be only an instrumental live, she would have specified :) So I think that there will be the Utahime's :)

Afaik this live (live vol.14) is to commemorate her 25th year as a composer so it'd be weird not to have the utahimes sing some of her songs or for FictionJunction songs not to make it into the setlist. And I think Kajiura leaving spacecraft doesn't necessarily mean she couldn't have the girls sing for her... unless the company banned her for collaborating with singers signed under their management company, which is also possible and has happened before (SM with Jessica lol)

Yesss sureeee :) Since me and my best friends wants to attend the live, so when I discover something about the tickets I write here :cheer:

I wish they would sing Gatherway, Shoot (a Keiko version wouldn't be so bad), Life Goes On, Shinkai no kudou, and Toki no Sabaku. Please? If they have the same old songs it'd be kind of boring. I wonder what the instrumentals will be? Maybe more from RHH? That would be awesome too. So glad some of us are going so they can report!

I wish they would sing Gatherway, Shoot (a Keiko version wouldn't be so bad), Life Goes On, Shinkai no kudou, and Toki no Sabaku. Please? If they have the same old songs it'd be kind of boring. I wonder what the instrumentals will be? Maybe more from RHH? That would be awesome too. So glad some of us are going so they can report!
I hope we get all the pripri songs and old fashioned fairytale at the very least. Also, if Kajiura is going to include anything from pripri, she needs to bring in the drummer she used on that soundtrack because Sato will not be able to keep up the speed.

Is it "nevergonnahappenlol wishlist" time?

Japanese onry
-Keiko: Fields of hope or Toki no Sabaku. or whynotboth.jpg
-Kaori: Tsuki no curse
-Yuriko: Gensou rakuen
-Time traveler Wakana: Shinkai no kodoku
-Sorupuraisu guesto Yuuka: Moonlight melody with Kaori.

Non-Japanese only
-Keiko: Sakura #2, Lullaby~Fiction ver.
-Yuriko: Lilac, Inca rose
All: Mimiru, Pandora hearts, Silent ceremony~Evocation mix
-Muh Eri guesto: Optimistic, or the upbeat theme from LORD
-Teh Kasahara guesto: In a beautiful morning of may, or the HF theme.
-Hanae Tomaru guesto: KnK medley, not just m01 and paradigm.
-Remi guesto: HF themes.

Instrumental
-Opening theme~Kyousuke 1, Love I, Lamentation, Kyou no hajimari, Natsu sora kaifuu, Optimistically,and more hue.

Also, if Kajiura is going to include anything from pripri, she needs to bring in the drummer she used on that soundtrack because Sato will not be able to keep up the speed.

They would also need another pianist cause Kajiura is not that skilled.

@Kowz iirc even on the YKL with Hanae as guest vocal they didn't perform KnK Medley with her... maybe because the structure of the medley is in the garden of sinners-paradigm-in the garden of sinners, and they thought it'd be weird to have Hanae enter in the middle of the song. that's as far as I remember from a blog post though. but yes i want a KnK medley, all the vocals tracks from KnK if I were to choose the setlist lmao. especially if I cry. KnK03, its soundtrack and the Kalafina song for it (Kizuato) is underappreciated tbh.

Me also wants Shinkai no Kodoku but tbh if they'd ever perform it I think it'd be a Kaori-Yuriko duet. Kaori main vocal and Yuriko on chorus.

maybe because the structure of the medley is in the garden of sinners-paradigm-in the garden of sinners, and they thought it'd be weird to have Hanae enter in the middle of the song. that's as far as I remember from a blog post though.

That's easy to solve. Just dim the lights, so only FJ and Kajiura can be seen on stage. Then have Hanae wait at the top of the stairs, and turn on all lights as soon as Paradigm starts to have a HANAEOUTOFFUCKINGNOWHERE moment. She can go down the stairs once Wakana continues singing INGOF, and follow up with KnK 3 battle on the bridge, yiiii.

KnK03, its soundtrack and the Kalafina song for it (Kizuato) is underappreciated tbh.

KnK 3, 5, and 6 have the best OSTs, IMO.

If there's a release coming then I'll throw in my MADLAX cent: places of the holy (unreleased+released version mashup) with Yuri or Eri depending who the guest could be. Backing vocals by Keiko, I guess.

Edit: Also... it just hit me since this is 25th Anniversary live... how bout Chiaki Ishikawa? If they are even talking to eachother...

Last edited by a moderator:
especially if I cry
I would kill to hear all 16 minutes of it live
Edit: Also... it just hit me since this is 25th Anniversary live... how bout Chiaki Ishikawa? If they are even talking to eachother...
y'all need to stop putting these ideas in my head. I'm already internally screaming at the possibilities. Seijaku no headphone no naka! indio! Swimmer?!

Back