Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Do remember that some people were complaining before that the reason why her music wasnt as good as before is that she's composing for shows that have male MC instead of female - or something like that.Bercouli.
I'm one who aren't on that side. I think I've heard sth. like that for the first time during Fate/Zero era, heavily compared to KnK from the same universe with female lead, but I think it's just a matter of style. I still like osts from Hokuto no Ken and Fate/Zero.

And to make this argument sounds more invalid, Tsubasa Chronicle also has mainly male protagonists. You may argue that Sakura is there as well, but most of outstanding songs in the show belong to male characters.

And so far the best themes were for the female characters: Luminus sword (Asuna), You' re not Alone (Yuuki) She was sitting... (Alice) with few exceptions like Bercouli.
I'd like to add Sinon's She has to overcome her fear to this list..lol.

I think i was the one who said that (Kajiura's recent works don't sound as good because they're mostly for male heavy shows or mostly have male protagonists). And by recent I meant almost anything post KnK.

Tsubasa and Hokuto no Ken are out of question because they're from 2005 duh. Moot points.

I still stand by this point btw. I remember Wakana once said that the main charm of Kajiura's works for her is how feminine they sound and I'm inclined to agree. With female heavy shows she tends to put her musics in the perspective of the characters instead of the bird eye view approach she tends to do for almost all the shows she's doing now. We can argue that Knk soundtrack in general was composed with this bird eye view as well but the best songs from the show are the personal characters songs that mostly shows the characters psyche, like Shiki and Fujino. Plus KnK soundtrack is basically a collection of variation of Shiki's theme anyway.

Tldr: Kajiura's works for female heavy shows tend to be more personal and composed well to the characters, that's why they sound better and more personal to me.

Hokuto no Ken was Mar 2006-Oct 2008.
Kara no Kyoukai was Jan 2007-Aug 2009.
Not that far off and done with an overlap.

I disagree with it regardless, but don't know why you would split after KNK (but then also use it as an example) for a thesis that "OSTs for male heavy shows aren't as good as for the female ones". You cut off over half of Kajiura's discography from it.

You now only have
Madoka Magica(not-Iwanami), PriPri and I guess Heaven's Feel
vs
Pandora Hearts(not-Iwanami, also pre-last KNK), Fate/Zero, SAO (on/off for 8 years now), ERASED, Zaregoto(not-Iwanami), El Melloi(not-Iwanami)
There's LORD and Demon Slayer for the 15min medley, too, I guess.

And... I just don't see the female-driven-shows=better/male=worse correlation but if thinking that works for you...

I wonder if this Progressive movie will boost the chances of a standalone Alicization Music Collection getting released as a tie-in. One can hope.

Reactions: aki
Yes, george. It was already confirmed to be a movie in the posts linked here last week. You even liked my post commenting on it. :p

SAO fans are expecting a movie series (I don't know why considering the snail pace the novels are going at) but for now there's only one. "Sword Art Online the Movie: The Aria of the Night Without Stars" per ANN translation.

There

01. together we are awesome (1m48s)
02. we meet, we part (1m56s)
03. Dee Eye Ell (2m12s)
04. mind and will (1m35s)
05. your soul is bitter and sweet (2m46s)
06. death angel (2m41s)
07. time limit (1m56s)
08. another world, another danger (2m10s)
09. now the time has come (1m23s)
10. Vassago -his revenge (1m51s)
11. Vassago (2m29s)
12. bloodshed (2m09s)
13. our war of misery (1m44s)
14. Vassago -his past (1m56s)
15. luminous sword in the sky (2m05s)
16. Alice -her anxiety (1m38s)
17. the final war (2m11s)
18. they come attacking us (1m52s)
19. they're coming! (1m48s)
20. Shasta -night ver. (1m48s)
21. good old friends (1m45s)
22. Sheyta Synthesis Twelve (2m53s)
23. called to arms (2m01s)
24. Iskahn (2m29s)
25. you too are human (1m40s)
26. for the person you love (1m42s)
27. once there was a land of sword (2m02s)
28. Shining in the worlds (5m44s)
29. Shining in the worlds (instrumental) (5m44s)

Thanks ! Where did you find it ? :D

Looks like someone was lazy again writting the titles. Having 2 titles with "come" one after another.
"Together we're awesome" > Next ost will have a "together we kick asses" kind of title, the way this is escalating.
Why is Vassago's revenge before his theme ? lol
Excited for Shasta night ver since the first Shasta was pretty good, violin-wise.

Death angel - subtilizer theme ?
Luminous sword in the sky - stacia Asuna theme ?
Once there was a land of sword - last Tokyo konsei track ? (Although it could be a calm nostalgic track judging by the title)

any unreleased music do you think? also anything to look forward to?
Probably not. If anything it'll have tracks not used in the series.
I remember a few. The Remi track is haunting as fuark and delicious. There's a kewl evil sax track... or were there two? The track with uilleann pipes.

Back