Wakana solo career

Don't get me wrong, I wish success to what they're all doing, I just don't predict it going forward with the Wakana act. After all, it must cost a butt ton to do what they did.

She is still way better off than pauper Kaori who is basically sacrificing her life every time she shows off her latest eats on twitter, because of the low likelihood of being able to afford the treatments for the rather likely outcome of food poisoning from eating out so much. Go take some cooking lessons from master chef Yuki for crissake and learn to buy cheap vegetables as a way of life!

Kaori said in a tweet and blog that she didn't make any money on her birthday full band show. So... even with a couple hundred, it's tough.

I think the Kalafina fandom has fractured in to it's member component parts. Wakana is probably drawing from, at most, 1/2 of the fandom.
This is the most depressing thing I’ve read in this site.

She is still way better off than pauper Kaori who is basically sacrificing her life every time she shows off her latest eats on twitter, because of the low likelihood of being able to afford the treatments for the rather likely outcome of food poisoning from eating out so much. Go take some cooking lessons from master chef Yuki for crissake and learn to buy cheap vegetables as a way of life!
Getting off-topic for Wakana but Kaori Oda has mentioned her own cooking and as far as I know the rates of food poisoning in Japan are very low (and eating out in Japan is relatively common).

Finally I have my CD :love:
wakana.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that the one you went to? (Effort to scroll back one page. :p) I checked. Still, you might pop up in the documentary. ;p

Last edited by a moderator:
The limited Botanical edition looks an awful like a lot more money for the same thing (?)
People sign up for the limited chance to be further swindled, lawl.

I predict very fancy packaging, photography, and a hyper-edited voice eliminating the ever-present flat tones which are undoubtedly present.

Hot take: I actually love Toki o Koeru Yoru ni. Like, a lot. I find the tune pretty, the lyrics touching and the performance... I mean I've always thought that Wakana's singing could be described as "sounding like she's on the verge of tears", which is a perfect fit for this song. I dunno, I'm just an absolute sucker for music like this.

Also, not related to anything, but it looks like one of the composers/performers/somethings is Scandinavian. The name "Anders Dannvik" doesn't exactly sound very Japanese.

Most of it is a snoozefest, but I absolutely adore Ruriiro no Sora and Toki wo Koeru Yoru Ni. Tsubasa feels kinda 'Kajiura-esque', still boring tho

Not sure if I can afford the BD...

I mean I've always thought that Wakana's singing could be described as "sounding like she's on the verge of tears"

I have actually a similar impression, that's why I'm digging Wakana's Mizu no Akashi and Gaika a lot.. and still have (and intend to keep) this flickering wish to hear her singing other Gundam SEED-related insert songs like Fields of Hope and maybe Shinkai no Kodoku.

Back