The ridiculously random postings thread!

^The one that accompanied the girls during their early lives, such as closed premium live and live 2009 storia.

Apparently Korg are bringing out a guitar effect called a 'Mikustomp'. Bizarrely, it is what it sounds like: something that makes your guitar (or any other instrument I guess) sound like the Vocaloid Hatsune Miku.

YT vid

Miku's 'voice' usually sounds like a robotic chipmunk to my ears, but this looks like a clever little gadget. I'm sort of tempted to save up for one and find a use for it... :ayashii:

*pats Casa* That's how I felt this last week, this week has been better. But I realized I need to change, and for the better. I really want to find a job, and has had a hard time with it. I am starting PT for my back this week and kind of nervous since it's more rigorous than previous ones. *sigh*

Anyways, listening to old music again. Yellowcard, Relient K, switchfoot. All really good bands. Also been listening to a lot of Within Temptation, since I might be going to their concert on Oct. 1st. I really hope I get to go.

So recently I've just started checking out Hiroyuki Sawano's work, and it's really epic/awesome and all that, but how the heck do those titles work? In my head I'm just thinking -

Hiroyuki Sawano Song-Naming Process:
fSV89.gif

:XD: *is harpooned by HS fans* :punched: :blood: :ohoho:

^It really really does. I think maybe it's a sampled music because in the episode of Emma, an anime, they played something similar, during an Arabian prince's entrance. I was almost like 'that's the exact same song!' and started to not listen to the song again, Yuki's I mean. But it kept coming during when I had my playlist on shuffle. heh Gotta watch that show again. But I kind of hated it for using a song similar to Yuki's. And sometimes docs and other things use her music before, right? I just recently read someone heard one of her songs in one.

I heard the exact same music during an historical documentary too! Either 1. the song 'Undertow' has been licenced for use by some educational TV production company, or 2. there's a traditional melody that's well-known and was incorporated into the song.

It's definitely not the same programme I watched. That was on the history of the Ottoman empire iirc. I was on a long plane flight and wanted something to stop me getting bored! It does have a 'middle eastern' sound to it, so I suspect it's an old (as in, not copyrighted!) tune that was sampled or arranged to fit the soundtrack.

I really do love the Cossette OST though!

I swear, Yuanie Dumpling, you've ballooned since your first birthday!

What have the keepers been feeding you?

Had to laugh at this quote: "It's only been 2 weeks since I last saw Yuanzai but it feels like 2 years."

I have a history essay due tomorrow night and I still haven't written it...
on a different note, I found another Ai Otsuka song that I love, Renai Shushin.
EDIT: and now that list is much longer. Thank you, youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a B+ on the essay!!! He said it was well written and well argued :touched: though I'm pretty sure it was a B and not an A because it was supposed to rely more on a film we had just watched, and I relied more on the book we had just read...oh well. I knew I wasn't including enough from the film, but I couldn't figure out how else to incorporate it. Still, a B+ for a 400-level history class when I'm just a freshman, I'm so relieved! :sohappy:

on a different note, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO SAY LARGE NUMBERS IN JAPANESE

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss Kalafina... :comeback: Paris meeting was... I don't have any words to tell clearly my feelings. :love:

Yk live vol# 11 released next week.
I can't wait ! :kungfu:

^ ... Yes. Me too... :rain:
But their voice are still beautiful, so I'll never stop listening to them !

Reactions: aki
I don't know, I thought they had energy in Consolation live, just not as much as say the After Eden one, plus that one had different outfits and things like for Kagayaku, which I liked a lot. I love how Wakana dances in some of the Vol 11 songs on the digest video. (By the way, why is it called a digest? I would think it would just be called a preview video? (When I first saw the word I thought of Golf's Digest, which my grandpa always used to read heh)) Ugh, I can't wait for next week, and then the following I go to Within Temptation!!!! So beyond excited.

My Twitter timeline has been going crazy over the last few weeks about the Scotland referendum. I'm not sure whether it's because I already live quite far north in England or whether it's because I have so many friends and contacts across the border, but I've never seen so many ordinary people talking about politics before. It's turned into something quite exciting...the votes are split almost 50/50 and I won't know whether 'visiting Endinburgh' will become 'a holiday abroad' in the future or not until tomorrow morning.

The only Scotland residents who don't seem to care about independence are the Edinburgh Zoo pandas: like Adelaide's, they're not even doing much for their own species right now! :ohoho:

Back