Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

The best I can translate livedoor's report regarding the agency's comment is that it's under discussions on who will handle producer role for Kalafina.

Unless a miracle happens, it just can't be Kajiura anymore when she's not under the agency. That being said, it's very difficult to find a producer that can do composition, arrangement and lyrics. Most producers choose the pieces, collaborate with arrangers to get the sound deemed best, and just write the lyrics. If the new producer likes Kajiura work, and Kajiura still love composing for Kalafina, Kalafina may still easily have songs composed by Kajiura for B-sides and album tracks. A-sides and album lead tracks should be difficult since I assume this is likely one of the internal conflict Kajiura has with the agency.

@ghostreaper

We thought about this while chatting with @yuki.n but Harmony's creation might have something to do with all this. The news about the Harmony fanclub creation were around March 15, 2017, around a year ago, and considering that Kalafina released for the whole 2017 only 1 totally new single, (into the world/ marchen was basically a delayed release) and the other releases were things to keep fans hyped, we can assume that maybe she had already decided since a year ago to quit spacecraft and they either made harmony to safeguard the majority of the FJC fans who were Kalafina fans, so that Yuki Kajiura could leave spacecraft without too much of an impact, or its creation by spacecraft was one of the reasons that made Kajiura want to leave.

Yeah, I was talking about Harmony being created because of the impeding closure of FJC in the chat earlier. The original articles said something about the person whom Kajiura didn't get on with joining late 2016 so it's possible.

Also the movie announcement and the original article about this news were on the same day, which makes me think that there's something in the movie which talks about this. The movie was already announced to be discussing the future of Kalafina and I suspect it'll be at least partly talking about Kajiura's departure as their producer.

Uuuugh. This has me so worried now. This week has not been the best so far. I hope that she will continue to produce for Kala, or at least write and arrange, since they've done that before with different producers. (Not talking about Kala) But I am wondering since I saw someone post that she has a ton of songs written for them. Maybe there will still be a new album, since as George said there only had been a couple of releases. But I guess we'll find out. I am staying optimistic though. We have to be, right?

^ We dont know how much shehas written, it was just speculation. Maybe she didnt wrote at all or if she did she can still make them into FJ songs easily in the future, just like she made FJY and See-Saw songs into Kalafina songs. We ll be able to tell by the arrangements.

So I'm curious, what do you guys think will happen with Kalafina? It said that "their status will change" in the ANN article Kowz mentioned, but I'm not sure what this means.
From what I've gathered YK either gave Kalafina to Wakana, Keiko and Hikaru or is giving it to them.
Not to be a dick but just relax. Let's wait and see how it turns out.

I don't think there's a way to even speculate simply because we don't know the legal stuff (and by that I mean I myself don't know; maybe you know more than I do, lol). For all we know "Kalafina" could be "owned" by spacecraft like I said some time ago and that would mean they can do with it as they please and that includes changing the singers even... I'm not saying they would, just that they could if they wanted to. Just relax...

Time will tell.

Unless a miracle happens, it just can't be Kajiura anymore when she's not under the agency.
It's all in the parties' good will... so yea... miracle sounds about right since they did go through with the split, lol. Chances are spacecraft can't figure anything out and they'll end up reaching out to Kajiura anyways, lol. Assuming they don't just disband Kalafina...

I'm also concerned about the dual members. If FJ gets more active, will their schedule clash with Kalafina? Wakana and Keiko would have to choose and I'm afraid it will cause discomfort between them or something.
Is there any word on FJ getting more active? I mean, if it's just about live#14 then Kajiura has plenty of material to choose from that does not require Wakana/Keiko. She's had soundtrack lives without them.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ or they can get Hiroyuki Sawano who also does composition-lyrics-arrangement for most of his songs. or imagine hiring Takumi Ozawa lol

Uhhhh did anyone forget that there's a fight between Kajiura and the higher ups of spacecraft/Kalafina handler? Why would you guys think that she would still be working with them? :confu: She would be like giving money to her enemy lol. And it's kinda obvious what would the PR of spacecraft would do. They would make Kalafina talk some "heartfelt" messages about Kajiura and they be like "we would like to broaden our music with different style blah blah". Honestly I'm so dissapointed. It feels like an insult to Kajiura if they still work as a Kalafina without her since she's the producer but well it's business. It's bye to Kalafina for me I guess. There are more groups out there that can harmonize decently and could sing well but I sticked to them since they had Kajiura. And oh, next Madoka would be sooo awkward lol.

As for the upcoming YK lives, I don't think she will get Wakana, Kaori, and Keiko. Yuriko and Remi probably since they are not affiliated with spacecraft AFAIK. Possibly Joelle since I feel like she's scouting her. Big loss though since no more Keiko for me :comeback::comeback:

The original article from December mentioned Kalafina was their top earner. I doubt they'll disband them, unless this whole situation affects their sales.
Yea sure but now they have to figure shit out so who knows if it ends up being worth it for them... (Edit: And I mean even spacecraft can't possibly know how this goes for them financially.) There's just no way to speculate. Anything can happen. ;P

As for the upcoming YK lives, I don't think she will get Wakana, Kaori, and Keiko. Yuriko and Remi probably since they are not affiliated with spacecraft AFAIK. Possibly Joelle since I feel like she's scouting her. Big loss though since no more Keiko for me :comeback::comeback:

Replacing Wakana with Remi would be great. I like Kaori, but she doesn't look very excited to perform with FJ. Replacing her with Joelle mite b cool. Losing Keiko would suck though.

I would live to see Joelle perform/record with Kajiura, but I'm not sure any lineup changes are gonna happen within FJ. It's been Wakana, Keiko, Kaori, and Yuriko Kaida for so long, it would take a lot of work to rewrite arrangements for the new singers- you can't just replace one singer's part with another's because everyone's voice sounds different. Im sure it was a lot of work to rewrite all the SAO songs to not have Keiko for the LA concert before it was cancelled.

Dear God Above:

Please let this be the moment where Yuki stops producing all these mediocre pop songs mixed with epic orchestral soundtracks and goes back to her roots in FictionJunction, creates another solo album, and creates more World-influenced amaze-balls songs like The World, Kioku, Emerald Green, Sweet Song, Lotus, Red Rose, Liminality, Himitsu, Cynical World, ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC

Love, Tarryl Benedetto (aka TRal55)

Kajiura has enough songs to not have to use the chorus format in the lives... Period.

Are we forgetting that Eri Itou was doing songs solo during soundtrack lives? moonflower doesn't sound any worse live in her interpretation and without the lower backing vocal.

PS. Off topic; I don't particularly care for Joelle based on what I've heard...

Also I was talking on irc and I realized... that this is actually EXCITING to me? Like, we just DON'T KNOW... lol... Potentially fun times ahead.

The original article from December mentioned Kalafina was their top earner. I doubt they'll disband them, unless this whole situation affects their sales.
Sales will most likely be affected anyway. I think Spacecraft will be the one with the most trouble from now on, but somehow I can't feel sorry. Maybe because it's an undefined entity instead of a real person. The vocalists have more than enough skills to pursue an independent career if they have to. But the three Kalafina girls seem to have a powerful enough group dynamic that they'll most likely be just fine.

PS. Off topic; I don't particularly care for Joelle based on what I've heard...

Care to elaborate? :3

Care to elaborate? :3
Not much to say really. I only know her from SanHora (and the last singer in SanHora projects that I liked was MIKI) and, assuming it's her, from L.O.R.D. (and that we have no clear audio of her songs). I just didn't enjoy her singing in those.
Like replacing soundtrack singers with FictionJunction? :ohoho:
w

Back