Voldemort songs that you secretly enjoy?

I also believe that calling Yoko "Voldemort" is a little bit disrespectful, imo she's more talented and overall a better musician than Yuki Kajiura is.
Yes i like them both, i have most of their music, i am in this forum (and i'm in all of Kanno's dedicated ones). But if i have to be objective as a musician myself and as a fan, Yoko Kanno is more of a virtuoso, her music is bound-less while as Kajiura has to me more of a generic sound. Anyways this is what i think and in no way i depreciate Yuki Kajiura's music, i do consider myself a fan of hers. But no one should ever be ashamed of liking Yoko Kanno's music, she is one if not the best composer that japan has given to the world.

Ahem. Getting back on topic about songs enjoyed. I'm not as familiar with Yoko Kanno's work (not to say I won't be soon enough), but from what I have heard thus far, it's outstanding! I remember when I first saw Cowboy Bebop, what stood out for me from the very beginning are the songs. I absolutely love the OST! Through this thread I'm finding out some recommendations, so that's great. =)

Re: Re:

@mint : I remember I have read it from a link in fj.be
try to look at the first few pages of this thread? maybe it is gone too.

this thread is 2 years old, i think we've grown up since then >_>
lets let this one die and create a yoko kanno appreciation thread

and btw that article is by the answer man on anime news network (zac bwatshisfsace) and i don't even want to look for it @_@

Well. I just read that article and what he said was indeed pretty harsh but it really shouldn't influence this forum since:
1. He's not a member and most likely never will be.
2. You all (try) to be better than that.

This just reminds me of when I was younger and I stated my opinion on the forum when the Yoko Kanno vs. Yuki Kajiura poll was active. I got flamed. :/ Well. This basically means Kanno fans on ANN are as rabid as the Kajiura fans on CPMe. o3o

Well... fan-boyism/fan-girlism are all like that. Not limited only to music but also other areas as well. It becomes an understand-able thing.

I'm going through a bunch of Maaya Sakamoto's early albums. I definitely like what I hear. :dote: Getuyou no Asa almost sounds like a harbinger for GitS SAC. :XD:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
I'm going through a bunch of Maaya Sakamoto's early albums. I definitely like what I hear. :dote: Getuyou no Asa almost sounds like a harbinger for GitS SAC. :XD:

Try Easy listening album I love it :nosebleed:

Sakamoto Maaya English very :nophoto:
now falling in love with Maaya -san song "Cloud 9" & "Hello"
An Marina (from Insert song Angels Beats) - My Song (Girls Dead Monster) :dote:

If by 'Voldemort' we mean Kanno Yoko (which is honestly a little unfair to the woman), I actually like her work a lot. Not as much as Yuki's, but the woman's undeniably very talented.

that's been discussed much - the title never meant to make Yoko look evil but rather mock the "never pronounce her name" trend in response to excessively conservative Kanno fans. Unlike the author of that often mentioned article, we Kajiura adepts are more tolerant about her work. She DOES have plenty of talent, and I can't but praise her diversity. She's in the same league as Yuki to me, but somehow I don't listen to her as much as to Yuki. It's all about the degree of subconcious liking, I guess. :XD:
anyway, the Voldemort joke seems to have expired. For all I know, it might be time we rename the topic/make a new one to stop confusing newcomers. Regardless of comparisons to Yuki, Yoko Kanno is a really good composer in herself. :sparkleguy:

What is this article that I keeping hearing about and what's so horrid about it?

I could never find it. But according to the talks, it was an outstanding case of uncompromisable music tastes. :ohoho:

this forum really has some amusing threads buried deep. I'm not gonna say anything except I love reading through this thread.

I couldn't understand why someone would make a Harry Potter soundtrack thread, so had to click on it!

As an aside: forum communities can be funny things sometimes. At another site I post on regularly, one of the admins tweaked the forum's swear filter...except not for swear words. Every time someone types 'Nickelback' in a thread, the word gets replaced by something random and innocuous instead. Because, presumably, that's the only unmentionable word over there. :ohoho: Conversely, Kate Bush's name gets automatically converted into ALL CAPS whenever it's typed, because one of the moderators is a fan. Which is fair enough!

Back