Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

Cool.
Sounds like an amalgamation of SAO/Kajiura songs alright. The post-swordland part of the refrain sounds a little too karaokeish.

But an event in November?
What if it features a live portion like Sing All Overtures and they release it as a Limited Edition with Alicization Music Collection?
Am I asking for too much? Possibly but I still want that Music Collection. ;p

Also some more details for OST
sao-p.net/music/

劇場版 ソードアート・オンライン -プログレッシブ-
冥き夕闇のスケルツォ Original Soundtrack
【初回仕様限定盤】
2022.9.9 fri Release
SVWC-70591 / 価格:3,300円(税込)

Edit:
From the newspost, 39 tracks. Tentatively.
収録内容:39曲(仮)

Last edited:
So that's the reason she doesn't have any summer anime this year she busy busy making songs lol
and holy sht sao really giving all to Kajiura I'm really glad she had this franchise no matter how I whine every anime release lmao.

Really love the song btw who started the swordland part? that's some powerful vocal delivery I'm not used to that Kajiura lmao bless + Aoi Eir low tones nc

Isn't the "and more" for the Event, rather than an original music project? @Justisamuel @Nightmare

The top of that PV screen with singers says フルダイブ出演 ARTISTS. "Full Dive" being the memorial event.
The event site lists the 3 singers as ■出演アーティスト ("Performing artists" as per google).
https://sao10th.net/event/

Isn't the "and more" for the Event, rather than an original music project? @Justisamuel @Nightmare

The top of that PV screen with singers says フルダイブ出演 ARTISTS. "Full Dive" being the memorial event.
The event site lists the 3 singers as ■出演アーティスト ("Performing artists" as per google).
https://sao10th.net/event/
You're totally right, my bad.
Actually I wasn't expecting other sacra singers but the usual FJ girls as well.
Will they release this song today?

You're totally right, my bad.
Actually I wasn't expecting other sacra singers but the usual FJ girls as well.
Maybe it's not out of the realm of possibility for the Event?
The PV did say "and more" like you noted. Maybe it is worth keeping your fingers crossed for a Kajiura set at the Event? There is this song after all.....

Edit:
Cleaning up.

Last edited:
The newspost on Progressive site mentions 39tracks for the 2nd movie OST.
That's less than the 47 from the 1st but, with it presumably being filmscored again, I guess one still has to hope for some decent length tracks without an identity crisis every 20seconds.

First part of the song reminds me a bit of Yume no Daichi but overall its a nice song. Glad Kajiura gets to work with more Sacra singers, but just 1 song wouldnt suffice for the so many recording she has been doing lately unless she recorded each singer separately due to covid or something

To think that we have expected Eir to sing a song from Kajiura since the pre-Fate/Zero days…, it takes more than a decade for this collaberation. I feel that these three are really fit for a more intense song, but well… that won’t be a good choice for a 10th anniversary song.

The intro screams “Heigen” for me (as well as Kalafina’s songs for Rekishi Hiwa Historia, mainly because of the flute). I don’t feel it’s that memorable right now. There were nice melody here and there, but most of them are overshadowed by the characters’ voices. (The same as what I feel with From the Edge. Some good stuff scattering in the song but it sounds messy and the whole song doesn’t impress me.) Let wait and see…(I mean listen…) how the full version will be. I probably like it at the end.

The more she uses the “feat”, the more I’m convinced she is recycling her project to create something like SawanoHiroyuki[nZk].

I mean... that was the original intention, wasn't it?
"FictionJunction featuring YUUKA" on initial Akatsuki no Kuruma release.

Yep, but it’s look like that project was so fixed to certain artists. Now we could get something like a single featuring 2 artists. In fact, we are getting a full album.

I could be wrong but I don't think it was "fixed" to certain arists - it was fixed to SPACECRAFT artists. Pretty sure all of the FJ singers (except Yuriko) were already at SPACECRAFT when they got involved with Kajiura.
FJ YUUKA stuck as a unit for whatever reason but other than that they didn't really do much with the other FJ* girls until lives with Yuriko. Then it turned into a bigger deal to milk with all of them together.

I guess this is Kajiura going back to her original intention? Set on being a solo artists rather than part of a unit.

Edit: Which is I guess what I'm trying to "argue"? That it's NOT her "recycling" her project but using it as originally intended?
Guess we'll see whenever that album comes out. I'm very curious how (or IF at all) they deal with it and multiple music labels.

Last edited:
I think she has been doing it since the beginning but wasnt "FictionJunction feat" but just composing for various artists just as Yuki Kajiura. The very first FJY single was "FictionJunction feat. YUUKA" and then they threw the "feat" away cause they were closer related than just occasional collabs.
Quote from the bio/history text we have here https://canta-per-me.net/yukis-vocalists/fictionjunction/#FictionJunction YUUKA
In 2003, under the name of FictionJunction featuring YUUKA, the first song appears, titled (Akatsuki no Kuruma), as a MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM SEED insert song, and its released along with its karaoke version in the Suit CD vol.4 MIGUEL x NICOL. Thanks to the high popularity achieved among the fans of GUNDAM, a single its released a year before, but this time under the name of FictionJunction YUUKA (due to the excessively long former name). The single reached #10 in Oricon weekly charts.
But i think its partly wrong since according to the discography section of this page the first single was Hitomi no Kakera and later inside your heart and even the Akatsuki one doesnt have "featuring" on its coverart ^^;

I guess this is Kajiura going back to her original intention? Set on being a solo artists rather than part of a unit.
You got a point there.

But...

I could be wrong but I don't think it was "fixed" to certain arists - it was fixed to SPACECRAFT artists. Pretty sure all of the FJ singers (except Yuriko) were already at SPACECRAFT when they got involved with Kajiura.
Here I don't think this is the same. Every singer featured was a unit project, now is a solo project using different singers. I don't think this is about Spacecraft or Sacra.
And I reaffirm myself when I use the word "recycling".

Remember how she tried the same few years ago with LiSA and "from the edge" and failed miserably so the next songs with LiSA were released directly under LiSA, and then she hit a gold mine with "Homura".

Maybe this is just another attempt, or the only way to have 3 solo artists sing together under her.

Last edited:
Remember how she tried the same without the "featuring" few years ago with LiSA and "from the edge" and failed miserably so the next songs with LiSA were released directly under LiSA, and then she hit a gold mine with "Homura".
lol, what? What kind of gymnastics is your brain doing?
How about I say to that "remember when FictionJunction KAORI failed so hard that "Calling" was released under Kaori Oda?"

I meant failed in terms of sales ^^;
FJ KAORI's songs were never released anywhere outside soundtracks before the 4-girls fictionjuction begun, so its a different story
Calling was a song for the solo artist Kaori Oda. Same as the one she now made for Yuriko.

Back