Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

@joel: So you mean you liked only the Remi tracks in the previous soundtrack ? :knife:

@all that said it was boring: I believe that the main reason you found it boring was the lack of vocal tracks. However there were alot of fights in the anime where the direcot could ask for new musics, but he decided to go with the old ost 1 battle bgm (he especially loved "swordland" and "close battle", using the later at almost every episode), so I believe that its not Yuki that's not inspired, but what the director asked her to do, and since so far the only soundtrack with no vocals at all is Achilles to Kame, I believe that she wanted to use in this ost too, but the guy didnt let her. The music still fits the anime.

I find the anime was in many parts rushed, as in season 1 they inserted the side stories as normal episodes (Silica (1 ep) , Sachi (2 eps), Lizbeth (2 eps)), and developed the main story in practically only 8 episodes, which was of course not enough to get to know the story and the characters. In season two like I said they skipped 1 whole chapter. Combined with the strange use of musics (remember in first episodes that some bgm were used only for a few seconds, in the 2nd Yui ep when she was killing the boss there was no music at all, and vocal parts of "first town", keyboard part of "fight" and the guitar of "confront battle" were skipped completely) and the irritatingly shortened battles, make this a lame adaption. They really should get a different director if they decide to continue.

So you mean you liked only the Remi tracks in the previous soundtrack?

Yes. I have been indirectly pointing that out from most of my posts in this thread. :XD:

Which is totally reasonable (for me) because I can't truly LIKE the following tracks: "feel uneasy", "quiet strain", "no way", "weird place", "taut nerves", "a strategy meeting" and the likes. :anger:

I really miss her old osts like tsubasa where every song is worth listening to.
Well, this is just my opinion though. I'm pretty sure others are elated to listen to SFXs (ost 1) :tea:

^ Well the same thing happened with Fate/Zero OST 1, all SFX tracks where in the first. However in ost 1 of SAO there were more tracks, worth listening: "confront battle", "fight", "March down", "He rules us". You didnt like those;

I miss non-SFX OSTs too, but I guess its Sony's tactic, she started releasing those since KnK. And at the same time the OSTs started coming out along with the DVD/BDs.

I believe that the main reason you found it boring was the lack of vocal tracks.

.hack//sign had a lot of vocal tracks but I still find it boring BECAUSE I still haven't watch the series plus the FICTION version of the highlight vocal songs are better.

MADLAX had a lot of vocal tracks too but the ones I like weren't released :XD:

irritatingly shortened battles
This :knife:

"confront battle", "fight", "March down", "He rules us". You didnt like those;
I listen to those too but then, I'd chose painful #2 over fight and you are my king over he rules us.

yknow I'm really bothered with Yuki's decision to scrapped off some supposedly F/Z bgms.

Re:

joel_jman said:
I listen to those too but then, I'd chose painful #2 over fight and you are my king over he rules us.

yknow I'm really bothered with Yuki's decision to scrapped off some supposedly F/Z bgms.

Ι like all 4 tracks (painful 2/fight | you are my king/he rules us) after all they're not the same, the first two have just the same idea of fast piano play (not similar melody) and the other two have only 3 secs similarity.

But "fight with a devil" was definetely a FZ leftover.

@all that said it was boring: I believe that the main reason you found it boring was the lack of vocal tracks.

Not really. I really like Achilles to Kame, and it doesn't have any songs. I just find this OST really dull.

Thanks Phantomus for that! :ayashii:

I have listened to all the tracks, and I definitely agree that the OST 1 is better, and yet I do not know how to rate OST 2 in words. I believe it's because of the lack of REMI tracks on this one. However, I find some tracks worth noting to, especially <aerial flight> and <dance with me>.

Right now I'm enjoying <got to win> and <a new world of fairies>, but it looks like that this is quite different from what was played in the anime (e.g. notes are a little different in the OST compared when played in the anime - refer to near end of episode 23, where <got to win> is played.)

I like the notes played, or I think the arrangement, in the anime version better... and <fight with a devil> reminds me of the battle to the strong, lol.

i'm actually pretty sure that the paces in some of the songs were different.
i am disappointed about the OST having no REMI tracks...

the review from me..

critical phase: the guitar and strings in the beginning were very nice but at the strings towards the end remind me of battleland from Xenosaga and that i don't like.
victory: the brass should not be synth!! otherwise it captures the feeling of victory.
a new world of fairies: nice cool strings and drums. classic, it works. i like it:)
fly higher and higher: i like the sense of freedom in this song. it's cool Kajiura style.
in time of peace: it really does give the feeling of peace. i think i can like it though the flute seems bit generic. there could be REMI's voice here.
i abhor tracks like fly, if you can. skip.
fight with a devil is quite fresh but i wouldn't listen to it so much i think.
climbing up a tree is good.
got to win: the pace feels wrong. i like these kinds of songs so it's cool for me.
aerial fight: better than got to win. i imagined a REMI part in this song.
false king: it's the only vocal track on the CD and it fails miserably in my opinion. the melody and ambiance are ok but Tokyo Konsei's voices are eaten up so to speak.
last flight: another cool song.
dance with me: i think it's really good. but its pace feels slow too.
town in the morning is a calming song but nothing special about it. the piano tracks though not bad, didn't stand as anything new.

i prefer ost1 i think, again because of REMI but i didn't find the ost2 boring that much. although i think ost1 has way more filler tracks than ost2.

^ "false king" has the chorus more filtered than the anime broadcast in which was faster and clearer. It now sounds as if you listen to a radio show (low quality). Who had the "brilliant" idea to slow down some of the tracks? :uh..:

i have no idea. i am seriously wishing to blame it on the rip in the end though i appreciate it, Liana! i guess nothing would change anyway. i checked other websites and still nothing.

Um...is it just me or is sorrowfully from OST 2 the exact same track as At Our Parting from OST 1? O_O :XD:

Thanks very much for the rip, Lianaaa~! :chuu: :sohappy:

^ LOL, it is! Maybe Yuki started suffering from Alchheimer? :XD: because its the first time this happens between OSTs of the same anime :(

Now I guess everyone find out that released ost are too slow in comparision of Anime episode ost... :uh..: :uh..:

What I have done is that I make them fast...and they exactly fit according to anime.....if I listen the slow ost ....it seems like quite boring. ..because I can't find power and temperature in the ost ..I guess its because the released company .took decision to release them as a slow.....its not the fault of Rip or extracting. .....

No George1234 not by audacity..I use Wavepad NCH sound editor....and I just raised the both speed/pitch at 105 ..means only 5% I increased it...and after hearing them they are not so boring. ..I find out too much cool. ...... :sohappy:

Wow I just tried with "false king" and now it sounds normal (and I can properly here the kajiurago now)! Thank you so much! I will make a folder with sped up ost 2 :sohappy:

Damn it, it looks like I reached some sort of limit and it doesnt allow me to save the rest of the tracks ( Iwas still at #13 :uh..: )

Back