xenForo Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sudrien : what do you have to say about the suggestions for change of the forum's skin colours ? http://forum.canta-per-me.net/threads/xenforo-complaint-thread.5065/page-2

(I'm already watching the thread, so I did not get an additional notification)

You'll notice some more yellow, but - the issue is XenForo actually has SO MANY color options that, beyond their default palette selection, I'd really need a visual guide to go off of (read: edited screenshot) to make sure it doesn't just get uglier.

^ understood. Btw, I didnt only mean Kuga's suggestion, but the ones below it as well. Does this video http://xenforo.com/community/threads/playing-with-color.3798/ and thread help at all or its just show off?
also http://xenforo.com/help/style-color/
Of course.

Those are the tools I'd be working with - a color-wheel roulette of the default color swatches are what are currently being used. But a lot of these colors are reused multiple places - if I'm to get off this system, which I can, I really need a guideline to work off of, and ideally, a well-defined palette (read: rgb hex codes).

I don't really like the Edit underneath the post, I would like it where the Like and Reply are. But other than that I like it. Maybe for the colors you could do a darker style? To fit Kalafina, just my thought.

^ lol its not to fit Kalafina, its to fit the rest of the site XD

@Sud: Is possible to extent the editing time limit of the posts at the conversations to more than just 5 minutes ?

Can you possibly enable the option to 'mark topics read' ? I use it alot when I dont want to read some of the topics and I dont want the forum to indicate there are new replies in one of the boards.

Last edited:
On the subject of "Mark forums read" is it all or nothing, or is there some way of limiting it to a particular section?

I was scratching my head over the 'mark forums read' thing too, but when you're in a sub-forum (i.e. not the main forum page) you get a prompt that lets you choose between 'marking as read' the threads of the forum you're in, or all of them. It probably makes more sense when you try it than reading me describe it...it's actually better than the old system I think.

Similar to what grunty suggested, choice of style sheets / themes (e.g. a larger print version with minimum font size, if that is not configurable in user preferences).

I've bumped up the size of some of the smaller fonts, and added an alternate theme: "Vision" is selectable in the lower left hand corner.

Print style sheets.... a lot less free support.

Um, excuse me but the way we can't put certain members in "ignore" list because they're on the staff list is not really fair for me. Could the ranking system be like the old forum, where we don't explicitly know who's member a staff and who's not so we can freely ignore them? For the sake of convenience and drama-less forum here.

Um, excuse me but the way we can't put certain members in "ignore" list because they're on the staff list is not really fair for me. Could the ranking system be like the old forum, where we don't explicitly know who's member a staff and who's not so we can freely ignore them? For the sake of convenience and drama-less forum here.
Considering this request, the following changes have been made:
  • Tropies (required for titles like "HA! I live in her CLOSET!") have been normalized to 1 trophy point each.
  • "Staff Online" removed from front page
  • Staff banner has been disabled - titles will remain for now
  • Trophy points have been hidden on the member page
I'd be willing to entertain more suggestions, here or sent privately.

Regarding the issue of clicking on the time stamp to go to he latest post, can you make it so that guests can do it to? It seems like you have to log on to be able to use that function.

And is it able to link the Everything Else and Blog subforums in a way so that if we click on Yuki Kajiura,we'll get linked to both, like in the old forum?

Regarding the issue of clicking on the time stamp to go to he latest post, can you make it so that guests can do it to? It seems like you have to log on to be able to use that function.

And is it able to link the Everything Else and Blog subforums in a way so that if we click on Yuki Kajiura,we'll get linked to both, like in the old forum?

It was possible at one point*, but the code has changed since.

"Categories" Now have pages & link to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back