Yo.

P

Pontianak

:glasses:

My name is Erinn, I dwell in Europe, and I'm 16 on the 28th of this month. I came across Kajiura Yuki through Mai-HiME, and progressed from there to FictionJunction YUUKA and Kalafina at my own leisurely pace.

My hobbies aside from music listening include sports, video games, writing, studying ancient history and reading... I can also play the bass guitar pretty well. These are my favourite colours.

My German and Latin are okay-ish, plus I can translate fairly well from Japanese into English; even though I can't say the same from English to Japanese. The only French I know is "Tu est tres seduisant, mon cheri", which I decided to memorise on one rainy British day.

Oh, just as a fair warning, I can be pretty snarky, though most of the time I'm pretty amicable about it.

I'm terrible at introductions and I have no idea how they work. ...But for you all, I tried my best. :sparkleguy:

Wellcome! hope to see you, its good to know someone who knows how to play bass :sohappy: :sparkleguy:

Re:

OOOyeh said:
Wellcome! hope to see you, its good to know someone who knows how to play bass :sohappy: :sparkleguy:

Well, the bass guitar is very underappreciated as an instrument! Mine's an electric Antoria bass guitar in sunburst style, and he's called Alistair. It's a tradition among my friends and family to name your instruments, and my friend has a bass guitar called Theodore.

Thanks for the welcome! :ayashii:

Re: Re:

Pontianak said:
OOOyeh said:

Well, the bass guitar is very underappreciated as an instrument! Mine's an electric Antoria bass guitar in sunburst style, and he's called Alistair. It's a tradition among my friends and family to name your instruments, and my friend has a bass guitar called Theodore.

Ever though of making your own band? :ayashii:

Re:

AYYX said:
Yo~~ Welcome to the forums! Have fun~~ :cheer:

I plan to. :knife:

Thank you〜

OOOyeh said:
Pontianak said:
OOOyeh said:

Ever though of making your own band? :ayashii:

Oh, I'd love to. :plot:

But sadly, playing in front of an audience is something I can't hope to achieve just yet! Though I know a guitarist and a keyboardist, as well as my best friend being a drummer, so I've achieved the member requirement. I'm pretty sure I could find a violinist, too...

Welcome :tea:

btw "Pontianak" is the name of a city in Indonesia and the name of a blood sucking frmale ghost in Malaysia :plot:

Thank you〜

btw "Pontianak" is the name of a city in Indonesia and the name of a blood sucking frmale ghost in Malaysia

Ahah! Glad you spotted the reference. Urban myths and legends are something I should've added to my interests, huh! I like elaborating on the story of the Pontianak, if you're willing to give up a night of sleep to allow me to explain. I think it's pretty frightening〜

But Asian ghosts always are. I think the Manananggal is kinda hilarious, though.

Pocong is also kinda hilarious, I wonder why ppl think this harmless ghost is scarry :ohoho:

its harmless becasue its only can jump around while its hand and feet are tied :sparkleguy: , not like pontianak who suck blood. Kuntilanak from Indonesia might quite different tho..

Pocong is also kinda hilarious, I wonder why ppl think this harmless ghost is scarry :ohoho:

its harmless becasue its only can jump around while its hand and feet are tied :sparkleguy: ,

The Manananggal is a variation of the Japanese Nukekubi, where the head of an attractive women disattaches every night and walks around on its intestines, looking to eat the guts of other people it comes across... The Rokurokubi is another head-related Japanese female youkai, but this one just has their neck stretch so they can jump out and scare other people.

not like pontianak who suck blood.

I think it's Malay in origin, but the Pontianak is supposed to be the ghost of a woman who died in childbirth. I read a variation where they're out to eat the ovaries of women who can bear children in revenge... Either that, or by clawing out your organs by their bare hands to eat them.

And the way to tell the location of the Pontianak scares me the most, because if you hear a dog howling or a baby crying loudly, the Pontianak is far away. But if you hear a quiet baby cry or the sound of a dog whining, then the Pontianak is right next to you.

:...:

Kuntilanak from Indonesia might quite different tho..

They might just be different words for the same thing, but I'm not entirely sure!

INTERESTING! :ohoho:

I was actually looking up fretless vertical basses (like the Barker 5 string - sexy! :nosebleed:) recently and someone like you comes along! Note: Not that I can or know how to play them, actually. Cos the closest thing I've come to was a double bass, not the electric ones. Except when listening to jazz, though. :psst: :XD:

Welcome to this crazy place! I hope you'll enjoy yourself here! :sohappy:

Re:

Special_K said:
INTERESTING! :ohoho:

I was actually looking up fretless vertical basses (like the Barker 5 string - sexy! :nosebleed:) recently and someone like you comes along! Note: Not that I can or know how to play them, actually. Cos the closest thing I've come to was a double bass, not the electric ones. Except when listening to jazz, though. :psst: :XD:

Welcome to this crazy place! I hope you'll enjoy yourself here! :sohappy:

It's better off to start with 4 strings, because most basslines only have 4 strings anyway, and the 5-6 string basses are super heavy and expensive. Most bassists only have 4 stringed bass guitars... That's not to say that I don't want a 6 string bass guitar at some point, or a brand upgrade! A Fender American Standard, also in sunburst, would be to die for. But I'm perfectly happy with Alistair.

I am enjoying myself already〜 :ohoho:

^ :XD: Noted!

Although I must admit, it's just a fleeting thought, though. :psst:

I used to play the double bass myself, but fell out of practice for nearly 10 years already. :...:

If I can afford to pick up an instrument again, it'll most probably be the cello and the double bass again. Just love the sound they make.
:sohappy:

Welcome! I enjoy video games and writing too. (I mainly write fantasy/scifi stories) What kind do you write? I can either be called Liana or Lina. Hope you like it here! :dote:

Welcome! I enjoy video games and writing too. (I mainly write fantasy/scifi stories) What kind do you write?

Well, it's kinda embarrassing, but I mainly write fantasy, in the way that it involves worlds I've made up myself. Other than that, I just use writing as an excuse to develop and write about my characters. It's so fun to plan out.

Hope you like it here!

Ahaha, again, thank you〜

If I can afford to pick up an instrument again, it'll most probably be the cello and the double bass again. Just love the sound they make. :sohappy:

The deeper notes are always my favourite, because they sound a lot more powerful. If you can use that to find out my favourite member of Kalafina...

:sparkleguy:

Pontianak said:
The deeper notes are always my favourite, because they sound a lot more powerful. If you can use that to find out my favourite member of Kalafina...

:sparkleguy:

:XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD:

It's....a....tad....obvious, isn't it? :ayashii:

Pontianak said:
Well, it's kinda embarrassing, but I mainly write fantasy, in the way that it involves worlds I've made up myself. Other than that, I just use writing as an excuse to develop and write about my characters. It's so fun to plan out.

Another writer :sparkleguy: that's great- don't forget to see our writters club somewhere on the creative corner.

And come to the chat it is funny

Back