Yo.

:XD:

Ok, hope to see more of you around the rest of the site! Including our spam board as well as the chat (concur with moimoi: it's a laugh). :psst:

Another writer :sparkleguy: that's great- don't forget to see our writters club somewhere on the creative corner.

I'm gonna wait until it's all finished first, then review it a couple of times before I let anyone else except me read it. :love:

And come to the chat it is funny

Haha, I'll make sure to〜

Re: Re:

Pontianak said:
AYYX said:
Yo~~ Welcome to the forums! Have fun~~ :cheer:

I plan to. :knife:

Thank you〜

OOOyeh said:
Pontianak said:
OOOyeh said:
Wellcome! hope to see you, its good to know someone who knows how to play bass :sohappy: :sparkleguy:

Well, the bass guitar is very underappreciated as an instrument! Mine's an electric Antoria bass guitar in sunburst style, and he's called Alistair. It's a tradition among my friends and family to name your instruments, and my friend has a bass guitar called Theodore.

Thanks for the welcome! :ayashii:

Ever though of making your own band? :ayashii:

Oh, I'd love to. :plot:

But sadly, playing in front of an audience is something I can't hope to achieve just yet! Though I know a guitarist and a keyboardist, as well as my best friend being a drummer, so I've achieved the member requirement. I'm pretty sure I could find a violinist, too...

:sohappy:

Welcome to CPM Pontianak!! You can call me george :sohappy: You are one of the few members that are from UK (I think we have 2-3 others) so Im happy :sohappy: I personally like urban myths and legends only when they are into a story, but not in real life :XD:
Wow you should have started learn japanese very young to be able to translate this good at your age. [I wish I could learn too but I dont find time :uh..: ]
Yes bass is underestimated, but not as much as strings (violin viola etc) I know some people that play it but I know none that plays strings :XD: The most commonly learn instruments -at least in my country- should be classic guitar and piano though. [I wish I could learn to play an instrument but musical notes are such a headache (could learn them at school) :uh..: and I have fear that I wont be able to play any instrument :XD: ]

Please make yourself at home :sohappy: :dote:

Re:

Welcome to CPM Pontianak!! You can call me george :sohappy:

As always, thank you〜 :shy:

You are one of the few members that are from UK (I think we have 2-3 others) so Im happy :sohappy:

I'm like a rare breed of Kajiura fan; the British kind! :ohoho:

I personally like urban myths and legends only when they are into a story, but not in real life :XD:

They creep me out, but they really do interest me. Asian urban legends are nearly always female because they were a way of the women fighting out against the discrimination that was - and still kinda is - rampant in Ye Olde Sexism times, since if they scared the Hell out of their husbands by tales of vengeful wife ghosts, then they'd be less likely to stray.

Pretty clever way of fighting it, I think.

Wow you should have started learn japanese very young to be able to translate this good at your age. [I wish I could learn too but I dont find time :uh..: ]

I can thankfully brag to being able to pick up ideas and follow things very easily. I've never really had a problem with understanding anything academic, which is good, because academic pursuits are my favourite kind. At the risk of sounding like a raging nerd, LEARNING IS FUN. It also is great to know as much as you can, so you can talk about a wide range of topics;;

Yes bass is underestimated, but not as much as strings (violin viola etc) I know some people that play it but I know none that plays strings :XD:

I've always wanted to play the viola! But sadly, there weren't any good tutors, and it was all very expensive. The bass is just as fun and amazing, though, not to mention an unpopular rock instrument because everyone usually goes for drumming or the normal guitar. That also makes it easier for me to be in a band, since most bands have trouble finding a bassist.

I think wind instruments are the most underrated, if we're talking classical, though. It's always about the piano, or the cello! Never the poor flute or oboe.

The most commonly learn instruments -at least in my country- should be classic guitar and piano though. [I wish I could learn to play an instrument but musical notes are such a headache (could learn them at school) :uh..: and I have fear that I wont be able to play any instrument :XD: ]

Yeah, I can't read sheet music for the life of me. It might as well be in Arabic, for all the sense it makes! I can only learn through watching other bassists, or from online tabs, but I learn at a good pace.

Please make yourself at home :sohappy: :dote:

I'll make sure to. :plot:

hey you don't need to post a full story as introduction the clob post is more for talk, you can write in in another post

:dote:

Welcome Pontianak!
ZoaKaizer has mentioned all the things that come to my mind when I saw your username hahaha. For first I think you're Indonesian for the reason that Zoa has mentioned.
And I'm delighted that you have an interest for urban legend because here in Indonesia there are so much ghost/creature/urban legend-thingy that famous and we even make a lot of movies about them, although most of the movies are somewhat erotic and I didn't even watch them.
And for your description about Pontianak who is a ghost of a woman who died in childbirth is same like Kuntilanak in Indonesia. Maybe because Pontianak is a name of a city here, we renamed it into Kuntilanak~ hohohohoho.
Once again, enjoy!

Welcome Pontianak!

Ahah, thank you〜

ZoaKaizer has mentioned all the things that come to my mind when I saw your username hahaha. For first I think you're Indonesian for the reason that Zoa has mentioned.

And I'm delighted that you have an interest for urban legend because here in Indonesia there are so much ghost/creature/urban legend-thingy that famous and we even make a lot of movies about them, although most of the movies are somewhat erotic and I didn't even watch them.

Well, some people with fetishize anything, but it can get a little out of hand. :uh..:

I'm glad there're many more urban legends for me to learn! Some of them are gruesome, some of them hilariously odd, and some of them are outright frightening. I also find folklore is also incredibly interesting, and things like demons, mainly because they're so creative. I hope to learn about them all. :dote:

And for your description about Pontianak who is a ghost of a woman who died in childbirth is same like Kuntilanak in Indonesia. Maybe because Pontianak is a name of a city here, we renamed it into Kuntilanak~ hohohohoho.

People who live there should be careful of who they bump into on the street, then. :plot:

Hey~~! Welcome to cpm~~! :sohappy: Have fun staying in here! :shy:
Pontianak said:
Welcome! I enjoy video games and writing too. (I mainly write fantasy/scifi stories) What kind do you write?

Well, it's kinda embarrassing, but I mainly write fantasy, in the way that it involves worlds I've made up myself. Other than that, I just use writing as an excuse to develop and write about my characters. It's so fun to plan out.
LOL, I can relate... :psst: I write PURE FANTASY too... though I have few realistic ones... but I enjoy fantasy more.... Since the only boundary there is the limit of your imagination...

Being a fantasy writer, you must've already asked yourself something like, "Darn! What should I name this world!?" or "What should I call this creature!?" Or something else related to those... Because in the course of my fantasy story writing, those are my most frequently asked question and my main problems... :XD: :uh..:

Hey~~! Welcome to cpm~~! :sohappy: Have fun staying in here! :shy:

Thanks! I'll put in the extra effort to enjoy myself, just for you〜

LOL, I can relate... :psst: I write PURE FANTASY too... though I have few realistic ones... but I enjoy fantasy more.... Since the only boundary there is the limit of your imagination...

Well, there're elements of realism, since it mostly involves me shoving two extra worlds along with this one. I'd like to have some people for the possible readers to relate to, so that they can see things more easily through the characters' eyes.

But I agree! Things like fantasy and sci-fi are more difficult to write, precisely because it requires so much imagination and creativity, but it's also more rewarding to see your own world unfold before you. I certainly have fun writing it. :shy:

Being a fantasy writer, you must've already asked yourself something like, "Darn! What should I name this world!?" or "What should I call this creature!?" Or something else related to those... Because in the course of my fantasy story writing, those are my most frequently asked question and my main problems... :XD: :uh..:

Haha! Aside from the occasional fantastical creature, I don't think I have the creativity for making up new species! I have much more fun making up countries and thinking up political tensions, as well as social strata and how the economy would work... :dote:

Whenever I'm struggling, I just look up a few words in other languages that describe something about the place, then change a few letters.

:ayashii:

Re: Re:

Pontianak said:
You are one of the few members that are from UK (I think we have 2-3 others) so Im happy :sohappy:

I'm like a rare breed of Kajiura fan; the British kind! :ohoho:

Oh! The rare, rare breed of plucky Brits... :TdT:

Whereabouts in the UK are you from?

Re:

Pontianak said:
There is the rare occasion in which I take off my top hat and monocle to have a little fun. :sparkleguy:

:XD: Monocle and top hat!

I think that image of a typical Brit has long gone now, though. :TdT:

It's been replaced with steak and ale or fish pies (I wonder why is it never Sunday roast, though), garden-preening, sun-worshipping, overly-polite grannies and booze-swigging moptops with a stiff upper lip. :XD:

Pontianak said:
County of Manchester, haaah. :hero:

North Country!

In before the football people... :XD:

I've always wanted to go up there to have a look-see myself, anyway. Although I'm kinda put off by the horror stories (of the scallies and the shootings) I keep hearing now and then.

Our boss, Kerahna and myself have spent some time in the South West ourselves (she's left while I'm still here in Ze Brizzle), although we're not British citizens ourselves...which is kinda a shame. really.

:XD: Monocle and top hat!

I think that image of a typical Brit has long gone now, though. :TdT:

It's been replaced with steak and ale or fish pies (I wonder why is it never Sunday roast, though), garden-preening, sun-worshipping, overly-polite grannies and booze-swigging moptops with a stiff upper lip. :XD:

Well, when the odd sun ray filters past all of the rainclouds, it'd due a bit of worshipping. It's not like we get to see much of the sun.

I dislike that sport; hockey and tennis are more up my alley. :blood:

I've always wanted to go up there to have a look-see myself, anyway. Although I'm kinda put off by the horror stories (of the scallies and the shootings) I keep hearing now and then.

Yeah, gun crime is rampant here, and Manchester is the place where the wild gangsters roam. It's not so bad once you're used to it, though. At least I don't live in Liverpool.

Our boss, Kerahna and myself have spent some time in the South West ourselves (she's left while I'm still here in Ze Brizzle), although we're not British citizens ourselves...which is kinda a shame. really.

Did you enjoy it?

hi welcome to CPM
have fun, oh i really appreciate the Bass. but my favorite among the Bass family is the Contra Bass

Re:

Pontianak said:
Well, when the odd sun ray filters past all of the rainclouds, it'd due a bit of worshipping. It's not like we get to see much of the sun.

:XD: So true.... otherwise everyone will just be an unhealthy shade of pasty white.

Pontianak said:

I dislike that sport; hockey and tennis are more up my alley. :blood:

Heh.... I only watch it once every 4 years anyway.

Pontianak said:
At least I don't live in Liverpool.

:goodjob:... But you gotta admit, despite them speaking funny, Liverpool is the place that churns out the most British musicians (at least the famous ones)!

Pontianak said:
Did you enjoy it?

Most certainly! Quaint little town, but generally very nice people! Of course, things change a bit once it's past 10pm, though.

So true.... otherwise everyone will just be an unhealthy shade of pasty white.

Well, I'm some percentage Polish, so I can already out-pale any ghost of your choosing. :sparkleguy:

Heh.... I only watch it once every 4 years anyway.

If I want to watch people play football, I can go to a toddlers' game and watch them. It's not like they can throw themselves on the floor more than the actual paid ballers.

... But you gotta admit, despite them speaking funny, Liverpool is the place that churns out the most British musicians (at least the famous ones)!

THOSE DARN SCOUSERS AIN'T GOOD FOR NOWT :stupidtable:

Most certainly! Quaint little town, but generally very nice people! Of course, things change a bit once it's past 10pm, though.

Englanders are like moths to a flame when it comes to pubs and alcohol. I assume that's what you mean?

Re:

Pontianak said:
So true.... otherwise everyone will just be an unhealthy shade of pasty white.

Well, I'm some percentage Polish, so I can already out-pale any ghost of your choosing. :sparkleguy:

At the risk of sounding racist, I've seen quite a few Polish-English girls here and the majority (all of them actually) of them are pretty cute looking! (Or as the English would put it, "them Polish types are fit" :goodjob: )

Pontianak said:

Englanders are like moths to a flame when it comes to pubs and alcohol. I assume that's what you mean?

:XD:

Nah. Pubs and alcohol are absolutely fine (so are *some* hen/stag parties when they have them there). It's usually the rowdy stuff afterwards that matter. (mainly the useless ones who get too drunk by 10 before the REAL party even starts. add to the fact most of these often start acting gay and kiss everything they see on the streets anyway)

Back