Waiting for KnK: Fukan Fukei OST

I did as well^^
but dream on... TYPE-MOON, Kinoko Nasu's stories and Takashi Takeuchi's art is to storng and overpopularized. Since Shingetsutan Tsukihime they just went up. FSN and bunch of games, not to mention the novels before that and few dojin stuff.... sorry but i doubt many people bough DVD for OST only (and it was in Limited edition only... and who the fu*k would pay over 5,000 YEN for one CD even if its Kajiura's stuff, if not hardcore Fan? - now tell me how many of those can you find or know (counting off members on this forum)?).

Chibi

I agree with Chibi².
Japanese fans are different. It's a society of extreme consumption, not only for otaku stuff, and there's a lot of people in the fandom who would not hesitate to spend that much for a nice object, limited edition and all that stuff. I'm not sure it worked that well because of the OST, but i'm not surprised to see that so many persons bought it at that price. Think of the usual price of japanese DVD: it's fucking insanely expensive. And for TV series, there's like only 2 episode/dvd (well, the quality is for sure much better than US or european DVD), but still, it sells well. It's jut a matter of culture i think. It's naturally much more stronger in Japan than anywhere else in the world.

Well the first preorder version that i saw was 5,500 YEN (around there) (the usual normal DVD series is from 3,500-4,500 YEN) so i thought its really cheep since its limited edition where you get a bunch of stuff. But i changed my mind later so i spited the original order which made me reorder the same edition the second time but at lated date, and the price already went up for few 100 yens.... and now the cheapest i can find is "¥6,042" (its amazon and we know how that goes - full price is ¥7,875) as for second chapter.. well i'll get it for 5,500 since i preorderd it but the "regular" price atm is over 6,000 at some sites over 7,500 o.O

I won't claim that japanese don't mind sending so much money on this, but you do get enough of stuff with it to want it and since its meant for fans and obsessive collectors its bound to get sold out (even if they printed 100.000 copies they'll get sold out if they're not already - there is just to many people in Japan not to mention that foreigners are buying stuff like that as well -.-)

but on the end its mostly the "obsessive collectors" that makes one person to buy an item as expensive as that -.-;;

Chibi

Rather off-topic-ish. I don't suppose anyone knows where I can find an avi version of the film? MKV files types don't sit well with anything that isn't PC or a dvd player

You can use VSO X to DVD Converter to burn the mkv to a DVD without converting to other format and losing a little of quality, has worked for me.

I think I fixed my problem. I used...I think river past video cleaner. After installing, I think three codecs and updating quicktime, I was finally able to view the movie properly. As we speak, I'm burning my own spiffy, pretty copy onto DVD. <3

Can't wait till chapter 2 comes out.

I just got the OST now "blushes" It's really a different sound than we've heard before, IMO. It's really giving me the sensation that i'm living in a dream or some sort. She's definitely going for an award!

M09, M12 + 13 = :hearts:

Also, the songs are so short because she probably didn't have much time to work on the OST and did her best this way.

I don't believe they COULD have a proper title. It just leaves most things to our imagination. :dote:

And i love that she used a lot of sound effects that were present in the Tsubasa Chronicle OSTs too. (yes, the TC OST is my point of reference).

No the tracks arent small because she didnt had time but because they have the exact duration needed to fit in the film

Am I the only one who thinks there's going to be a BEST SELECTION CD (perhaps with new&longer mixes of tracks) after all movies are out?

well i'll tick "CD sound" option for merchandise 7 times... thats for sure, but if ill be teh only one that will not happen, though the movies are popular enough so i'll second you thoughts XD

Chibi

grunty said:
Am I the only one who thinks there's going to be a BEST SELECTION CD (perhaps with new&longer mixes of tracks) after all movies are out?

you're not alone!!!!! :sohappy:

ahhhh i hope there is :o especially since there was a choice on the survey card that came with the DVD that said something about OSTs...

If you need the kajiuran lyrics to M01 and M04 tell me. I wrote them down. XD Although M04 is...well...tricky. Also, M17's lyrics are almost identical to M01's ..so..i only wrote the difference. :)

hm I dont think we need them, these tracks are too short for someone to search for the lyrics the ones we may upload is track M01 and M12 + 13 but still...

Thanks for your work :D

No prob. If you need them, just ask. ;) any others you'd need romaji or kajiuran lyrics for? :)

Lets see... i have already done le portait de petit cossette and elemental gerad kajiuran tracks (there are just not uploaded yet) You can try searching for kajiuran tracks in Boogiepop, Eat-man, Blood the Last vampire and Dooble Cast

Yay, I've finally caught up! The album seems to present, if appropriate to say so, a "psychodelic" approach (no, let's not remember Jim Morrison here!). Another bright side of Yuki, plus her trademark features.
LOL I had been wondering if Yuki had for once turned down those gorgeous hi-beat/operatic tracks... until I heard M13 and was relieved. :D

I didn't hear anything like Kajiuran in Yuki's early works. Maybe she would stick to existent lamguages then (she mentioned that in Boogiebop she had used Italian for the first time).

Back