Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

^ yea but that one was used in 2-3 times in previous episodes, so it was probably the scene that gave you the chills :)

well if the building is a tall one, or the elevator is old it will take 30 seconds for the elevator to go up XD

^Well yeah, but they could have cut some of it out, like they do for most things, unless they add elevator music, which they kind of did with Yuki's music. heh Yuki should make elevator music, I think she would be good at it and it would be waaay better than the stuff I hear now, I mean for shows and things.

You always see those movies though with music in the hotel elevators, and I think the one at the Aloft where I stayed in Chicago, to see Kalafina, had music, but sometimes you could barely hear it because of all the people that were talking. (That was a weird elevator too, it had weird lights that made the floor look like it was moving...) Anyways... looking forward to next Sat.

In the episode previews they use this music > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mld4rmjnS0 it has a bit bigger part that it had in one of the PVs.

found ep 9 raw on nyan. I will soon post musics list :)

Episode 9 (Subs here)

Musics
---------

- new bgm with beat and something that sounds like e.guitarish sounds
OP
- death gun theme bgm (old)
- sfx (old)
silence
- swordland arrangement with flute (old)
- bgm with accousti piano and electr sounds (old)
- piano bgm (old)
- bgm with elect sounds & percussion (old)
- silence
- bgm with sfx e.guitar and beat (new)
- silence
- bgm with strings beat (old)
- the other death gun theme

I think that at this point all bgms of the ost except 3-4 have been used.
so I can characterise the ost as disco-like/electronic with some strings/horn = epic and some piano pieces, there are also 2 REMI tracks, and 2 swordland arrangements, the flute and drums one, and the rockish one.

The episode with the most interesting music so far was the one with the desperado game.

also sites list the anime to have 24 episodes, hmm... so I guess they will do Mother Rosario as well ?

[EDIT]

http://www.swordart-online.net/package/2_vol3.html

「ソードアート・オンラインⅡ」第3巻
2014年12月24日(水) 発売

Blu-ray完全生産限定版 ¥7,800+税 ANZX-11125~11126
DVD完全生産限定版 ¥6,800+税 ANZB-11125~11126

■収録話
第7話「紅の記憶」
第8話「バレット・オブ・バレッツ」
第9話「デス・ガン」

■完全生産限定版特典
★キャラクターデザイン:足立慎吾描き下ろしジャケット仕様
★特典CD(「Original Soundtrack vol.1」収録)
★特製ブックレット(16P)
★特典映像
・川原礫黙認「そーどあーと・おふらいん つー」その3
※SDキャラ達によるキャラクターコメンタリー映像
★オーディオコメンタリー収録

DVD通常版も同時発売
¥5,800+税 ANSB-11125

Last edited:
Have not watched it yet, waiting for tomorrow with my brother. But yeah, there have been a lot more silence scenes I think than the other season. I am sad that it's only 12 episodes, as it seems to be going fast. Maybe there will be a movie for the extra stuff someone was talking about? That would be cool, with new music please?

Read the whole post lol I said "also sites (ANN) list the anime to have 24 episodes, hmm... so I guess they will do Mother Rosario as well ?"

Mother Rosario is an Asuna centric arc and Kirito just slacks off.

^Since we do see Asuna and the others in ALO watching Kirito and stuff, maybe it will be what they were doing while he was in the game? That was a little strange that they could watch it from another game. heh I guess, with that technology.

^ No its after the events of this arc. Its not menthioned extensively but at the end of the previous season, Kayaba gave Kirito "The Seed" which is practically the source code he used to make SAO and from that many more games were developed by alot of companies worldwide, and GGO is one of them. It seems that since its virtual reality you are a ble to watch a tournament of one game while being at an other game, that thing is still sorta available even today, since I remember hearing that in Sony's virtual game "Playstation Home" you could watch real life streaming and stuff, the only thing we still dont have is the 3D VR which wont be late XD

For those interested there is an english Abridged version of SAO here, still 4 episodes though
(abridged is when they take the episodes, and voice-over their own, funny text / edit the screen a bit. Yu-gi-oh and Dragon ball have pretty long ones)

Last edited:
Episode 10 with SUBS

Music

- new dark cello and violin with synch percussion BGM
OP
- old sfx
e.guitar bgm (old)
- sfx (new?)
- bgm with strings and beat (old)
- new bgm with strings (starts 6:25)
silence
-sfx (old)
- shinon piano theme (old)
- new sfx with blinging sounds
- cello bgm (old with new part ?)
- new (heavy) piano bgm
- 2 BGMs from season 1 OST (at our parting, and confront battle)
ED

The first bgm is really worth listening :)

Last edited:
^i interested in the spin off. Kino's journey is one of ny favorite anime ever so I have faith the author could do something interesting with SAO's world. Plus, Kirito won't be in it.

EPISODE 12

Musics

- old bgm with accoustic piano
OP
- sfx with blinging sounds (old)
- bgm with blinging sounds - other (old)
- sfx from season 1
- bgm with stringsand beat (old)
- bgm with beat and electronic sounds (old)
- sfx
- a narrow escape (Remi bgm from season 1)
- death gun theme bgm (old)
- sfx from season 1
- bgm with horns and strings (old) (Full track played)
- bgm with strings drums eguitar etc (old) (Full track)
ED

Comments:
1. WHY THE HELL DO THEY USE SEASON 1 BGM on GGO scenes ??? Did Kajiura seriously made only 1 new vocal bgm ?! :blood::voodoo:
2. With so much concentration, Kirito is going to reach Nirvana inside the game :XD:

3. At this rate only 1-2 track can possibly remain unused, since for at least 4 episodes now they keep recycling the same musics , and even at climax scenes they use old musics either from S1 or previously used from this one. :rain:

Last edited:
sora: I love Kino's Journey too! My friend and I watched it a lot when she used to live closer. This sounds interesting.

I saw the manga of Fairy Dance at a store but I did not like the artist very much. I might get it later on though, or ask for it for xmas.

George: I know, it infuriates me too that she did not write more music, though she was doing Hanako too, so maybe it was too much. Though, then they could have just used all the old music.

Liana: I don't think the track list is up to Yuki. Based on her interviews, she gets orders of music from the sound director and from there she begins composing. In the past, or at least with Bee Train, Mashimo gave her complete creative control. So I guess it just depends on the person in charge of music.

^ Yes it was like that in Bee-train anime, but I think since KnK the process has kind of changed afaik. They give her the plot and also some guidelines like "I want a track like this to fit from this part of the scene till there" - that's how tracks like "the begging of the end" were made, but maybe she's given more freedom for the non scene-specific tracks.

Back