Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Reading your comments, I think my point of view is because Yuki is working with the same girls as Sawano lol (FictionJunction feat. Tielle or Gemie <3)

But she did release alot of songs with Aimer without any FictionJuction or feat before her name.

I think its pointless to try to guess unless we ask her directly somehow.

I meant failed in terms of sales ^^;
FJ KAORI's songs were never released anywhere outside soundtracks before the 4-girls fictionjuction begun, so its a different story

Calling was a song for the solo artist Kaori Oda. Same as the one she now made for Yuriko.
Dude... No.
If you can say that, then why can't you also say Homura, Akeboshi and Shirogane were made for solo artist LiSA?
You have to give it some made up "miserable failure" context? Pfft.

But i think its partly wrong since according to the discography section of this page the first single was Hitomi no Kakera and later inside your heart and even the Akatsuki one doesnt have "featuring" on its coverart ^^;
The chronology is

2003.06.21 MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM SEED SUIT CD vol.4 MIGUEL × NICOL
(with "Akatsuki no Kuruma" by "FictionJunction featuring YUUKA", and no backing vocals on the karaoke version)

2004.05.08 "Hitomi no Kakera" by "FictionJunction YUUKA" (which was the debut single)
2004.09.22 "Akatsuki no Kuruma" by "FictionJunction YUUKA" (third single)

Attachments

• 07crop.jpg
    07crop.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 97
Sorry for getting back to it so much later. I was in the middle of writing a long ass post going through all FJ releases and then lost conviction in my own train of thought, lol. Had to walk the dog and then had this completely different thought.

How about this
Perhaps we were wrong in treating any of the old FictionJunction projects as "units"? (Or they were also wrong doing so or confusingly crediting stuff.)

Yep, but it’s look like that project was so fixed to certain artists. Now we could get something like a single featuring 2 artists. In fact, we are getting a full album.
Weren't we in fact technically getting that since Parallel Hearts?

Cover:
Parallel Hearts {logo} FictionJunction
Yuki Kajiura + Kaori, Keiko, Wakana, Yuriko Kaida
coupling with
Hitomi no Chikara
Yuki Kajiura + Yuuka

Back:
1. Parallel Hearts
Vocal: KAORI / KEIKO / WAKANA / YURIKO KAIDA
2. Hitomi no Chikara
Vocal: YUUKA

Code:
https://media.vgm.io/albums/73/23037/23037-1294281031.jpg

Yes, everything is under one FictionJunction banner with different singers.

But so is "Everlasting Songs" to make things confusing. And it features old songs that were originally credited to "FictionJunction SINGER" under a single FictionJunction banner ("Yuki Kajiura + Yuuka, Kaori, Keiko, Wakana, Yuriko Kaida and Asuka") while crediting singers in the booklet.

But does that make dream scape still a "FictionJunction KAORI" song or just FictionJunction with KAORI on vocal?

:vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex::vortex:

We'll see how this 3rd album tackles it. We know it will feature different singers. How is it different than what we already got?

Last edited:
i know marketing/naming is a thing but I think it's more about packaging and artistic reasons instead of monetary reasons.

It's like saying "this album should shine on us both equally, but I am the one that's major mediator of this artistic work so = junctioning the fictions=" as opposed to Lisa having akeboshi and let her have the shine because all the composing.arranging/lyrics are from Kajiura... that was a decision most likely depending on not just Kajiura but everyone else since the artist is "Lisa". they wanted the artist to be just Lisa. calling from kaori lists another composer so someone else was involved in the junctioning. anywaaay what I think I am trying to....

I don't really think about these things ... i'm making the sh*t up for fun. but at least I'm being humble about it, looking at you george xD

from wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FictionJunction "Kajiura does not consider the group to have "members". At Anime Expo 2012, she said: "To be honest, FictionJunction is not a 'group.' FictionJunction is just me. Well, actually, it depends on the music and the song. We have gathered several members and singers from everywhere. We don't have 'member' members. I *am* FictionJunction. But I am 'collecting' all the singers that are powerful and worthy to be in this group. They are true professionals, each individual here. I respect them, and I do look up to them. They have the most beautiful voices, and that's how they're selected."[2]"

:"well actually it depends on the music and the song" hehe even Kajiura says it depends :vortex:

Last edited:
It's all just for shits and giggles. v( ' ')v
Maybe not even Kajiura or SpaceCraft/Mori or Victor Entertainment/Flying Dog/NozaP knew what they were doing with it across the years, lol.

Edit: Oh.
from wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FictionJunction "Kajiura does not consider the group to have "members". At Anime Expo 2012, she said: "To be honest, FictionJunction is not a 'group.' FictionJunction is just me. Well, actually, it depends on the music and the song. We have gathered several members and singers from everywhere. We don't have 'member' members. I *am* FictionJunction. But I am 'collecting' all the singers that are powerful and worthy to be in this group. They are true professionals, each individual here. I respect them, and I do look up to them. They have the most beautiful voices, and that's how they're selected."[2]"

And there it is. We all knew it I guess - it's just too bad it's not clear from credits on releases and other technicalities. And ever changing ones at that.

In my posts I was mostly trying to counter @Azokad 's "recycling FJ into a Sawano-type project" comment. ;p

By the way I did take out my Everlasting Songs for this and yegads - "Gin no Hashi"'s still got it. The whole album is still mad solid.

Last edited:
Reading your comments, I think my point of view is because Yuki is working with the same girls as Sawano lol (FictionJunction feat. Tielle or Gemie <3)
Yuki has worked with Sayuri before him

He's not worked with shuri yet. Has he?
He* hasn't worked with like 80% of people Kajiura has worked for so wtf? (Alright you’re talking about FictionJunction but) Eir Aoi, Luna Haruna, JUNNA, KOKIA...

Come on, Kajiura was here when Sawano was still suckling his mother lol

Last edited:
I used to think that maybe "FJ Feat" was used whenever Kajiura was given the freedom to choose the singer. So like, for Kimetsu she was asked to write the ED and she chose LiSA to sing it. And then for the movie, LiSA was selected to sing the ED and Kajiura to compose it, so it wasn't "FJ Feat", but LiSA with Kajiura as composer. Same with Aimer, ASCA, and JUNNA.
BUT NOW, I kinda doubt Kajiura chose Aoi Eir, Reona, and ASCA for a single song...

I used to think that maybe "FJ Feat" was used whenever Kajiura was given the freedom to choose the singer. So like, for Kimetsu she was asked to write the ED and she chose LiSA to sing it. And then for the movie, LiSA was selected to sing the ED and Kajiura to compose it, so it wasn't "FJ Feat", but LiSA with Kajiura as composer. Same with Aimer, ASCA, and JUNNA.
BUT NOW, I kinda doubt Kajiura chose Aoi Eir, Reona, and ASCA for a single song...
What if it's the complete opposite? Whenever Kajiura is the one being asked to compose/write for someone, she goes "Okay but we're putting my name on it front and center, too and I get to use the song, too."
I know it goes a little against what's quoted up above and it gives Kajiura a lot of power but it ?kinda makes sense?

But then we have LiSA interviews apparently saying she asked Kajiura for a ballad Re: Homura, lol.
https://forum.canta-per-me.net/thre...wordsmith-village-arc-anime.10161/post-323278

Nevermind... Maybe we shouldn't try to make sense of it, lol.

Last edited:
Well, in regards with the naming YK use FJ in the past is for simplicity I guess.

I guess adding the "feat" + vocal now is for marketing reasons... I guess... It's SME afterall 🤣 It's like.. "cool ReoNa and Eir sang this song, must buy it" something like that

Also, it will benefit YK and the FJ name as well I guess Kajiura doesn't want to repeat history.. i.e. spacecraft took the Kalafina as their own property

Meanwhile where is the song?
July 7 for the exact anniversary date … or November after the event ? (worst scenario that would mean a very late album release)

They sure couldnt come up with a more inspired cover than that 😅 Are they going to follow the same pattern on all the other movies ? Player Klein Lizbeth Silica Sinon etc ?

Back