Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

If she end up doing animu songs, Takumi Ozawa would be a good choice as composer though, and would remind ppl of Kajiura too, thus increasing sales.
I don't think the general audiences care about Kajiura(sound/lyrics) being behind Kalafina all this time. Kalafina = 3 singing chicks. I mean, they could go for a similar sound to continue but that's just familiarity, not something that would increase sales.

Hello everyone,
I post here to ask your opinion about what I call "a bad new" : http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/16444902/
I call it bad because for me it is a rumour that is not relayed by any other sources.
From what we know,
- Yuki Kajiura, Keiko Kubota and Hikaru Masai left the produce label Spacecraft last year.
- Yuki Kajiura is still working with Keiko
- Keiko and Hikaru keep on meeting together regulary
- Keiko is still the owner of the name "Kalafina"
- We are not sure of what is doing Hikaru. From time to time she has talked about recording sessions and own project but we do not know more.
- Wakana is still with Spacecraft.
- Wakana has released a single and a full album since the end of Kalafina
- Wakana is doing solo live tour

At the end, we cannot deduce that Kalafina as we knew it might be reformed. So from where those rumours are coming from ?

I don't think the general audiences care about Kajiura(sound/lyrics) being behind Kalafina all this time. Kalafina = 3 singing chicks.
I think this is a good point. If Kajiura was sick of cranking out all these J-pop songs for Kalafina, she could have easily handed over the reigns to someone else like the guy producing Wakana. I’m sure Space Craft and Sacra would have been fine with that. And many if not most fans (like our favorite tumblr blogger) would have been fine with that. But the fact that Kajiura held on tightly to Kalafina for 10 yrs, only walking away when Space Craft went crazy on her, tells me that Kajiura cared a lot about Kalafina and would have gladly continued if the agency hadn’t interfered.

I think this is a good point. If Kajiura was sick of cranking out all these J-pop songs for Kalafina, she could have easily handed over the reigns to someone else like the guy producing Wakana. I’m sure Space Craft and Sacra would have been fine with that. And many if not most fans (like our favorite tumblr blogger) would have been fine with that. But the fact that Kajiura held on tightly to Kalafina for 10 yrs, only walking away when Space Craft went crazy on her, tells me that Kajiura cared a lot about Kalafina and would have gladly continued if the agency hadn’t interfered.
Maybe she could've handed over the reigns, maybe she could not have (for whatever reason).
Fact is she didn't and who's to say someone else would've and could've done it.
SpaceCraft certainly couldn't figure shit out for a year and however long they knew Kajiura was ditching them.
Assuming they even tried like they said they did, lol.

Kajiura was Kalafina's founder. She was responsible for all the music and lyrics.

SpaceCraft certainly couldn't figure shit out for a year and however long they knew Kajiura was ditching them.
If Keiko and Hikaru had been cooperative, who knows, maybe Wakana’s solo album would have had extra voice parts and become the first post-Kajiura Kalafina album. If so, I’m very thankful they rebelled. But this is all just wild speculation.

^ it would ve been very unthankful of them to ditch her like that. For W and K they started working with Kajiura even before Kalafina, W in Hokuto no Ken Ost and Keiko as back as 2005's Kaze no machi e, and involvement with Kalafina surely skyrocketed their fame. For Hikaru it was her first steps as singer and now she seems so grown up in comparison to when she sang Aria for the single. So it was for me expected they would take Kajiura's side. Wakana maybe blame her vocal issues to Kajiura, even though she is also thankful at the same time, and she was the main voice of Kalafina so her staying with SC makes sense too

If Keiko and Hikaru had been cooperative, who knows, maybe Wakana’s solo album would have had extra voice parts and become the first post-Kajiura Kalafina album. If so, I’m very thankful they rebelled. But this is all just wild speculation.
Yes, and you're fueling and feeding into it. :)
It's DONE. It's OVER. Rejoice!
Everyone is alive! But Kalafina is NO MO (at least until it's not, lol).

EDIT:
Because I re-read your post.
What do you mean ~"if K and H had been cooperative, who knows" what would have happened.~?
If they weren't, then they clearly didn't want to continue and it's even more definite. END of Story.
I mean, would you rather (in that IF scenario) everyone stayed in their cage and put on a smile for the fans? Fuck that and anyone who would like that.

But I digress, like I said - it's over. Why are we even feeding into this article? It just doesn't matter at this point, we are in after-the-fact-ville and everyone's doing their thing. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okey, I think I'm understanding a little more about what's going on. One question, I read in FB that Kajiura is 'trying to make a new project' or something alike based on that article someone post here, is that near to any truth??

Okey, I think I'm understanding a little more about what's going on. One question, I read in FB that Kajiura is 'trying to make a new project' or something alike based on that article someone post here, is that near to any truth??
Meh, I'd prefer Kajiura avoid any projects and just stick with collaborations like Aimer and even Lisa (though I'm not crazy about that song)

Last thing she needs to do is jump into another Kalafina situation.

Another project would be a joke, considering the restrictions and obligations that it comes with, and even more while she has whole FJ who hasnt released an album for years.

Weird how people are now saying that Kalafina could exist without Kajiura. You do know that there is only one golden goose between all of the people involved, right? 3 girls, lots of people behind the scenes, staff, front band…but when all is said and done, it comes from the mind of Yuki-sama. Without YK producing songs there is likely nothing but crap to follow and that is why more fake rumors are swirling around YK about Kalafina 'reforming'. Kalafina is not like an average pop group unit where you can switch members and composers on the go. It's a project stemming from the historical work product of YK, nothing more or less.

Also, Its not out the realm of possibility for a new unit to be established, managd by FJM. However, for CD releases they would probably need a publisher and some restrictions would come with that. Having Sony publish Kalafina meant things were overall much easier to promote than say, Flying Dog. This is simply because Sony/now Sacra are not simply a music publisher, but also a quasi-governmental entity with supranormal powers to promote their crap literally everywhere even inside of your toilet, and also the best network of staff from graphics to mixing and studios that you can find anywhere. Also for group to hit those sorts of numbers you need girls who are under 30 and as we know, that would necessitate 'new staff' for singing so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think about YK doing another "project" and hmm.. maybe it will be a one off thing like... Kalafina was supposed to be. There were no definite plans after KnK. But well.. Management ( and Keiko ) had other ideas. So we got a 5 album project that strangled YK to the point she had enough of it. However, the idea of a project is challenging. This time with her calling the shots, it would be a one off project if that's what she wants. Who knows. Maybe she'd do co writes with the artists she works with. Anything is possible now.

umm about Keiko: most likely a lie by that "other" insider.

stuck up ? when Wakana gets most of the songs, when most of the members here in this forum equated Kalafina with Wakana from time to time ? what bs.

curious, is Wakana more popular in Japan or Keiko ? I don't know.

reunion depends on Wakana ? eh? I think Kajiura said no and it's a no. over, done, fini. If there is such reunion, I will consider all of this an act and think Kajiura involved because she is the mastermind behind the music and Kalafina. but I think it is very unlikely. hopefully.

Back