Wakana solo career

This is the song with the guy right? I remember being really surprised to discover that it wasn't being sung by a lady. In any case I appreciate this... different, "belt-ier" take on it. I was sort of expecting her to sound something like "where the lights are" assuming she wanted to sound like the original.

Yea, belt-(t)ier sounds about right. It's not bad if you're looking for something different.

Ahhhhh! I’m so excited! I honestly wasn’t expecting an album like this, but this is just such a delight!

Anyways, why’d they announce the Porco Rosso, Castle In The Sky, and Weathering With You songs, but not the Mononoke one? I’m assuming they’re gonna put it in anyways, but it’s still weird. Ah, who cares, WAKANA COVER ALBUM!!!!!!!!

Wakana Limited Edition B for 800yen on amazon.JP again.
Aki no Sakura also seems to be half off. 900 for regular, 1300 for DVD edition.

The track list:

01. Toki ni wa Mukashi no Hanashi wo (From “Porco Rosso”)
02. Yasashisa ni Tsutsumareta Nara (From “Kiki’s Delivery Service”)
03. Rain (From “The Garden of Words”)
04. Inochi no Namae (From “Spirited Away”)
05. Yatsura no Ashioto no Ballade (From “First Human Giatrus”)
06. Get Wild (From “City Hunter”)
07. Kaze no Toorimichi (From “My Neighbor Totoro”)
08. Kimi wo Nosete (From “Castle in the Sky”)
09: Ai ni dekiru koto wa mada aru kai (From “Weathering With You”)
10: Yume no Yukue (From “Doraemon: Nobita’s Dorabian Nights”)

Also, Mononoke Hime will not be on the album apparently.

Is it confirmed the album will be those piano versions?

PS. Wakana/Aki no sakura still cheap af on amazon.co.jp. 700 for Aki no sakura with DVD.

magic moment album is also going cheaper and cheaper on amazon for those who care. (2000 for the limited editions rn.)

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/VIZL-1830 not sure if it was announced here but there are two versions of the album: CD and CD+DVD which contains making of the album, Kimi wo nosete studio recording, and an MV.

CD + DVD:
1606283124566.jpeg

Regular:
1606283158131.jpeg

Thank goodness there are strings, I’m doubtful her voice alone could have carried this album with the piano

Back