Sword Art Online Movie "Ordinal Scale" (YK on music)

Kagaribi mentioned that one too, really weird they didnt release it :S
why did they have to release all the boring sfx they know we dont care about, and leave this one out of the OST ? ...
maybe bc it is fucking very short? it is even less than 15 second i think lol. They probably dont want to compose the whole song.

What ? How did they fit vocals and instrumental in 15 secs ? lol o_o
Im probably too exaggerated lol. Im pretty sure it is less than 30 sec. It is very short scene that take melody from the start violin part of the first town(wow i just try listening to the first town it is exactly 15 second)

What ? How did they fit vocals and instrumental in 15 secs ? lol o_o
If I remember it correctly, it has only Yuna voice without music. She just sang a very short one during her talk with Kirito. It's more like a part of Yuna's dialogue than a background music or insert song. Maybe it's a reason why they didn't include it in the OST.
The same thing goes to Silica's version of one of Yuna's song (I can't remember clearly... just guess from the situation that it should be Yuna's song.). Lisbeth made her sing a song in public and the girls also sang some songs in karaoke room, but those are not in the OST as well.[\spoiler]

IMG_0947.PNG
Looks like the movie OST is now released outside of Japan for iTunes. I can confirm it for my country, at least. Will have to check Spotify as well.

For god's sake, even Google translate, translates the name correct.

That reminds me that, that when i was in highschool, and i did the mistake to tell them about Kajiura, they were calling the name "Kazura" which in greek is a "massive prank against someone" :XD: (among other things like introducing to the teachers that she performs live by striping :cry: )

I saw the movie at Toho Cinema Shinjuku. Animation and music worked alright, but not much to make one empathise with any of the characters. (On the other hand it is advantageous to watch the movie at this particular cinema due to locations appearing in the movie).

Also short scene after the closing credits.

the Ordinale Scale OST page on vgmdb has full credits
http://vgmdb.net/album/64049

DISC 1 - Original Soundtrack
All Songs written by Yuki Kajiura
Producer: Yasunori Mori (SPACE CRAFT MUSIC PUBLISHERS)
Recording & Mixing Engineer: Takashi Koiwa (SIGN SOUND)
Recording Engineer: Kouzou Miyamoto (Studio A-TONE)
Recording Studio: SOUND CITY / Studio SoundValley / SIGN SOUND STUDIO
Musicians Co-ordination: Kazuo Sudo (HOT WAVE)
Scopre Support: Hiromitsu Ishikawa
Mastering Engineer: Machiko Suzue (Sony Music Studios Tokyo)
Mastering Studio: Sony Music Studios Tokyo

MUSICIANS
ALL Keyboards & Programming: Yuki Kajiura
Vocal & Chorus: Remi [M6,45]
Chorus: Yuriko Kaida, Tokyo Philharmonic Chorus [M45]
Flute: Rie Akagi [M22], Hideyo Takakuwa [M20]
Guitar: Koichi Korenaga [M6,9,14,27,35,37,41,43,45,47,48]
Acoustic Guitar: Koichiro Tashiro [M20,33,39,42]
Drums: Kyoichi Sato [M48]
Bass: Tomoharu "jr." Takahashi [M14]
Cello: Masami Horisawa [M2,12,23,38]
Violin: Kiyo Kido [M12]
Strings: Kiyo Kido Strings [M3,8,9,13,14,21,27,32,34,37,40,41,42,43,45,46,47,48,50]

DISC 2 - Insert Songs
M1
Lyrics: hotaru
Music, Arrangement: yashikin

M2,3,5
Lyrics, Music, Arrangement: Yuki Kajiura

M4
Lyrics: hotaru
Music, Arrangement: eba

Producer: Yasunori Mori (SPACE CRAFT MUSIC PUBLISHERS) [M2,3,5]
Recording & Mixing Engineer: GENDAM [M1,4], Takashi Koiwa (SIGN SOUND) [M2,3,5]
Recording Engineer: 曽野恭平 (DUTCH MAMA STUDIO), Kouzou Miyamoto (Studio A-TONE) [M2,3,5]
Recording Studio: Victor Studio / STUDIO Somewhere / Studio Cubic [M1,4], SOUND CITY / Studio SoundValley / SIGN SOUND STUDIO [M2,3,5]
Musicians Co-ordination: Kazuo Sudo (HOT WAVE) [M2,3,5]
Scopre Support: Hiromitsu Ishikawa [M2,3,5]
Mastering Engineer: Machiko Suzue (Sony Music Studios Tokyo)
Mastering Studio: Sony Music Studios Tokyo

MUSICIANS
Keyboards & Programming: yashikin [M1], Yuki Kajiura [M2,3,5], eba [M4]
Vocal: Yuna (CV: Sayaka Kanda)
Chorus: Remi, Yuriko Kaida [M2,3]
Flute: Rie Akagi [M5]
Guitar: yashikin [M1], Koichi Korenaga [M2,3], eba [M4]
Guitar Tech: Kazutaka Minemori (MASTERTONE) [M1,4]
Drums: Yuu "masshoi" Yamauchi [M1,4], Kyoichi Sato [M2,3]
Bass: Yuichi Takama [M1,4], Tomoharu "jr." Takahashi [M2,3]
Strings: Kiyo Kido Strings [M2,3,5]

More strings miss Kajiura they arent enough! :XD:

[EDIT]
http://kiasukid.blogspot.gr/2017/03...dinal-scale-soundtrack-unboxing-comments.html

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5UMJ4sY4...iura+Yuki+SAO+Ordinal+Scale+OST+unbox+018.JPG

Last edited:
http://sao-movie.net/bddvd/

SAO Ordinal Scale BD/DVD comes out September 27 (same date as PriPri OST lol)
and will include CD with movie ver / special ver of the character songs from disc 2 of the OST.

「Ubiquitous dB –special ver.-」結城明日奈(CV:戸松 遥)、綾野珪子(CV:日高里菜)
「Break Beat Bark! –special ver.-」篠崎里香(CV:高垣彩陽)、朝田詩乃(CV:沢城みゆき)
「longing -movie ver.-」
「delete -movie ver.-」
「smile for you -movie ver.-」ユナ(CV:神田沙也加)

Last edited:
For whoever is interested the movie as well as the bonus CD with movie versions of the Yuna songs are floating around :)

Watched the movie and after the credits they announce via the plot that they will proceed with Alicisation arc next. This movie's sorta-evil prof is brought to a room present in the Alicisation arc. . Character says "welcome to Rath". And the line "SAO will return" appears on screen next.

That arc is huge btw, it extends from vol 8 till 18 and all they have made into anime so far was vols 1- 7.

The movie was better than i expected, but still not good enough. there were too many moments of silence and that's the director to blame for not ordering proper music from Yuki.
on certain scene they made asuna's OO much larger for fanservice lol

Last edited:
in the BD's menu there's a a swordland rearrangement which i dont remember it being somewhere in the osts. It has a slit dramatic tone between 0:26 -0:40 :cheer:

Back