Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#14 ~25th Anniversary Special~ (June 30 – July 22, 2018)

I know this isn't exactly the best time to post about this but if Wakana and Hikaru indeed stay with Spacecraft and they couldn't work with Kajiura in near future then I'm actually quite glad with the possibility that Wakana wouldn't be around for YKL14. More room for guests and less possibility of boring FJ tracks to be performed. I'm contradicting my earlier post but now that I think of this (imho, positive) possibility I'm actually quite alright with it lol.

Couldn't they be credited under a different name? With SC, they're always credited by their first name in romaji, which I think is their stage name.
I wouldn't mind a new soprano though.

■■ Yuki Kajiura LIVE Vol.#14 “~25th Anniversary Special~"

• 2018/06/30(土)
    at・ [舞浜アンフィシアター]
  • 2018/07/01(日)
    at・ [舞浜アンフィシアター]
  • 2018/07/12(木)
    at・ [大阪 NHKホール]
  • 2018/07/15(日)
    at・ [舞浜アンフィシアター]
  • 出演(予定)
    梶浦由記(Piano・Chorus)
    Vocal:KAORI/YURIKO KAIDA/Joelle
    Vocal(日替):
     笠原由里(7/15)/伊東えり(7/12)/戸丸華江(6/30)/Remi(7/1)
     ASUKA(結城アイラ)※出演日未定

MUSICIAN:
    是永功一(Guitar)/佐藤強一(Drums)/高橋“Jr.”知治(Bass)
    今野均(Violin 7/12,15)、城元絢花(Violin 6/30,7/1)
    赤木りえ(Flute)/大平佳男(Manipulator)

問い合わせ先:
    インフォメーションダイヤル:03-5793-8878(平日/13:00~18:00)
    大阪公演事務局:06-7732-8883(毎日/10:00~18:00)

http://www.fictionjunction.com/

>no wakana & keiko.
who's joelle?

Joelle is from Linked Horizon.

Maybe YK wants to let Wakana and Keiko rest their voices. They've been touring almost constantly for 3 years. I wonder if Joelle has a lower range to take over for Keiko. I've not heard her sing.

edit: Okay... Joelle is replacing Wakana. LIstened to her singing. Woah she's got a clear operatic high voice..

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh Joelle. The one who sings the L.O.R.D soundtrack. Seems like the L.O.R.D songs will get performed. Kinda bummed there will be no Keiko as well but the live could be interesting. On the bright side, one special guest on different days could mean that they would perform kajiurago songs with Hanae/Eri/Yuri/Remi that haven't been performed live before to make the setlist full because FJ songs are out, so do tons of English songs and cover/original songs with Wakana and Keiko as lead vocals. OR they would fill the setlist with soundtrack only. Kajiura on chorus? saints live possibility?

On the not so bright side, bye vanity and fiction live.

OOOOO JOELLE :stars::stars::stars::stars::stars: my favorite sound horizon vocalist now singing with FictionJunction

Maybe YK wants to let Wakana and Keiko rest their voices. They've been touring almost constantly for 3 years. I wonder if Joelle has a lower range to take over for Keiko. I've not heard her sing.
To me she sounds like a mezzo or possibly a soprano, definitely higher than Kaori. Though I'm kinda bummed no Wakana/Keiko, I'm interested to see what Joelle will bring to the table. If I had to guess, she'd probably mainly cover Wakana's parts.

Joelle, very nice. Shame on no Keiko though. But still, this should be a refreshing change.
I wonder, since there's one less singer, will the guest singer for each day sing through out the whole concert?

On the not so bright side, bye vanity and fiction live.

Joelle could sing both. Current Wakana would sound awful snging either of those.

Here's more Joelle y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6umOU8gHTsA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2it-AY8HqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1yAMtxk_k0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdO5GmVpY20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNWao2-fomY

The violinist for 6/30 and 7/1 is Ayaka Jomoto.

Joelle is from Linked Horizon.

What a very positive way of thinking. With Kalafina status on quo and the reports saying they have no planned release for unforeseeable future don't you think that "letting Wakana and Keiko rest because they've been so busy for years" is just a wishful thinking of things are alright and there's no tension between Kajiura, the Kalagirls, and Spacecraft? YKL 14 is on end-June. It's still 3 months from now.

I mean with Kaori and Yuriko, Kajiura quitting Spacecraft doesn't really impact their career because they've been singing for other people and have had other people composing songs for them. But with Wakana and Keiko, (with some exceptions) Kajiura songs are the only songs they've been singing for 10 years.

@Kowz I doubt they'll change the lead vocalist. And vanity live without Keiko? Nope. Also according to toublog, at the only YKL they performed fiction (YKL3), the main vocal for fiction was Keiko.

I doubt they'll change the lead vocalist. And vanity live without Keiko? Nope.

Well, Vanity is an Emily song, not Wakana, so there's really no reason why they wouldn't do it. Besides, I doubt all the songs where Joelle gets to sing will be song that haven't been performed before. Don't be surprised if she sings Forest and I reach for the sun, among other previously performed songs.

Also according to toublog, at the only YKL they performed fiction (YKL3), the main vocal for fiction was Keiko.

Whoops, I assumed it was sung by Wakana.

Very interesting. I've never heard of Joelle before, but she sounds capable (though I don't really care for her voice based on those videos posted).

The guest vocalists are very exciting to me, and I'm interested to see how much involvement they'll have with the live. I hope Asuka gets to sing more than just everlasting song; she's not the most popular of Yuki's vocalists, but I like her voice.

The musician list however, is really disappointing. Aside from the flute, it's super basic.

Well, Vanity is an Emily song, not Wakana, so there's really no reason why they wouldn't do it. Besides, I doubt all the songs where Joelle gets to sing will be song that haven't been performed before. Don't be surprised if she sings Forest and I reach for the sun, among other previously performed songs.

Whoops, I assumed it was sung by Wakana.

Why do I think that Kajiura is not diligent enough to rearrange the vocals arrangement lol and if I may say, a lot of Kajiura live arrangement is for four part harmony so imo Joelle would probably fill Keiko's role or Kaori's role (if Kajiura decides to have Kaori sings Keiko's part). I reach for the sun without 4 singers singing the chorus? Dry. Vanity could still work with 3 singers singing, though.

And omfg i just realized that Kajiura doesn't even invite Yuuka.

The idea that Wakana and Hikaru not working with YK because she's not with Spacecraft would also extend to Kaori. Kaori is doing the YK FJ lives. So, this is not a hindrence for Wakana and Hikaru. There are probably other issues at play. I hold firm that it's Wakana and Keiko getting a rest.

Why do I think that Kajiura is not diligent enough to rearrange the vocals arrangement lol and if I may say, a lot of Kajiura live arrangement is for four part harmony so imo Joelle would probably fill Keiko's role or Kaori's role (if Kajiura decides to have Kaori sings Keiko's part).

We'll see. Since there's one less singer it's possible Kajiura might sing more. And for all we know, the guest might sing throughout the whole concert.
As for Vanity, Joelle could sing the whole thing by herself (like Emily did in AX 03), and just have Yuriko and Kaori sing chorus.

And omfg i just realized that Kajiura doesn't even invite Yuuka.

Didn't she have a baby? Or am I confusing her with someone else...

I hold firm that it's Wakana and Keiko getting a rest.

The lives are still a couple of months away. You don't really need that much vocal rest, unless you're voice is screwed up, or had some sort of procedure.

I'm not too bothered by W and K's absence but more excited that YURIKO KAIDA and KAORI are still on the YK train. I was very worried KAORI was getting bored of the YK lives considering her face of disinterest from vol 11 live. But the fact that she's back for 14 despite the absence of co-singers WAKANA and KEIKO...gives me hope! ;_;

This is great news. And the guest vocalists!! So happy for her 25th anniversary. She owes us for not releasing Kajifest on DVD- she better give us this one.

The idea that Wakana and Hikaru not working with YK because she's not with Spacecraft would also extend to Kaori. Kaori is doing the YK FJ lives. So, this is not a hindrence for Wakana and Hikaru. There are probably other issues at play. I hold firm that it's Wakana and Keiko getting a rest.
The issue isn’t that K and W are still with spacecraft, it’s that they’re professional relationship to Kajiura is really uncertain now. An appearance at one of her lives just brings up unnecessary questions that might dampen the mood of the event.

The list of artists is not final, so I'm hoping for later announcements!! I'm crossing all the fingers

The list of artists is not final, so I'm hoping for later announcements!! I'm crossing all the fingers
I would be more than happy if she could announced a string quartet and a percussionist. Considering how heavily they feature in her music, I don't understand why they're not a staple.

I would be more than happy if she could announced a string quartet and a percussionist. Considering how heavily they feature in her music, I don't understand why they're not a staple.

Totally!! I have no words!! My only hope is that the live list is not complete t.t So depressing all this

Back