Yuki Kajiura announced for Anime Expo Friday 6 July 2018

@Kowz,
to your question, because Yukis ways are sometimes really mysterious, Lol.
I want to ask where I can find a version of the concert, to see at least some parts with a somewhat good recording. Thanks in regards

^ it wasnt video recorded afaik. But maybe you can find better audio from someone who had the phone out of pocket ( i still dont know one myself)

They announced before the concert that it was being video recorded so everyone should look excited. But I don’t know that these AX concerts were ever released in previous years, except for some digest excerpts. That would be great if they released this one.

I think they've released DVDs before, but I'm not completely sure. Anything is fine really, since we already have the audio hue.

I saw no mention of FictionJunction at the LA concert or in any of its promo materials. But maybe that’s because they thought the Yuki Kajiura name would be more recognizable to all these oni gaijin. But it should probably be consistent with how we’re labeling the whole 25th anniversary tour.

If you want my opinion - this lineup is obviously not "FJ", unless stated otherwise somewhere by Kajiura.
Ask someone with the pamphlet if FictionJunction is mentioned in the staff...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had trouble figuring out who was who becaue Joelle and Kaori yell at the same frequency. I would say that the performances were not so bad considering what we often get in overseas events, with many good spots (harmony especially) but some issues with Kaori being off pitch for whatever reason. Hana no Uta was exceptional even though the song is kinda boring halfway through for me.

They announced before the concert that it was being video recorded so everyone should look excited. But I don’t know that these AX concerts were ever released in previous years, except for some digest excerpts. That would be great if they released this one.
In 2012, there was an official release from AX. I remember that not all songs were in the video, but it has the full performance of some songs like Stone Cold, not just a collection of a few seconds from many songs like in a news or documentary. Let's hope they'll release sth. like that again.

In 2012, there was an official release from AX. I remember that not all songs were in the video, but it has the full performance of some songs like Stone Cold, not just a collection of a few seconds from many songs like in a news or documentary. Let's hope they'll release sth. like that again.
Is that release somewhere online???

Thank you so much Terry! Yuki looks like she's crying in that one pic. lol Listening now.

Even though it was a short concert, thought it was pretty good. Never heard a good Lancer and Assassin recording before. Joelle is awesome. I think she fits Yuki's songs really well. Looking forward to hearing more English songs from her. She reminds me of Tokyo Konsei a bit, I mean Yuri with it. Yuki's English seems a lot better than 2003 haha. I think Kaori is doing an all right job in Longing. (I wonder if Konno, if it is him, wants to play the to the beginning intro in the beginning of the song.) Kaori can sing higher songs. Joelle in Key of the Twilight is awesome. The harmonies seem a little bit messy, but maybe that's the audio... though it is really good. Awesome flute solo. I like it when she creates new arrangements. Joelle fits Yasashii a little, but I wish Yuki would choose other See Saw songs, like Senya Ichiya or Seijaku. She's used that one before. Luminous sword... hmm. I like it better with Keiko doing the low parts, and it seems a bit messy with only 3 singers, maybe it's better with Asuka, but that's what I heard. I mean, the band was awesome anyways. Hana no Uta: Did not care for the song on studio version, but I am liking the live version a lot more. Aimer was very powerful in this live it seems. Her voice was a lot clearer than in the original. I like her voice, but the song is kind of... lacking? I love the instrumentals though.

Overall I thought Joelle was awesome! I can't wait to hear a full concert with her in it, with clear audio. I thought Kaori was okay on Longing. Who sang Delete I wonder in the full lives? Asuka might fit that song better, but not sure. Ugh... I wish I would have been there just to see Yuki's smile over to all the artists, especially Aimer. I love it when she just side looks and smiles while playing. Her English is also really good. Now I'm really looking forawrd to a release of a full concert, probably going to be the last one.

The violinist was Ayaka, so Konno was the only regular FBM member I missed seeing. That performance of Hana no Uta was really powerful. I could feel the whole audience just being mesmerized. Despite a brief spot or 2 when Aimer’s voice wavered a little, I think her singing was much better here than in the studio version (or the live Budokan). It took me many listens to begin to like that song, but now I absolutely love it, especially after seeing such a devastating live performance of it.

Back