Waiting for KnK: Fukan Fukei OST

grunty said:
Am I the only one who thinks there's going to be a BEST SELECTION CD (perhaps with new&longer mixes of tracks) after all movies are out?
If NHK didn't release a Sekai Satoyama Kikou OST, ufotable/aniplex won't release a CD like that.... Maybe... a Character Vocal Song Collection?? (hmm... not... Sakamoto x Kajiura?? XDD)

george1234 said:
hm I dont think we need them, these tracks are too short for someone to search for the lyrics the ones we may upload is track M01 and M12 + 13 but still...
Don't forget M04

Kazado said:
If NHK didn't release a Sekai Satoyama Kikou OST, ufotable/aniplex won't release a CD like that.... Maybe... a Character Vocal Song Collection?? (hmm... not... Sakamoto x Kajiura?? XDD)

Uh, I think you're missing something.

The NHK documentary (...) OST would be purely for Kajiura fans, while Kara no Kyoukai (as a whole) is generally popular. If they slapped a KnK logo and some original (Type Moon/Takeuchi) artwork on it, it would sell just because it's Kara no Kyoukai, not because it's Yuki Kajiura.

grunty said:
Kazado said:

Uh, I think you're missing something.

The NHK documentary (...) OST would be purely for Kajiura fans, while Kara no Kyoukai (as a whole) is generally popular. If they slapped a KnK logo and some original (Type Moon/Takeuchi) artwork on it, it would sell just because it's Kara no Kyoukai, not because it's Kajiura Yuki.
I'm disagree in the last part, why the soundtracks are released with the limited (more expensive) DVD...?

Kazado said:
I'm disagree in the last part, why the soundtracks are released with the limited (more expensive) DVD...?
I'm not sure what you're asking there, so if I misinterpreted forgive me. :comeback:

It was obvious they would have LIMITED EDITION versions of the movie DVDs to MILK THE FANS, so lets see what they could do with it (judging by other anime special editions)...

a) special dvd artwork (CHECK)
b) postcards/mini-poster (CHECK)
c) bonus DVD with extra features (would require spending money on creating the features and they are spending money on the other movies at the same time)
d) bonus CD with drama (pointless, drama CD was done some years earlier, also requires money)
e) bonus CD with soundtrack (easy to do, since music was already recorded, CHECK)
f) mousepad? lol...
g) cinema pamphlet reproduction (easy to do, CHECK)
h) hueg booklet
j) storyboards/groundworks (they are releasing those seperately)
i) I'm out of ideas...

So take into account that the limited edition artwork is done by the Type Moon artist (Takeuchi), add a CD (with tracks being exactly as they were used in the movie, so no re-recording is required, only re-mixing to stereo if they weren't already) to bump the price and you have a rather GOOD limited edition.

IMHO this is a good release strategy and I honestly think it's not a stretch to be expecting a BEST SELECTION soundtrack CD once everything is out.

Whether it actually comes out is another question (we'll find out :P), but saying it's not coming JUST BECAUSE A DOCUMENTARY OST never came out is a stretch. :P

grunty said:
h) hueg booklet

actually these two are CHECK as well XD ....
and another answer on your question Kazado - so that idiots like me will spent lots of money to get this OST.

Chibi

grunty said:
Kazado said:
I'm not sure what you're asking there, so if I misinterpreted forgive me. :comeback:

It was obvious they would have LIMITED EDITION versions of the movie DVDs to MILK THE FANS, so lets see what they could do with it (judging by other anime special editions)...

a) special dvd artwork (CHECK)
b) postcards/mini-poster (CHECK)
c) bonus DVD with extra features (would require spending money on creating the features and they are spending money on the other movies at the same time)
d) bonus CD with drama (pointless, drama CD was done some years earlier, also requires money)
e) bonus CD with soundtrack (easy to do, since music was already recorded, CHECK)
f) mousepad? lol...
g) cinema pamphlet reproduction (easy to do, CHECK)
h) hueg booklet
i) I'm out of ideas...

So take into account that the limited edition artwork is done by the Type Moon artist (Takeuchi), add a CD (with tracks being exactly as they were used in the movie, so no re-recording is required, only re-mixing to stereo if they weren't already) to bump the price and you have a rather GOOD limited edition.

IMHO this is a good release strategy and I honestly think it's not a stretch to be expecting a BEST SELECTION soundtrack CD once everything is out.

Whether it actually comes out is another question (we'll find out :P), but saying it's not coming JUST BECAUSE A DOCUMENTARY OST never came out is a stretch. :P
Oook, you're right... hmmm I have to say I'm a nasty-minded with Kara no Kyoukai x Yuki Kajiura XDD Just... I've uncomfortable with ufotable/aniplex XD Frontier Works did the same thing with ToS The Animation and I didn't matter but I'm not a ZIZZ Studio MEGA-FAN XD

At least we can hear all sounds of the movie... I'm remembering the Hokuto no Ken OST where is missing some tracks ¬_¬

Kazado said:
At least we can hear all sounds of the movie...

YES, INDEED. I am very happy about this release format. ^^

Kazado said:
I'm remembering the Hokuto no Ken OST where is missing some tracks ¬_¬

MADLAX, man... unreleased MADLAX stuff!! :desksweat:

george1234 said:
actually the unrelished Madlax stuff is one track with very nice piano by Yuki (I have recorded it from the anime)

Wait, uh, you think only one piano track was unreleased from MADLAX? Watch the show again... or check this thread.

Thanks

Other version of tracks already in the OST has Tsubasa chronicle too ( I remember a deferent version of A song of storm and fire in ep 8 or 9 of the 1st season (dont remember clearly)

about the Madlax piano track it was the only different that attracted my attention

Tsubasa chronicle only has 4 o 5 unreleased tracks, the rest, like a song of a storm and fire, is a stripped down song...

but MADLAX :comeback: The major anime of Kajiura with unreleased tracks :comeback: saints#2, places of the holy#2 lost command#2#3, nowhere#2, the piano tracks,... .... ..., By the way, the Elies vocals are really Kajiurago or Bee-trainago? XD

Tsubasa is a recordsman at the opposite: the last two Future Soundscapes have wonderful tracks that were... Neglected or turned down in the episodes... I really dislike musical direction in the 2nd season... Mashimo-san hidoi T_T
but it has unreleased tracks, too. Like the high-beat fighting track from one of the last episodes.

Tsubasa is a recordsman at the opposite: the last two Future Soundscapes have wonderful tracks that were... Neglected or turned down in the episodes.

oh yeah, i dont remember ever hearing "once upon a time there was you and me", "ring your song" or "optimistic"... or maybe those song were used, but since season 2 is soooooo horrible.... yeah :XD:

I really dislike musical direction in the 2nd season... Mashimo-san hidoi T_T

i know, the thing that bothered me the most was that they overused Aikoi, and even used it during parts that didnt even fit.

but it has unreleased tracks, too. Like the high-beat fighting track from one of the last episodes

omg, is there a rip of all the unreleased tracks!?

Back