What are you listening to right NOW?

Nobody's home tonight so got music on real loud. Godsibb live just came on :sohappy:.

SHINee's first album 'The Shinee World".

Rant Incoming:
Kpop just doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. For one thing, a lot of the fandom is fucking cancerous and cringey as hell (something Kajiura is thankfully free of :tea:), but the music itself is just incredibly samey.

Every group has the token rapper member, every song has the token rap stanza, there's never any harmonization, or any interesting harmonies/counter melodies in general (I never realized how much I've taken Kalafina's beautiful harmonies for granted), nearly every MV has over the top dancing (which I admittedly don't hate), it can be extremely cheesy, there's a crapton of autotune, and a lot of it is just flat out repetitive and annoying. (please no) .

I honestly just don't get the appeal with the current big groups like EXO and GOT7... Sorry, but EXO's Wolf is legit one of the most annoying things I've ever heard.

This is why I can never agree with the people who argue that Kalafina has turned to shit.
Yeah, a lot of their recent A sides have been consistently sub-par, but for one thing the b sides are consistently great, and tbh I'd rather listen to believe than something like Bo Peep anyday.

I have a lot more I could say about this (Like why isn't So Hyang more popular??! Shes infinitely better than everything Kpop has shat out in the past few years combined) but it's 3 am and I have school tomorrow and I should go to bed but yeah ugh rip Kpop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Three traditional songs that belong together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wxWIQcppXk

First: A few hours before the wedding, the groom-to-be changed his mind, climbed on the wooden thing that holds the roof together, and refused to come down to get married.

Second: He changed his mind, he wanted to get married, but then the bride-to-be didn't want him.

Third: They're getting married and everyone is laughing at them.

Most likely, the first one is inspired from a real-life event, and the two other ones are people's imagination of how it most likely continued.

SHINee's first album 'The Shinee World".

Rant Incoming:
I remember when I used to really like SHINee. Their first 2 albums were just godly R&B (seriously, check out this and this) but then once their 3rd album released they just kinda fell into the trap of generic, auto-tuned, dub step heavy Kpop songs.
It's sad because I really used to love them (along with a few other groups like Super Junior and Big Bang), but now they're just kinda barely above average compared to the vast amount of crap Kpop out there.

I mean, compare Love like Oxygen and Replay, some of their earlier (and best) songs, to stuff like Everybody which is just all around generic.
Not all of their new stuff is bad, (1 on 1 was a good song, but the album itself was kinda meh) but they're just nowhere near as good as they were back in their debut.

Actually in general, Kpop just doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. For one thing, a lot of the fandom is fucking cancerous and cringey as hell (something Kajiura is thankfully free of :tea:), but the music itself is just incredibly samey.

Every group has the token rapper member, every song has the token rap stanza, there's never any harmonization, or any interesting harmonies/counter melodies in general (I never realized how much I've taken Kalafina's beautiful harmonies for granted), nearly every MV has over the top dancing (which I admittedly don't hate), it can be extremely cheesy, there's a crapton of autotune, and a lot of it is just flat out repetitive and annoying. (please no) .

I honestly just don't get the appeal with the current big groups like EXO and GOT7... Sorry, but EXO's Wolf is legit one of the most annoying things I've ever heard.
Yeah... I don't know where I'm going with this either, I just needed a space to sound like a hipster and rant :ohoho:
It just sucks because about 5 years ago I used to really be into Kpop and watching how far the industry has fallen makes me somewhat sad. Honestly nowadays, it's really not much better than the Western pop market, which says a lot.

This is why I can never agree with the people who argue that Kalafina has turned to shit.
Yeah, a lot of their recent A sides have been consistently sub-par, but for one thing the b sides are consistently great, and tbh I'd rather listen to believe than something like Bo Peep anyday.

I have a lot more I could say about this (Like why isn't So Hyang more popular??! Shes infinitely better than everything Kpop has shat out in the past few years combined) but it's 3 am and I have school tomorrow and I should go to bed but yeah ugh rip Kpop.
Yes, about that KPOP explanation, it's unfortunately just too real . . . and a shame, as I came into KPOP from Heartbreaker by GD and Lucifer by SHINee. I will forever be laughing at those that are claiming Kalafina and even Kajiura herself are supposedly downgrading, as I sit proudly with approximately 70% of my entire musical iTunes library being Kajiura-composed and enjoyed every day up to her most recent work.

Well right now I've been going through a recent obsession over 「symphonia」 and 「屋根の向こうに」, the latter of which I've heavily considered posting a video singing along to it a la LovingKeikoKubota (but I feel like he's a better singer, as I have a LOT of vibrato).

Madlax OST 1 - I was thinking that it's getting harder to find YK OST albums in the second hand music stores in Japan but 3 this trip (Madlax OST 1, Xenosaga III and Blood The Last Vampire) wasn't doing too badly.

Currently on Vanessa

My own rearranged version of the Seventh Heaven album.
I replaced the overture with in the garden of sinners, added in the two interludes, replaced Oblivious with the Re/Oblivious remix, and swapped the studio versions of Aria, Mata Kaze, and Serenato with the live versions (because I think they're much better). I also added the finale from the Re/Oblivious EP in at the end.

Silly-Go-round instrumental

Am I the only one who enjoy listening to instrumental tracks composed by Yuki Kajiura? I always found something interesting in those instrumental tracks.

Am I the only one who enjoy listening to instrumental tracks composed by Yuki Kajiura? I always found something interesting in those instrumental tracks.
I enjoy them too! One of my favorites would be the instrumental for Kagayaku...

Np- FictionJunction- eternal blue (Live vol. #11)

Back