Yuki Kajiura LIVE #19 Kajifes 2023 - 30th Anniversary Live (Blu-ray releases / Box set announced for May 29, 2024)

To be fair, I am not sure all of that was Yuriko. Either way I'm not that interested in hearing more of vol5 MATERIALISE vocals.)

I'm talking out of my ass here but in all honesty I wouldn't even be surprised if that last run in MATERIALISE that scratches a high C was the reason why we didn't get MATERIALISE with Yuri in Kaji Fes 2023. It's been 20 years since that was recorded...
I think when they performed MATERIALISE, Yuriko had a cold that day if I remember correctly

I enjoyed Kaji Fest 2023 bluray!

Specific songs commentary:
I was delighted to see Obsession done live, which I've never had the pleasure of seeing FJ do. Loved it a lot. The accordion was as random as the song itself and actually worked. While I definitely don't love Lino Leia, her thin voice at least matched Chiaki's original studio performance, so I thought she did well, although Kaori or Eri Ito would have done better.

I also loved this rendition of "Red Rose" a lot better than from the Vol 15 CD where the guitar drowned out the uillean pipes. Much better this time around. Seeing the medley of musicians was amazing (cello solo!) I think instrumentation is where Yuki's brilliance most shines. After a long show of poppy vocals, this was a needed breath of fresh air. Can anyone explain to me Eri's yellow feather? Is this a reference to something in Japanese culture I'm not aware of? She's doesn't do anything with it except wiggle it around and distract from the musician solos. I don't get it at all. Maybe they should save it for if they ever perform "my dear feather" 😆

I liked Kimi Ga Ita Monogatari from Volume 11 much better, mostly because of that amazing violin shredding solo that was cut this time around. That solo blows my mind and is another example of Yuki's brilliant instrumentation I want more of, not less. Also missed opportunity to not have Yuri Kasahara do the operatic opening / bridge from the studio version, and maybe even expand it a little bit. I was surprised that I preferred Wakana's version of the "calling you in quiet lonely night" intro , because I usually always prefer Joelle

Other honorable mention I thought have never sounded better : Hoshikuzu, Hanamori no Oka, ring your song, yasashii yoake (Yuuka might have carried it slightly better than Joelle, however the instrumentation omg)

The other classics (the world, ITLOTUTM, mezame, salva nos, song of storm and fire, everlasting song, zodiacal sign, parallel hearts, stone cold etc) all great as per usual, but definitely growing stale - and I say this as someone who became a hardcore YK fan because of many of these songs. I definitely wish YK would make a more concerted effort to tweak more of them more often, like when she sometimes adds new instrument solos (flashback to the gorgeous AF violin solo in "fake wings" from vol 1 reprise that made my ears near orgasm 😍)

Vocalist commentary:
As usual, Yuriko Kaida was the lowkey star of the show, making all the other singers sound beautiful with her lush harmonies, but not receiving any staring solos (except Canta Per Me I assume, which wasn't included in the bluray). Not sure why her songs like Himitsu / here we stand in the morning dew / main theme of petite cossette seem to be forgotten relics of the past. I also don't know how amazing old Yuriko songs like gensou rakuen / lullaby / das wandern haven't made it into a live yet (to my knowledge)

The 4 core FJ girls' voices have never been stronger. Joelle is what FJ was missing for a long time. Ever since Volume 16, their voices seem to be entering a new level of strength and maturity. Joelle + Yuriko is a powerhouse combo. The way their voices blend is intoxicating. The FJ women did incredible chorus work on everlasting song, storia, Taiyō no kōro, Kouya Ruten, among so many others.

Joelle, Yuriko, and Kaori doing the Kalafina songs with Keiko & Hikaru made those songs finally sound "complete" to me. Storia and To The Beginning never sounded more beautiful! (Btw, am I the only one who doesn't understand the appeal of Magia? I really try to like it, but I find the main melody bland)

Of all the singers though, Eri Itou blew my mind the most. Her elastic voice has reached diamond level quality and strength. I love how she makes it look so effortless too. What a brilliant talent. It was fun finally hearing Yuri Kasahara do Liminality live, although her voice overpowered the other girls' harmony, which is what makes Liminality such a gorgeous song, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Definitely bummed that several of REMI's and Hanae's songs got cut, but we've heard those before anyway, and they were making room to showcase the new singers' songs (more on that below). I very much enjoyed hearing Kokia for the first time in a recorded live that I'm aware of. She did beautifully reprising Rainbow Main Theme, and the addition of violins to that song was sublime!! Especially when the percussion picked up, wow! Asuka also delivered her usual strong performance as well.

As for most of the new vocalists, I fail to see what they bring to the table that the core 4 FictionJunction ladies can't deliver better. I'm left to assume that it's more of a profit-driven decision than an artistic one. I guess fresh young cute singers are money makers? Kind of depresses me, especially when the two singers who were billed as actual vocalists as opposed to guest vocalists (Lino Leia and Rito) seem to have the least amount of vocal maturity of the new singers. It reminds me how I felt about Wakana, Kaori and Keiko when I first heard Volume 4 back in the day and now that Kaori and Keiko have finally come into their vocal maturity (and Wakana was upgraded to Joelle lol) we have to listen to two+ newcomers get there over time all over again 😤

The new singers taking lead in the old Yuuka/See Saw songs was fun, but not particularly impressive. Lino Leia doing Cazador del Amor was OK. Her head voice is really strong, but her mid/lower registry seems weak and at times definitely struggled to carry it. At least her voice is similar to Yuuka's, although Yuuka was definitely stronger. I'm torn on Junna's performance of Silly-Go-Round. The first time I heard it, I thought she way oversang it. It's already too bubblegum to make it extra annoying but the second time I heard it, I thought it kind of worked. I'd never heard the Junna songs before, but I found them to be extra generic (except for the beautiful FJ chorus on Taiyō no kōro). Rito did OK on senya ichiya but didn't really shine. I thought she did well on Kouya Ruten, but could have easily been a nice Joelle or Kaori song too. I enjoyed getting to know some of the ASCA songs, as I've never heard them before and they are pretty (especially Hibari) but felt she was weaker on Nowhere

The Aimer songs are interesting... It's impressive that YK can compose songs in other artists' styles, but in this case the style is so different from the rest of the show, it felt like a jarring departure from the rest of the setlist. They're not bad, but not quite my taste.

That was hilarious at the end of Day 2 when the musicians were missing during the role call. "On fluto.....?" LOL. That was so sweet to see Yuki overwhelmed with emotion. It almost made me tear up. She seems as sweet and humble as her music composition suggests she is. That moment she was all alone on stage and bowed seemed very powerful to me.

Overall impression: Kaji Fest 2023 displays that YK is going in a different artistic direction than what made me a diehard fan 20+ years ago. It was a tale of two cities between smash hits sung by her amazing singers, but growing stale; and the newer songs by newer younger singers, most of which are ballads that don't quite have the YK magic sauce as the old ones. Even YK's older ballads are much richer and beautiful to me (inside your heart, love, a farewell song, where the lights are, etc). Even though I know some of the "new ones" are in fact self-covers that she did write during those eras like sekai no hate. At least the old material is still heavily in rotation (and continues to be as I see in the thread for vol 20) I am certainly grateful for that, but would prefer some new lifeblood being pumped into rotation like a Fiction 3. I guess until that happens I'll just keep waiting for slow drips from soundtracks here and there.

Can anyone explain to me Eri's yellow feather?
I think she was imitating a peacock/chicken. Don't know why? 🤣
I was surprised that I preferred Wakana's version of the "calling you in quiet lonely night" intro , because I usually always prefer Joelle
That's true. I've found myself getting back to appreciating Wakana's voice again and seeing the strength of her unique timbre/tone. She had her moments that were moving definitely where the technique connected. Her soaring voice on the albeit studio-edited playback of "Ring Your Bell (In the Silence)" for Kalafina's 10th anniversary is still what brought me into this musical world.
Yuriko Kaida was the lowkey star of the show, making all the other singers sound beautiful with her lush harmonies
Yuri-sama (as Wakana would say) always has that cool "boss" vibe. She knows her worth and level, and Kajiura does too. I would assume they look at songs Yuriko has led and consider how to utilize her voice.
Joelle is what FJ was missing for a long time
Thank you! She's like an extra gear for FJ and allows for composition of different types of songs that can take advantage of her vocal sensibilities. She's also helped to give new life to the earlier, Fiction songs.
Joelle + Yuriko is a powerhouse combo
Their resonance and the work they do in singing their 2-part counterpoint harmonies is stellar. It doesn't matter if Yuriko is low or Joelle is high, and they often match vibratos.
Joelle, Yuriko, and Kaori doing the Kalafina songs with Keiko & Hikaru made those songs finally sound "complete" to me
YES again! Vol 17's "Sprinter" is still the definitive for me as well.
Eri Itou blew my mind the most
She was excellent and expressive and how she sang "ring your song"? Wow. Her voice seemingly invites the FJ ladies harmonies and embraces them. That final chord!
although her voice overpowered the other girls' harmony
Yeah Kasahara Powerrrrr!
I very much enjoyed hearing Kokia for the first time in a recorded live that I'm aware of
She's such a unique singer/performer.
seem to have the least amount of vocal maturity of the new singers
Yeah... I really have a feeling that Kajiura is expanding the vocalists partly to be able to have options for if/when any of the main ladies become unavailable or consider retiring, and to prepare the audience for hearing her songs performed by other voices. The younger ones are easier to involve and train up in her style. It's a win-win for them. People get more used to hearing different arrangements, hearing different singers take the lead of popular hits. She also needed some voice types back in her toolbox even if they're still more unrefined as singers (rito, LINO LEIA).

I'm hoping she gets to bring ReoNa in as well. She's a quite charismatic solo performer.
but her mid/lower registry seems weak
It sure is. The middle part is surprising to me because that's where the speaking voice is... My issue with her is that she sings mainly through the nose.
except for the beautiful FJ chorus on Taiyō no kōro
That chorus was sublime and needed the full vocals.

Kajiura writes songs with all these guest artist songs with the possibility of the FJ covers in the future, is my feeling. And the cover versions with all the ladies' harmony parts are always superior to the solo artists, in my opinion, regardless of how good the artist is.

https://www.lisani.jp/0000259821/

INTERVIEW

デビュー30周年を記念して日本武道館で開催された“Kaji Fes.2023”のライブ映像作品がリリース!これまでの活動を総括した豪華な二日間を、梶浦由記が振り返る。​

デビュー30周年を記念して日本武道館で開催された“Kaji Fes.2023”のライブ映像作品がリリース!これまでの活動を総括した豪華な二日間を、梶浦由記が振り返る。
梶浦由記という作曲家の、音楽を愛し、音楽を愛する人に愛されてきた足跡。昨年12月に開催された『Kaji Fes. 2023』はそのように称されるだろう。その二日間を収めたLive Blu-rayが5月29日に発売された(特典グッズ付き完全生産限定盤は追加受注受付中)。AimerやKOKIAといったゲストアーティストを多数迎え、デビュー30周年記念にふさわしい2夜について、あらためて梶浦由記に振り返ってもらうこととする。彼女にとってどのような時間であったのだろうか。
INTERVIEW & TEXT BY 清水耕司
2406221200-yh-005.jpg

展覧会のようなDAY1、加速していく流れが素晴らしかったDAY2​

――『Kaji Fes. 2023』(以下、Kaji Fes.)についてぜひ振り返ってみての想いをお聞きしたいと思うのですが、まずはセットリストの選曲についてからお伺いできますか?

梶浦由記
 Kaji Fes.のコンセプトは、みんなが聴きたいであろう曲を上から順にやる、というところで私もプロデューサーの森(康哲)さんも共通してはいます。なので、セットリストはそれほど悩みませんでした。勿論、上から順に、というのはこちらの主観ですけど。これがいつものYuki Kajiura LIVE(以下、YK LIVE)なら、お客さんを驚かせたい意外な選曲、とか、こちらが演奏したい曲を優先して選ぶ、などという部分もありますけど。

――現在開催中の『Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#20』でも、劇伴を手がけているTBS系日曜劇場『アンチヒーロー』の曲「Main Theme」を披露されています。

梶浦
 やはり私の本業はあくまでも曲を作ることなので。ライブとライブの間に作った新曲を披露する、ということだけは必ず続けたいと思っているんです。たとえ一曲でも。応援して下さる皆様への、こんな曲をまた作りましたよ、という報告と言うか。それが一番のファンサービスだとも思っているんです。難しいのは、サウンドトラックとなると全ての曲がライブ向きとは限りませんから。演奏できる曲には限りがあるといったところでしょうか。

――劇伴作家である以上、なかなかライブで新曲発表ということが難しいですね。

梶浦
 でもKaji Fes.の選曲には意外性は必要なく、なるべくみんなが聴きたい曲を全部やるというものなので。これまでのYK LIVEの蓄積で人気曲というのはある程度ありますし、ゲストさんが来て下さるならそこで曲も決まります。いつも通り森さんに選曲していただき、私が「これだけはやりたい」という曲を足していく、という流れでした。だから、いつものライブよりも早く決まったかもしれないです。むしろ、上がった曲からどれを削るのか、がセットリスト会議の一番大変だったところでした。

――梶浦さんがぜひ入れたいと推した曲というのは?

梶浦
 なんだったかな? 色々あったんですが忘れてしまいました(笑)。ただ、ゲストさんが多くいらっしゃった分、非日本語の曲が減ってしまったことは心残りでした。YK LIVEは元々、日本語封印ライブから始まっているので、私としては非日本語曲をあと1時間分くらいは増やしたかったんですけど(笑)、削りに削っても、もう二日で7時間分ほどのセットリストになっていたので、それは無理な話でした。選曲会議は楽しかったですが、「これもできないのか」「あれもできないのか」と悲嘆に暮れてもいました。

――現在ツアー中で日本語封印ライブである『Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#20』にはその想いが……。

梶浦
 結構入っています(笑)。

――Kaji Fes.は、全体を通してのリハーサル時間が取れなかったとお聞きしました。

梶浦
 そうなんですよね。(11/4~18に開催された『Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#18』の)アジアツアーからKaji Fes.まで3週間もなかったので。『Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#18』ツアーそのものは、ファンクラブ限定のイベントでアルバム『PARADE』をかなり歌い込んでからの流れでしたから、感覚はすごく良かったんです。リハからの仕上がりが早かったですし、楽しんでやる余裕もあり、アジアまで行っていつもよりメンバーと長く一緒にいられたのもあり、ツアーの終わりには「次はKaji Fes.だ。頑張ろうね」みたいに和気藹々としていたんです。ところが、Kaji Fes.のリハが始まったら思ったよりも大変なことに気付き始めて。もっと早く気づけって感じなんですけれど(笑)。曲をやってもやってもリハが終わらない。基本的にKaji Fes.はYK LIVEのベスト版なので、あのときは初披露曲は2曲(「櫂」「夕闇のうた」)だけだったんです。それでも、残りの曲をぱっとさらうだけでも時間がギリギリでした。問題は並びですよね。さすがに二日間で7時間分ある曲の並びを全て頭に叩き込む余裕はなく、「次の曲はなんだっけ」状態を残して手元のセットリストをちら見しながら本番に挑まざるを得なかった。そんな色々で、相当錯綜していて、緊張感のある始まりではありましたね。

2406221200-yh-002.jpg

――ライブの流れとしては、梶浦由記の足跡をたどるような年代順を感じさせました。

梶浦
 そうですね、「NOIR」から始めて「PARADE」で終わる、というのは決めていました。でも、それ以外は森さんすごく頭をひねってくださった部分ですね。特にDAY2の流れは、ライブ感があって演奏していてもとても楽しかった。体感的にはライブ2本分の気の抜けない4時間でしたけれど、普段だったらここでライブが終わるかな、というタイミングでFictionJunction YUUKAのメドレーを放り込んで来たり。みんなが疲れてきたかな、というところで加速を始める、演奏側も無理やりアゲられるあの感じ(笑)。あれはすごく良かったですね。二日間を並べたとき、DAY1はお披露目コンサート的に、展覧会のように一つひとつ作品を並べていく感覚でとても落ち着いて楽しく演奏出来たんです。DAY2の方は、二日目でこちらも一日目の疲れが残っていた筈なんですけれど。頭からテンション高めで、気づいたらセットリストの加速に巻き込まれてこちらも振り落とされないように必死で(笑)。疲れたと感じる間もなく4時間が終わってしまった。ライブらしいライブでしたね。

森 やっぱり緩急は必要なので。3時間、4時間を飽きさせないというところもありますし、次の曲が始まったときにやっぱりワクワクしないといけないので。そこがすごく難しいんですけど。なので、作品ごと、年代ごと、というところは意識しながらも曲の繋がりや流れを優先しました。

梶浦 DAY1では、ご縁深く歌っていただいた曲も多いAimerさんはゲストさんコーナーではありますが時間を長くいただいたり、そうすると自然ゲストさん世界の色も濃いライブになりますしね。それもあってDAY1は少し落ち着いた雰囲気になっていましたね。

――Blu-rayには収録されませんが、Sound Horizon / Linked HorizonのRevoさんと共作した「砂塵の彼方へ…」も本編ラストという大きな枠を用意していました。

梶浦
 そこはちゃんと時間を取らないと! RevoさんにはMCにもご参加いただく予定でしたので、そこは覚悟が必要でした(笑)。

――そこは意識しておかないといけない部分ですか?(笑)。

梶浦
 勿論です! Revoさんに「MCは短めで」なんて失礼なことを言うくらいならお呼びしないです。でも逆にとても私たちに気を遣って下さって。どこまで行って下さるのか期待と不安が半分半分だったんですけど(笑)、締めにふさわしい暖かいMCをいただきました。収録出来なかったのは残念ですけれど。

――落ち着いたDAY1を踏まえて、DAY2は前日終盤の「My Story」からのつなぎを感じさせるインストゥルメンタル曲を経て、序盤から『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』曲で盛り上げました。

梶浦
 DAY2冒頭の、インストから「Magia」に進み、Kalafina曲に入るセクションは演奏していても否応なしに気持ちが上がってしまう流れなんですよ。リハーサルの時、時間が足りずDAY2の全曲通しはできず、ブロックごとの通しだけだったんです。そのときから「頭からこんなに上がって4時間大丈夫かな」とは思っていました。かといって抑える訳にもいかず、出ずっぱりのバンドさんや弦の皆様には本当に大変な思いをさせた、特にDAY2だったと思います。皆さん流石で、何の問題もなく全編見事な演奏をして下さいましたけれど!

――DAY1、DAY2と共通して、ライブスタートはアコーディオンの佐藤芳明さんが一人で担いました。アンフィシアターでのYuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#15を思い起こさせる演出は印象深かったですが、どのような意図が込められていたのでしょうか?

梶浦
 大きな会場ですと客席がすごく遠いので、客席から登場してもらうことで自分の部屋で奏でられてかのように、音を一瞬身近に感じてもらうことはすごく効果的だと思っています。vol.#15のときの佐藤さんもとっても素敵でしたし、本当は今回も客席から登場してほしかったんですよね。でも残念ながら武道館では禁止されているので。あと、佐藤さんはアコーディオンが素晴らしいのも勿論ですが、ああいった俳優さんのような……場を作る立ち回りもとってもお上手ですよね。衣装の選び方ひとつにしても。

――道化師的立ち回りが見事でした。

梶浦
 とても心得ていらっしゃいますし、すごくかっこいいですよね。SNSを拝見していても、「え! 今日も!?」と思うくらいライブの数をこなされている方なので、ライブ会場でのお客様との付き合いに関しても大先輩です。だから、そういう方に個としてのパフォーマンスを最初にみせていただくと、ステージと客席を近づけていただけますし、何よりも、私がMCで「楽器も主役のライブなんです」と話すよりも先にあの登場シーンがあったことで、その説明の説得力がぐっと増したと思うんです。そういった意味でもすごく大きな役割を果たしてくださったと思っています。

――YK LIVEが見せる、数少ない演出であり、外連味だった気がします。

梶浦
 そうなんですよね。YK LIVEって3時間やろうが4時間やろうが映像も含め「演出」と呼ばれるものはほぼやらない、ある意味不親切なライブでもあるので。今回は会場が広いということでスクリーンに(カメラで寄った)サービス映像は映しましたけど、それが私たちにとってもとても新鮮でした。ただ基本的にはBGMが中心のライブではあるので、何らかのストーリー性を感じてもらえた方が楽しんでいただけるとは思っています。いつもはその役割を、音に合わせとても美しく作っていただいている照明が果たしてくれていると思っているんですが、今回はイントロにちょっとした演出を設ければより物語性を感じていただきやすくなるかな、ということもありました。Kaji Fes.に驚きは必要ないと思ってはいますけど、まあ冒頭くらいは少しだけいつもと違うことを、と。

――特別感ですね。

梶浦
 通常のツアーはいつもそのツアーに合わせて作る、まあ大抵これでライブが始まるの!? という不穏な音ですけれど……overtureが流れて始まるんですよ。でも、「いつものあの感じ」ではなく佐藤さんの登場とアコーディオンの生の音から始まったことで、特別感を感じてはいただけたんじゃないかと思います。佐藤さんが一人で登場し、次は弦と(YURIKO )KAIDAさんだけが加わって一曲。それからやっと「いつものあの感じ」でみんなが登場しますから。思わせぶりなイントロダクションで少しドキドキしていただいて、そのあとのovertureで「ついに始まった!」と思っていただけたらと。

――また、Kaji Fes.が見ていて面白かったのは、バックスタンド席としてステージの背面側にも客席が用意されていたところです。ステージとの距離が非常に近く見えて。あの雰囲気は梶浦さんも当日までわからないところだったかと思いますが?

梶浦
 そうですね。バックステージにもお客様がいることは無論知っていましたし、だいたいこんな距離感、と図面では見せて貰ってもいましたが、まさかあそこまで近いとは(笑)。今回のBlu-rayにも、バックステージの特に前列の方々は個人が特定できるレベルで映っていますから、「大丈夫かな」という気持ちはちょっとあります(笑)。

――でも素敵な記念になると思います。

梶浦
 そう思っていただけたなら嬉しいです。

――演者としては演奏しながらいつもと違う感覚はありましたか?

梶浦
 でも、私や楽器隊は動けませんから。どんなに近くてもたまに手を振るくらいしか出来なかったんですが、歌い手さんたちは難しいんじゃないかと思っていました。前ばかり向いていても良くないけれども、みんなが一緒にうしろへ行っても変なので。どうパフォーマンスを振り分けるか、そこは任せるしかありませんでした。でも、ゲストさんも含めて、歌い手さんたちは私なんかよりも大きな会場に慣れている方ばかりなので、そこはさすがでしたね。

デビュー30周年を記念して日本武道館で開催された“Kaji Fes.2023”のライブ映像作品がリリース!これまでの活動を総括した豪華な二日間を、梶浦由記が振り返る。

音楽をやっていて良かったと思える二日間​

――二日間のステージの中で印象深かった瞬間というと?
梶浦
 覚えている瞬間はたくさんありますけど、一番印象的だったのはDAY2の最後ですね。
――「Parade」の演奏後ですか?
梶浦
 はい。いつも、私が出演者のラインナップを言ったあと、KEIKOちゃんとKAORIちゃんが「そして! 梶浦由記ー!」と言ってくれるんですけど、DAY2のそのタイミングで、自分の記憶の中では頭上からキラキラしたものが降っているような映像が残っているんですよ。でも、実際にはそんなものは降らせていないんですよね。YK LIVEはそういうところに予算を使うくらいなら一人でもミュージシャンを増やす、がコンセプトなので、歌姫の着替えさえなく(笑)。でも、あの瞬間、金や銀の粉が舞っていたような不思議な感覚があるんです。あの二日間は、500人の会場から始まったライブがまさかの武道館までたどり着けた日でもありましたし、ずっとYK LIVEを見てくださった方、梶浦由記の音楽を聴いてくださった方にとって、それが実現できたのは自分たちの力でもある、と思ってくれた夜でもあったはずです。間違いなく今までで一番大きな箱ですし、あくまで私はBGM作曲家であって、万人受けするような曲を作っていないことはみんなが分かっているので。実際、ステージに出たときから歓声も拍手もすごく長くて、温かくて、想いの熱さを感じる、そんな二日間でした。決してネガティブな意味ではなく、ここが人生で最も華やかな瞬間なんじゃないかな、と明確に思えたんですよね。きっとこれからも音楽の喜びみたいなものはいくらでも手に入れられる確信はありますけど、きっと次に目指すのは華やか、という所ではないだろうと。何と言うのでしょう……そもそも私はこういう華やかさを、きっと自分では目指しては来なかった。自分が辿り着こうと思ってたどり着いた場所ではなかったんです。だからあそこは、間違いなく、スタッフや協力してくれたミュージシャンのみんな、そして何より今まで応援してくれた、あの場で暖かい声援を送ってくださった一人一人の方に、三十周年のサプライズのように思いもかけずプレゼントして貰った、自分では絶対に辿り着けなかった、華やかな場所だったんです。
音楽を30年続けてきた素直な思いをぶつけた「Parade」という曲を、出会えて本当に幸せだと思える、素晴らしい歌い手さん4人と一緒にレコーディング出来た。だからKaji Fes.の最後はバンドと、4人と、あの曲を演奏しようと決めていました。そんな曲が終わり、今までで一番多くの方に温かい拍手を送ってもらえる、そんな瞬間を30年の末の12月に味わえるなんて、こんな幸せな人生はなかなかないと本当に思っていました。あのキラキラは、そういったいろいろな思いの全ての現れだったのかな、と思ってはいます。私はあまり昔を振り返る方じゃないんですが、ただ、「この瞬間はちゃんと覚えておかないといけない」とすごく感じていました。すごく忘れっぽいので(笑)。今も思い返すだけで幸せになれますね。今までやってきた音楽がちゃんと届いていたよ、という証でもあるのかなと思っています。誇らしい、宝石のような瞬間でしたね。
2406221200-yh-003.jpg

――「Parade」を演奏する前にも、歌姫4人に対する絶賛の言葉を述べられていました。Kaji Fes.まででもYK LIVEだけで15年、#19に至る年月を共にされてきました。その中で歌姫4人は何が1番変わったという感覚がありますか?
梶浦
 年を取ったんじゃないでしょうか(笑)。
――(笑)。
梶浦
 本当に(笑)。年齢を経るってすごいことなんですよ。当たり前ですけど経験と時間をかけなければ積み上げられないものってあって、若くなければできないこともあれば、経験を積まねばできないこともある。私は後者の方が圧倒的に多いと思っているんです。特に彼女たちくらいの年齢ならば。歳をとったら必ず何かを得られるわけではないけれど、彼女たちは努力を怠らず積み上げてゆく人たちなので、心から尊敬しています。
私、こと彼女たちに関しては歌はかなりおまかせなんですよ……。レコーディングでは作品との兼ね合いで、どう歌ってほしいか伝えることもありますけど、でもそれも、ライブで歌っているうちに結構変わっていくんですよね。正直、「え? こうなっちゃう? 」と思ったことも過去にはありますけれど、それは歌って変わってくるものなので。今そう歌いたい理由がその人にはあるはずですしね。え、結構言われていますが……と彼女たちに言われてしまったらどうしよう(笑)。ただ、長年色々考えながら聴いてきたんですけれど、最近の彼女たちは歌がすごく素直になってきたというか、歌に対して欲はあってもその在り方が変わってきた感覚はありました。私、ポール・マッカートニーの歌がとても好きなんですけれど、あの人は作曲家だからかもしれませんけど、歌をみせびらかすような真似はしないけれどメロディーが求めるままに素直に、綺麗に歌うんですよ。誤解されたくないんですが、フェイクやビブラートや歌い崩しが嫌でそのまま歌え! と言いたい訳ではなく、何と言うんでしょう、最近の彼女たちは歌が求めているものを探り出すことがとても上手いというか、自分の歌に自信があるから見せびらかす必要もなく、自分の見せ場もちゃんと心得た上で、歌い手である自分の「歌」を聞かせることに本当に卓越した歌い手さんであるなあ、とほれぼれするんです。Yuki Kajiura Liveにかかせないハーモニーの部分でも、楽屋で何気なくハモっているのを聴いても笑ってしまうほど完成度が高い。その歌の完成度に自分たちでも自信を持っているから、また歌が輝くんでしょうね。
これからも彼女たちの歌は変わっていくんでしょうね。むしろ変わって行かない方を選ぶのかもしれないし、それはどちらでもいいんです。単純に私は、あの人たちが今やろうとしていることとこれからやろうとして行くことを、聴きながら楽しませてもらうつもりです。
――それは、あの4人の歌姫とは離れないだろうという確信を持っている、ということですか?
梶浦
 それはどうですかね。私はこの先もずっと一緒に音楽をやらせてほしいと思っていますが、それは私だけが選ぶことじゃない。彼女たちにも、それぞれの歌も、人生もありますから、いつまで付き合って貰えるかは分かりません。私だって彼女たちに選んでもらわないといけませんから。今年のツアーで最後になるということだってあるかもしれない。だからこそレコーディングの一回一回を、ツアーの一本一本を、大切にしていこうと思っています。
2406221200-yh-006.jpg

――これからも作曲活動が続く以上、新曲が増え、新たな歌い手も増えていくかもしれません。今後のYK LIVEについてはどのようにしたいという想いがありますか?
梶浦
 一番は続けることですね、やはり。ライブが難しい時期もありましたから。
――コロナ禍で。
梶浦
 少し前までは、あまりに忙しいなら1、2年休んでもいいかという気持ちもありました、でも逆に1、2年休まなければいけない状況に陥ると、そうなった時、またもう一度始める、ということの困難さに改めて気づいた。あの時期、みんながそうだったでしょうけれど、当たり前だと思っていたけれど当たり前ではなかったことのありがたさに沢山気づいた。3回くらい頭をぶん殴られた感じでした。YK LIVEはまだやりきった感じは全然ないし、続けたいのであれば、多少無理をしてでも続けなければいけないんだと強く思いました。
――YK LIVEでやってみたいことはありますか?
梶浦
 いくつもありますよ。ただ、今スタッフも含めてとてもいいメンバーにたどり着けた実感はありますから。この体制をいつまで続けられるかわからないので、今のメンバーでできる間はこのままで、とも思っているんです。それぞれに仕事があり、来年には違うことをやりたいと思われる可能性だってありますよね。私だってずっと元気でいられるとも限らないし(笑)。だから、このままで、と思う反面、大人数のクワイア編成とか弦中心とか、そういう一発ライブをいつかやってみたいなとも思っています。弦中心になったとしてもバンドを外すという選択肢はないですけどね。ストリングス+バンドコンサート+クワイアとか。作品別ではなく、全作品からクライマックスのコーラス曲ばかりを選んで、誰かが殺される曲ばかり2時間演奏するとか(笑)。そういったイレギュラーなライブでやりたいことはたくさんあります。でも、その根底にいつも今のメンバーの「レギュラーコンサート」を置いておきたいという欲は一番強いですけれど。
2406221200-yh-004.jpg

――あらためて、梶浦さんにとって『Kaji Fes. 2023』について感じるところを教えてください。
梶浦
 音楽をやっていて良かった、に尽きますね。自分が今やっていることは、まだまだすべて道半ばだとは思っているんですけど、その中でKaji Fes.は確かに一つのゴールだったとは感じています。やっぱり武道館でやるなんてこれが最初で最後だと思いますし。だからこそ、次はもっと楽しいところに行こう、とは思っていますけど。
――武道館に立たれたアーティストで、最初で最後かもしれない、と仰る方はいますね。
梶浦
 私の世代は特に、だと思いますけど、やはりみんなが目指した場所ではあるんですよね。その意味でもゴールのような場所ですし、あとは何よりも、周りの方に喜んでいただけるという所も正直大きかった。今や、もっとキャパの大きな会場も幾らでもありますけど、武道館が決まったと話すとみんなが格別に喜んでくれる所があるので、そういった意味でも「お祭り」にはとても相応しい場所でした。でもまさか、そう言っていて約2ヶ月後にまた立つことになるとは思ってませんでしたけど(笑)。
――年が明けてから『リスアニ!LIVE 2024』で、しかもLiSAさんをボーカルに迎えて。
梶浦
 あれはもう本当にスペシャルな体験でしたね。LiSAさんと同じステージに立ち、最初に作らせていただいた曲(FictionJunction feat. LiSA名義の「from the edge」)を一緒に演奏できたことは、ただ心から、嬉しかったです。時間があっという間に過ぎてしまい、体感30秒くらいで終わってしまいました。
――その意味では、また武道館での宴が実現するかもしれません。
梶浦
 人生何が起きるかわかりませんしね!
――その日が来るまでの間、今回のLive Blu-rayを楽しんで待ってもらう、というところですね。
梶浦
 私にとっては本当に幸せだった二日間なので。何度でも、ご覧いただけたら嬉しいです。
――きっと皆さんにとっても幸せだった二日間だったと思います。
梶浦
 そう思いたいですね。

●リリース情報
梶浦由記 / FictionJunction
LIVE Blu-ray
「30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 ~Kaji Fes.2023~」
発売中

購入はコチラ
https://kajiurayuki.lnk.to/KajiFes.2023
出演
梶浦由記 / FictionJunction
<ボーカル>
KAORI、KEIKO、YURIKO KAIDA、Joelle、rito、LINO LEIA
<ミュージシャン>
是永巧一(Guitar)、佐藤強一(Drums)、高橋”Jr.”知治(Bass)、中島オバヲ(Percussion)、赤木りえ(Flute)、佐藤芳明(Accordion)、中原直生(Uilleann Pipes)、
今野Strings:今野均(Violin)、藤堂昌彦(Violin)、小林知弘(Viola)、奥泉貴圭(Cello)
大平佳男(Manipulator)
<Day1:ゲストアーティスト>
Aimer、笠原由里、Remi
※Revo(Sound Horizon/Linked Horizon)は映像収録されません
<Day2:ゲストアーティスト>
ASCA、伊東えり、KOKIA、JUNNA、戸丸華江、Hikaru、結城アイラ(ASUKA)
「30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 ~Kaji Fes.2023~」
【完全生産限定BOX盤】
2406221200-yh-007-212x300.jpg

価格:¥20,000+税
Blu-ray×2枚 [Day1&Day2]/ラミパスレプリカ/Tシャツ[限定カラー]/48pライブフォト+インタビューブック
予約はコチラ
「30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 ~Kaji Fes.2023~」Day 1
【通常盤】
2406221200-yh-008-300x212.jpg

価格:¥8,000+税
Blu-ray×1枚
「30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 ~Kaji Fes.2023~」Day 2
【通常盤】
2406221200-yh-009-300x212.jpg

価格:¥8,000+税
Blu-ray×1枚
購入はコチラ
「30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 ~Kaji Fes.2023~」[Day 1]
<収録曲>

fake garden (TVアニメ「NOIR」)
canta per me (TVアニメ「NOIR」)
the world (TVアニメ「.hack//SIGN」)
liminality (OVA「.hack//Liminality」)
in the land of twilight, under the moon (TVアニメ「.hack//SIGN」)
swordland (TVアニメ「ソードアート・オンライン」)
she has to overcome her fear (TVアニメ「ソードアート・オンラインⅡ」)
luminous sword (TVアニメ「ソードアート・オンライン」)
星屑 (FictionJunction アルバム『Everlasting Songs』)
花守の丘 (OVA 「真救世主伝説 北斗の拳ZERO トキ伝」 主題歌)
we’re gonna groove (TVアニメ「MADLAX」)
Obsession (TVアニメ「.hack//SIGN」 OPテーマ)
千夜一夜 (OVA『.hack//Liminality Vol.2』OPテーマ)
Point Zero (TVアニメ「Fate/Zero」)
salva nos (TVアニメ「NOIR」)
花の唄 (劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel]」Ⅰ.presage flower 主題歌)
I beg you (劇場版「Fate/stay night [Heaven’s Feel]」Ⅱ.lostbutterfly 主題歌)
櫂 (FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』)
朝が来る (TVアニメ”「鬼滅の刃」遊郭編” EDテーマ)
My Story (NHK連続テレビ小説「花子とアン」)
Parallel Hearts (TVアニメ「Pandora Hearts」OPテーマ)
stone cold (TVアニメ「セイクリッドセブン」OPテーマ)
the image theme of Xenosaga II (ゼノサーガ エピソードII [善悪の彼岸])
蒼穹のファンファーレ (アニメ「ソードアート・オンライン」10周年記念テーマソング)
「30th Anniversary Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#19 ~Kaji Fes.2023~」[Day 2]
<収録曲>

street corner (TVアニメ「MADLAX」)
希望の光 (NHK連続テレビ小説「花子とアン」)
prelude to Act 1 (TVアニメ「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」)
Numquam vincar (TVアニメ「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」)
Magia [quattro] (劇場版「 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」 [前編] 始まりの物語」EDテーマ)
storia (NHK「歴史秘話ヒストリア」OPテーマ)
君の銀の庭 (劇場版「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」[新編]叛逆の物語」主題歌)
to the beginning (TVアニメ「Fate/Zero」 2ndシーズン OPテーマ)
海と真珠 (TVアニメ「海賊王女」OPテーマ)
太陽の航路 (TVアニメ「海賊王女」最終話EDテーマ)
time to sail! (TVアニメ「海賊王女」)
The main theme of “L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties” (映画「L.O.R.D: Legend of Ravaging Dynasties ~爵跡 無道王朝伝説 爵跡」)
I talk to the rain (TVアニメ「ツバサ・クロニクル」)
a song of storm and fire (TVアニメ「ツバサ・クロニクル」)
ring your song (TVアニメ「ツバサ・クロニクル」)
ことのほかやわらかい(FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』)
夜光塗料 (FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』)
雲雀 (TVアニメ「ロード・エルメロイⅡ世の事件簿 -魔眼列車 Grace note-」 EDテーマ)
君が見た夢の物語 (TVアニメ「ロード・エルメロイⅡ世の事件簿 -魔眼列車 Grace note-」特別編 主題歌)
everlasting song (TVアニメ「エレメンタル ジェレイド」挿入歌)
世界の果て (FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』)
優しい夜明け (TVアニメ「.hack//SIGN」 EDテーマ)
君がいた物語 (ゲーム「.hack//Liminality vol.3」OPテーマ)
Rainbow~Main Theme~(映画「RAINBOW」テーマ曲)
風よ、吹け (映画「風よ あらしよ 劇場版」EDテーマ)
lotus (アルバム『FICTION II』)
inverse operation (TVアニメ「ヴァニタスの手記」)
目覚め (TVアニメ「舞-HiME」)
夕闇のうた (TVアニメ「戦国妖狐 世直し姉弟編」EDテーマ)
荒野流転 (アニメ「幕末機関説 いろはにほへと」OPテーマ)
Silly-Go-Round (TVアニメ「.hack//Roots」OPテーマ)
cazador del amor (TVアニメ「エル・カザド」挿入歌)
nowhere (TVアニメ「MADLAX」挿入歌)
zodiacal sign (TVアニメ「アクエリアンエイジ Sign for Evolution」)
into the world (NHK「歴史秘話ヒストリア」EDテーマ)
red rose (アルバム『FICTION』)
Parade (FictionJunction アルバム『PARADE』)
●ライブ情報
Yuki Kajiura LIVE vol.#20~日本語封印20th special~

2024年6月 2日(日)昭和女子大学 人見記念講堂
Open:16:45 Start:17:30
2024年6月 9日(日)神奈川県民ホール
Open:16:45 Start:17:30
2024年6月23日(日)LINE CUBE SHIBUYA
Open:16:15 Start:17:00
2024年6月29日(土)NHK大阪ホール
Open:17:15 Start:18:00
2024年6月30日(日)NHK大阪ホール
Open:15:15 Start:16:00
2024年7月 6日(土)名古屋・Niterra特殊陶業市民会館ビレッジホール
2024年8月3日(土)大宮ソニックシティ 大ホール
【出演】
梶浦由記(Piano/Chorus)
Vocal:KAORI・KEIKO・YURIKO KAIDA・Joelle・rito・LINO LEIA
Guest Vocal:伊東えり
MUSICAN:FRONT BAND MENMERS
是永巧一 (Guitar)、佐藤強一 (Drums)、高橋“Jr.”知治 (Bass)、今野 均 (Violin)
赤木りえ(Flute)、中島オバヲ (Percussion)、大平佳男 (Manipulator))
●書籍情報
『6,000曲の“パレード” 作曲家・梶浦由記 異才の流儀』

著者:君塚匠+NHK取材班
出版社:NHK出版
発売日:2024年7月25日
定価:2,090円(税込)
判型:四六判並製
ページ数:224ページ
Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4140819707
NHK出版ECサイト:
https://www.nhk-book.co.jp/detail/000000819702024.html

関連リンク​

梶浦由記オフィシャルサイト
https://fictionjunction.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
So they indeed chose to cut the budget for other things (like the Utahimes not getting any new dresses for this live) in favor of getting more musicians/collaborators. Ngl I still think it's a pretty lame reasoning because they could've just surged up the price (like even 200¥ could get them the budget for new dresses considering it's Budokan capacity and people who were going to the concert would still go to it anyway even if the price increased a little bit). I loathe the live vol.18 dresses and them wearing it again on Day 2 really dampens the excitement and enjoyment because I kinda hated the visual experience with the dresses lol. But maybe that's just me.

I personally think costuming and staging are really an afterthought in YKL, which of course is understandable because she wants the experience to be a sound experience first and foremost. But if they're going to do a video release anyway, they really shouldn't be just an afterthought that got sacrificed in favor of other thing that she thought matter more.

I'm glad the interviewer asked about the main 4 and how they've grown. Kajiura skillfully avoided mentioning specific singers and kept things vague and general - a bit awkward situation since not all of the singers have been with her for 15 years, and the question seems to remain something to avoid publicly.

I am excited to hear about Kajiura's idea for an orchestral/choral/band live. That would be a quite refreshing change and require even more elaborate orchestration - imagine some of the SAO music with horns! She can even look at rewriting some songs for traditional instruments (e.g. the Kimetsu no Yaiba tracks).

I am strongly guessing that bringing in the newer singers (rito, LINO LEIA) and keeping contact with both veteran and newer (Hinano) guest artists gives options for future lives. Kajiura can do guest-only mini-lives as a version of KajiFes in the future and just have background singers, or the combos of Joelle-Keiko, Joelle-Yuriko, Kaori-Joelle, etc. as she's done for some of them (this assumes she doesn't have all 4 main FJ singers at any point) .

Chiaki is within reach too! So there are options and variations that came be played with over time. Interesting times ahead!

The 4 core FJ girls' voices have never been stronger.
Not Kaori. Good god not Kaori. Her voice since vol. #17 has had a very raspy, throaty quality to it, which especially stands out when listening to her even a couple years ago when it still had her signature bright, clear sound.

(Btw, am I the only one who doesn't understand the appeal of Magia? I really try to like it, but I find the main melody bland)
Hikaru is the entire appeal of Magia. Her delivery, her grit, her intensity, all of that is what carries Magia from good to excellent. That, and Korenaga shredding it on the electric guitar.

I'm left to assume that it's more of a profit-driven decision than an artistic one. I guess fresh young cute singers are money makers?
Doubtful that's the case. Lino Leia and Rito's solo careers (not to belittle them or anything) haven't exactly taken off. I have absolutely no idea what Kajiura sees in Lino Leia, but Rito has a lot of potential. Her performance of Senya Ichiya has been raved on this board, and I have to agree, it was a standout performance on Day 1, and that's saying a lot when Yuri her majesty Kasahara was there.

Kind of depresses me, especially when the two singers who were billed as actual vocalists as opposed to guest vocalists (Lino Leia and Rito) seem to have the least amount of vocal maturity of the new singers. It reminds me how I felt about Wakana, Kaori and Keiko when I first heard Volume 4 back in the day and now that Kaori and Keiko have finally come into their vocal maturity (and Wakana was upgraded to Joelle lol) we have to listen to two+ newcomers get there over time all over again
Wakana's voice was the most developed in the vol. #4 live. That Mizu no Akashi performance is unmatched to this day. Kaori was probably just very excited at that time, because if you see her in Miezaru Ude (a Sound Horizon performance from 2007, when she was 18 I think), lord that was such a great performance. Kaori's voice was already mature at such a young age. Keiko only really started developing her technique in 2012, I think vol. #9 was a big milestone for her.

The Aimer songs are interesting... It's impressive that YK can compose songs in other artists' styles, but in this case the style is so different from the rest of the show, it felt like a jarring departure from the rest of the setlist. They're not bad, but not quite my taste.
If anything, I feel that Kajiura's Aimer songs are TOO Kajiura. I beg you is probably the least "Kajiura-esque" of them all, but Aimer has far better songs in her repertoire (Ophelia, Polaris, Kimi wo Matsu).

Overall impression: Kaji Fest 2023 displays that YK is going in a different artistic direction than what made me a diehard fan 20+ years ago. It was a tale of two cities between smash hits sung by her amazing singers, but growing stale; and the newer songs by newer younger singers, most of which are ballads that don't quite have the YK magic sauce as the old ones. Even YK's older ballads are much richer and beautiful to me (inside your heart, love, a farewell song, where the lights are, etc). Even though I know some of the "new ones" are in fact self-covers that she did write during those eras like sekai no hate. At least the old material is still heavily in rotation (and continues to be as I see in the thread for vol 20) I am certainly grateful for that, but would prefer some new lifeblood being pumped into rotation like a Fiction 3. I guess until that happens I'll just keep waiting for slow drips from soundtracks here and there.
Tbh I don't feel the same spark in Yuki's newer material as during her 2001-2011 era (everything released here was a certified banger). Vanitas was the closest I got to old Yuki, and that's likely due to it being the same author as Pandora Hearts. I just feel that the works she's composing for doesn't interest her the same way her best works got her invested. KnK is the shining example of this - 7 movies where she could just do whatever she wanted based on her interpretation of the novels, and it worked. The Heavens Feel trilogy has been supremely underwhelming in all aspects (not just for Yuki, ufotable dropped the ball on it and it was so terrible compared to the VN. The fight scenes sucked and it was all effects and little drawn animation).

She also doesn't have much to pull from her later stuff. There aren't as many vocal tracks as previous works, and the use of Kajiura-go in her songs are now much rarer. For this concert specifically though, about 70% of the setlist was recycled from vol. 18. I doubt there was enough time for the musicians to practice other songs with all the collab songs being performed.

Personally, I would have preferred less guest vocalists and better material performed. Why do we still not have any of the KnK osts on BD?????

You're completely right about Hikaru and her energy in "Magia". She's stated that this was the song that made her feel like a strong member of Kalafina when it became more successful than "Oblivious".

Both in the MV, and also in lives, the song flowed around her both vocally and visually. In spite of the fact that any one of the FJ singers can easily deliver the song vocally (and even out-sing Hikaru), I just don't think they have have Hikaru's complete package of delivery for the song (though Kaori's probably fully capable since it would allow her to go "beast-mode").
The strong tie-in with "Madoka Magika" and Hikaru's brooding interpretation make it all the more in need of that acting-singing "rock" style, in my opinion. Oh, and that bridge section with Keiko's lead and the harmony vocalization, yeah! I look forward to that every time.

Regarding rito and LINO LEIA's careers, I would say they are still finding their footing. Especially rito who started much more recently. I prefer her first release to the last one (though there were a couple of OK tracks). Her personal music is more guitar-heavy than LINO LEIA's so that's interesting.

Regarding your statement that "Wakana's voice was the most developed in the vol. #4 live", I would agree it was probably her best singing career-wide, across an entire live show. Singing solo with just the keyboard in the "Mizu no Akashi" (as you mentioned) really exposed and revealed her quality at that time. I think that is really the kind of music her voice was built for, and it's where she shines the most (including in her solo career). She's not competing with instruments or other vocalists or needing to belt, etc., as much of Kajiura's songs required.

"Miezaru Ude"! I keep going back to that again and again. Kaori was more developed as a singer/performer than most girls her age and even many older (including I daresay probably everyone in the main FJ lineup at that same age). She was singing and performing with full charisma and paired with REMI, Haruka Shimotsuki, RIKKI, MIKI, and so on. Even the Kalafina ladies were not that strong that early on. I strongly suspect Keiko took some inspiration from her for the freedom on stage. (she seemed to sort of look up her in that respect in my opinion).

She's FictionJunction's "Hikaru" (energizer bunny) and versatile in terms of genre, giving Kajiura more flexibility in songwriting for ;(no wonder she snapped her up from Revo)!
I sincerely feel that Revo's rock-driven music is actually more suitable for Kaori than Kajiura's orchestral/pop-driven music. Not that she can't sing both, but I really still feel Revo's writing allowed her strengths to shine more in a live setting. Kaori should be fronting a rock/funk group.

Her solo success has not matched her early potential, in my opinion.

Giving some thoughts:

Canta Per Me: Yuriko. I'm in love with everything she did here. No drums here so her voices and the accordion and the violins carried all the music. We can all see her pure excitement and pride throughout the song. A nice honour towards Yuriko by Yuki Kajiura by setting her as the primary singer in her 30th year anniversary concert :).

She has to overcome her fear:
They added some extra seconds with the drum in the prelude and then the beat. This version sounds very nice and superior compared to the SAO live version. Remi's voice was much rounder and fuller, Joelle really boosted the unison power during some only FictionJunction segment. All of them looked hyped and rejoiced. Remi danced and cheered the audiences on the backside.

Everlasting Song: I did have a scintilla of hope that the Bluray would fix that whatever issue with Asuka's voice instead of supplanting it with the anime track voice, but well.. they did not.

I talk to the rain:
The atmosphere changed instantly the moment the guitar and the theme came in, the cello and violin really brought that Vol 15 feeling, Eri slowly walked out (what a scene). Her voice aged with the song very well, there is a slight part where her voice floated and blended with the violin (ethereal moment, eargasm). The first "aaaaa" was not punctuated, unlike Vol 15 ;). The instrument part sounded extremely nice, Konno seemed to be very exciting. Eri's body gestures showed her love with the song.

As I said before in a comment, I talk to the rain might have drained a significant energy and hereby rendered a few hesitation in A song of storm and fire.

Lotus:
A
nother beautiful rendition of the song, the lightings and percussions have constructed a uniquely haunted ambience, though they sped up the overture part, it still sounded very light and delicate. Tomaru Hanae's voice.... ugh.... spicy and purely penetrative.

Back