Υour CD collection! XD

@grunty Yes, they were selling stuff that was old enough to surprise me that it was there... But of course I can't remember what it was, curse it. I think they might have had some Mai Hime stuff, but it was already sold out by the time I got there, as was Princess Principal, which is new, but I wanted it.

Speaking of which, @Kugayama where did you find the Mai Hime OST in April? I've been looking, but it's consistently nowhere. On the other hand, I finally found a Saeko Chiba CD the other day... I am surprised... By both the fact that I found it and the content.

Well then if anyone ever feels like helping me out with some pre-KNK Victor/Lantis stuff, I'd be totemo happy desu. (Since I don't want to support reselling, unless I reeeeeaaaally have to. I like to fool myself that at least some of the money goes back to the creators when I buy something...)

Lemme know before...

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of which, @Kugayama where did you find the Mai Hime OST in April? I've been looking, but it's consistently nowhere. On the other hand, I finally found a Saeko Chiba CD the other day... I am surprised... By both the fact that I found it and the content.
It was Mai Hime OST 2 only (which was also being sold before the Osaka concert), and probably at Mandarake UFO Nakano Broadway.

Not much Yuki Kajiura material in the second hand stores in Osaka today (Everlasting Songs, Elemental, a few Kalafina singles).

PS there was one box set of the 4 .hack OST's by Yuki Kajiura in one of the Mandarake stores in Osaka today for 3000 yen plus tax.

Last edited:
Mandarake... I've never even heard of it... I keep going to BOOK OFFs— yeah, it's resale, which means YK doesn't get any profit (then again, neither does the traitorous Spacecraft, though I'm not sure if I should care about that or not) but that also means it's cheap and there's sometime really old stuff. I found See Saw Early Best on a 100 yen shelf a few weeks ago, couldn't believe my luck.

@Puddle Boots there is also Lashinbang who sell new and second hand on the same shelves (second hand items have a coloured tape label on them).

Even if a given store only has a small range it can be worth checking.

Well if by some chance anyone sees MADLAX sold at the lives and wants to be a pal... I'm here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not CD's but I picked up Tsubasa Tokyo Revelation 2 and 3 Japanese DVD's for 100 yen each from Book・Net・One in Asahikawa today.

Speaking of DVDs, I haven't been able to find any DVDs of live performances of the Kajiura family, despite searching. It took me a long time to figure out originally that there was a separate section for anisong from ordinary J-Pop for CDs, so maybe there's also one for DVDs, but I'm not finding it. I suppose the logical thing to do would be to ask the store employees...

Speaking of DVDs, I haven't been able to find any DVDs of live performances of the Kajiura family, despite searching. It took me a long time to figure out originally that there was a separate section for anisong from ordinary J-Pop for CDs, so maybe there's also one for DVDs, but I'm not finding it. I suppose the logical thing to do would be to ask the store employees...

I have found store employees in Japan really helpful - just have the title written out or on your mobile and show it to them.

I bought Yuki Kajiura Live 2008.07.31 at Tower Records Shibuya back in 2012(?) and also found other stores like Animate helpful.

Finally found:

.hack//Roots Sound Form 1

Xenosaga II Jenseits von Gut und Böse [Zenaku no Higan] Movie
Scene Soundtrack

at Mandarake Sapporo and

Akatsuki no Kuruma (original)

at Book-Off Sapporo.

Found Birdy The Mighty OST 2 Blew at Lashinbang Nakano Broadway (includes a karaoke version of With Your Memory, which Yuki Kajiura wrote the music for).

^ no reason to buy a whole soundtrack for a single karaoke track, but the money is yours so you spends them however you like.
im amazed some stores still have stock of 22 year old releases.

^ no reason to buy a whole soundtrack for a single karaoke track, but the money is yours so you spends them however you like.
im amazed some stores still have stock of 22 year old releases.

I have enjoyed the Birdy OST music anyway, and tracking down obscure Yuki Kajiura tracks is fun. This copy was second-hand but as is usual for Japan, in good condition.

^ Congrats! Based on your posts, you've found a lot of stuff recently. Book-Off seems to be a good place (there's one in a city about an hour or so away from me, though not sure how it compares to Japan).

Back