xenForo Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, complaint. Apparently, we're only allowed to post twenty images in our posts now? I know it's usually not necessary, but it really messes up the chat log thread and the CPM anime thread, so can that limit be removed? Or adjusted?

there seems to be a word limit on posts, which means I can no longer edit this post. Can this word limit be lifted/raised?

So, complaint. Apparently, we're only allowed to post twenty images in our posts now? I know it's usually not necessary, but it really messes up the chat log thread and the CPM anime thread, so can that limit be removed? Or adjusted?

Pushed to 50. Unfortunately XenForo doesn't distinguish between emotes & other images, or I'd lift it entirely.

there seems to be a word limit on posts, which means I can no longer edit this post. Can this word limit be lifted/raised?

It was 10,000 characters - which it is under. Must not count non-latin characters correctly. Raised to 50,000.

Can you give us a time point when you will be able to try to change the forum's colour as suggested earlier ?

also what about this:
@Sud: Is possible to extent the editing time limit of the posts at the conversations to more than just 5 minutes ?

Can you give us a time point when you will be able to try to change the forum's colour as suggested earlier ?

This will not be happening unless I get some (public) details on the specifics of what should be changed. Take screenshots. Mark them up. Gimme a palette. PNG, not JPEG.

@Sud: Is possible to extent the editing time limit of the posts at the conversations to more than just 5 minutes.

...I thought I did? I set things to 30 minutes.

Hi, the inbox messages waiting alert is quite tiny. Is there any way to make it a bit clearer?

You are referring to the text when you hover over the alert, correct?

Also, how do we search for a user based on a partial name?

Apparently you can not, currently. If you can find an XenForo add-on to handle this, I'll install it.

I've created an account on the xenForo forum and asked some questions about features that we used to have under phpbb but don't have now.

^ The reply I received back was:

"All of those require template edits, configuration, or add-ons. The administrator is free to post in the proper support forums and we can help them achieve whatever they hope to achieve."

That seems to suggest that (because of its commercial nature?) only the registered licensee can get support for questions like we've been asking in this thread from the xenforo support forum.

Last edited:
Also, it seems to eat Unicode 6.0 characters like:

U+1F493 BEATING HEART

General Character Properties

In Unicode since: 6.0
Unicode category: Symbol, Other

Various Useful Representations

UTF-8: 0xF0 0x9F 0x92 0x93
UTF-16: 0xD83D 0xDC93

C octal escaped UTF-8: \360\237\222\223
XML decimal entity: 💓

^ The reply I received back was:

"All of those require template edits, configuration, or add-ons. The administrator is free to post in the proper support forums and we can help them achieve whatever they hope to achieve."

That seems to suggest that (because of its commercial nature?) only the registered licensee can get support for questions like we've been asking in this thread from the xenforo support forum.

Part of the license fee is paid support. Please PLEASE PLEASE do not contact XenForo support on behalf of canta-per-me.net. Not only can this action count against us when renewing support, but you will not be able to act on the results.

Also, it seems to eat Unicode 6.0 characters like:

U+1F493 BEATING HEART

Part of the point of Unicode is that you don't have to include anything more than the first line.

As WordPress also doesn't support the character, it is easy enough to show it is not XenForo's fault.

The current version of MySQL we are use only supports Unicode 3.0 - and updating that is beyond my control.

Part of the license fee is paid support. Please PLEASE PLEASE do not contact XenForo support on behalf of canta-per-me.net. Not only can this action count against us when renewing support, but you will not be able to act on the results.

Part of the point of Unicode is that you don't have to include anything more than the first line.

As WordPress also doesn't support the character, it is easy enough to show it is not XenForo's fault.

The current version of MySQL we are use only supports Unicode 3.0 - and updating that is beyond my control.

Sorry, I was not wanting to ask on behalf of anyone but myself, after spending a while searching add-ons.

The Unicode 3.0 limit is fine, it's just worth knowing the limits of the present software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back