Works in which Kajiura has contributed with her music

K

KP-X

Hum, I was a little apprehensive about this, as it seems like something complicated. But I was thinking about the main site: it would be nice to have a place in which we listed all of the works in which Kajiura has worked on. Not something really fancy, but something like, giving a synopsis about it, and giving some little information about the soundtrack itself, such as talking a little about the mood of the soundtrack as a whole, which vocalists she used in it, what kind of idea she had when she created the songs (I've only read that interview about KnK, but I believe there may be others in which she talks about things such as these). Well, what do you guys think?

It's a good idea. Hard work to do guys. Go for it. :XD:

Wait. The first suggested function is seved by the discography, and I mean that
it would be nice to have a place in which we listed all of the works in which Kajiura has worked on.

also, about that
and giving some little information about the soundtrack itself, such as talking a little about the mood of the soundtrack as a whole

we need someone to traslate these interview and liner notes (which is really hard. About the mood, that's kinda personal, might be different opinions.

The vocalists part you methion is already covered by both the vocalists section as well as the discography.

By works I mean the series. For people to get to know in which series she has worked on throughout her career. About the mood, I think that we don't really need interviews for these one, we could try to describe it based on the work itself. But we could also add information that Kajiura herself has said, like the one from the KnK interview and others (I just read one interview for Madlax in the website that had this kind of information as well).
By vocalists I mean the proeminent to that specific series. For instance, Yuriko Kaida was the major vocalist for Cossette with Marina Inoue singing Houseki since she was Cossette's VA. With this, we could add information like:
Bindiger was introduced in hack//Sign, Kalafina was created for KnK and so on.
Hence, I was thinking about bringing light to the series she has worked on. It's not that they are not necessarily listed in the website, it's just that I personally thought it would be nice to have a page for them rather than have their names scattered throughout the website.

Re:

KP-X said:
it's just that I personally thought it would be nice to have a page for them rather than have their names scattered throughout the website.

Not all of them are like that. For example there are special pages for Yuki's projects

http://canta-per-me.net/yukis-vocalists/kalafina/
http://canta-per-me.net/yukis-vocalists/fictionjunction
http://canta-per-me.net/yukis-vocalists/see-saw
http://canta-per-me.net/yukis-vocalists/saeko-chiba

as of the rest, there isnt much to write about, unless someone translates the interviews/liner notes. Writing things out of our mind without basing them somewhere is pointless.

Writing critics is an other issue though.

It seems you still don't understand what I'm trying to suggest. I'm not talking about her projects as a musician, I was talking about the works, such as the series she has worked on, or games, or anything. Then, we would link her projec, to the works and things like that. But just forget it.

Despite what you say, I do understand what you mean. What I dont understand is what special that talk about the works will have if we cant base it on interviews or liner notes (because most of the are still untranslated), because if we dont base them they will obviously be out of our heads.

But the cpme team could at least "clear up" some sections, like the discography one. It's messy. And put a summary of Kajiura works, since not every single person in here knows what Madoka, Noir, Xenosaga, etc, are about.

What do oyu mean by "messy" ? its fine, its just missing some some coverart, going to fix the problem that was caused by the making the 2011-2012 page too (didnt found time yet)

And put a summary of Kajiura works, since not every single person in here knows what Madoka, Noir, Xenosaga, etc, are about.

If you know, tell us. To know what something is about you just have to see the show/ play the game, and that's what we do in Madoka these days.

Re:

george1234 said:
Despite what you say, I do understand what you mean. What I dont understand is what special that talk about the works will have if we cant base it on interviews or liner notes (because most of the are still untranslated), because if we dont base them they will obviously be out of our heads.

Oh, about the tone, I meant something more general, which even though it would be out of our heads, wouldn't be something that would be far from true. We could modalize our speech in order to show that it is a consent from everyone, but not something without any base. But yeah, I know that information from Kajiura herself would be far better, and it's a pity that most of the interviews weren't translated (I for one love this kind of interview).

Re:

george1234 said:
What do oyu mean by "messy" ? its fine, its just missing some some coverart, going to fix the problem that was caused by the making the 2011-2012 page too (didnt found time yet)

The are thing not related to Kajiura in the discography. It's confusing.

If you know, tell us. To know what something is about you just have to see the show/ play the game, and that's what we do in Madoka these days.

Or research the internet.

Re: Re:

Rafael-sama said:
george1234 said:

The are thing not related to Kajiura in the discography. It's confusing

That is not called "messy", its just that we have decided to include into the discography releases that contain covers of Yuki songs, or other releases that contain the originals, eg the album 'Chara de Rie' by Rie Tanaka, contains Mizu no Akashi and Fields of Hope, if im not mistaken (since she takes money from these too),. You will notice that all these entries have, in the front, (# by Yuki Kajiura) ,meaning how many songs of each of the non Yuki releases is related to Yuki.

It's too hard to write about music without being subjective, or accused of being subjective or leaving something out etc etc :XD: maybe instead we can collect reviews from all users

i'm not sure what's the best way to implement a review system, but the easiest would be to have them post it in forum and then link to the specific post through main site

By vocalists I mean the proeminent to that specific series. For instance, Yuriko Kaida was the major vocalist for Cossette with Marina Inoue singing Houseki since she was Cossette's VA.

While some works have a prominent vocalist who handles most of the songs/vocal BGMs, some are rather tricky to define (El Cazador, anyone? :XD: ).

Basically only works that were one-vocalist centric were Noir (Yuriko), Tsubasa (Eri), Knk (Hanae), where there was one vocalist sing the most of the vocal tracks (without that meaning that there werent other vocalists) all the others are combination of many vocalists.

But we are out of topic XD

Basically only works that were one-vocalist centric were Noir (Yuriko), Tsubasa (Eri), Knk (Hanae)

Also .hack/SIGN with Emily and .hack/Liminality with Yuri (although her track was the only vocal one there :XD: ). And I had an impression we WERE on topic... :confu: what's it about, then?

Back