What are you listening to right NOW?

Macross Frontier Concept Album - cosmic cuune (looked for any other live shows around the time of Chiaki Ishikawa's 21 March Live at Mount Rainier Hall Shibuya, and now have secured a ticket for a standing show of May'n at Namba Hatch Osaka on 20 March.

Ashita no Keshiki

Wakanas voice was so beautiful and tearjerking here....now its gone :(

Their SH era had their best ballads, hands down. I absolutely love every single one of their ballads from this era but as soon as Haru wa Kogane no Yume no Naka came out they unfortunately started going to shittttt.
Mahiru, Hokage, snow falling, are all so boring and bland and have none of the emotion that songs like Ashita no Keshiki and Seventh Heaven had.
There's still lapis and Door, and I love those both so much but even so, nothing can ever compare to their amazing SH ballads imho.

^Such a tragedy what happened to Wakana; I wish we knew what happened there. Considering Hikaru's recent struggles, I can't help but think Kajiura's songs are destroying the girls' voices.

I used to think most of Kalafina slow ballads were so boring, but when re listened to Ahita no Keshiki after so many time I literally forgot it existed, I was shocked to discover how gorgeous, complex and enchantingly beautiful it is. Same happened when I first heard Seventh Heaven or Kimi ga Hikari ni Kaete Yuku live :touched:
They had some pretty ballads later as well (as Hikari Furu) but most of them are just so plain and forgetable that I don't care at all.

Anyway I'm listening to Nana Mizuki Grace Orchestra Live (idk for sure, I only know is some orchestral concert). I wish she had more concerts like this, there she can really show the real potential of her voice. :dote:

Anyway I'm listening to Nana Mizuki Grace Orchestra Live (idk for sure, I only know is some orchestral concert). I wish she had more concerts like this, there she can really show the real potential of her voice. :dote:

There is another blu-ray set Live Grace II x Live Union (an orchestral concert and an outdoor concert) by Nana Mizuki, also very good.

Ashita no Keshiki

Wakanas voice was so beautiful and tearjerking here....now its gone :(

Their SH era had their best ballads, hands down. I absolutely love every single one of their ballads from this era but as soon as Haru wa Kogane no Yume no Naka came out they unfortunately started going to shittttt.
Mahiru, Hokage, snow falling, are all so boring and bland and have none of the emotion that songs like Ashita no Keshiki and Seventh Heaven had.
There's still lapis and Door, and I love those both so much but even so, nothing can ever compare to their amazing SH ballads imho.

I completely agree. Hikarifuru is actually okay if Wakana's voice was as grand as it used to be. She sounded so honky in the studio version and so choppy in the live version :( their later ballads don't have the same depths and emotions as their SH era ballads. Haru wa Kogane is complete shit (my least favorite Kalafina song ever).

Considering Wakana changed her singing technique/vocal style per instruction by Kajiura, I can't help but think the same case happened to Hikaru. It's really disheartening because Kajiura chose Hikaru because she had 'clear voice with a sound similar to metallic pipe' but she's the one who makes that pipe rusted and busted.

Parallel Hearts - FJ

key of twilight - FJ

idk why Yuriko's lower harmony really disturbs me here.

Cult of Luna & Julie Christmas - Mariner

This album is so goddamn good aaaaaahhh.

Back