Sword Art Online Movie "Ordinal Scale" (YK on music)

Thanks!

the trailer music isnt new, its
  1. desolate landscape (2m42s) from Disc 4 (or track 1 ost 4)
and its not like Boku dake ga inai machi has less "remixes" of the theme melody, I could count at least 10 different in a 12-ep anime.

The trailer is basically an updated version of the one we got before already.

this is the japanese website http://sao-movie.net/ There is also a german website.

The staff is so far exactly the same as in the anime.

But where is my Heaven's Feel ?!

Last edited:
video from the alpha test of the SAO VR ver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G33pMjfU28

i guess the bgm is from the videogames.

despite making these pseydo-nervegears, the whole thing is still far from the one described in the noval since people in the story dont move their hands around XD

The 3D model of the girl at the end is really crappy, even PS2 games had better graffics than that.

Last edited:
Noticed: http://sao-movie.net/special/interview/kajiura/

header.png

梶浦サウンドのグルーヴと
魅力を全身で味わえる、貴重なライブ

――今回で13回目となる「Yuki Kajiura LIVE」。梶浦さんにとって「Yuki Kajiura LIVE」とはどんな場なのでしょうか。

「ご褒美」ですね。私は自分の仕事が「作曲をすること」だと思っているので、ライブは仕事の感覚がないんですよ。私にとって、音楽を作ることは自分ひとりだけが喜びを感じる作業なんです。でも、ライブは作った音楽を大勢の方たちと共有して、目の前にいる人が喜んでくれたりもする。あまつさえ、拍手をいただくことまでできる、まるで天国のような場だと思っています。演奏する私たちも幸せだし、会場にいらした方々も幸せになっていただけるのだとすれば、まさに私にとっては「ご褒美」ですね。

――今回のライブで『ソードアート・オンライン』の劇伴をフィーチャーしたのはなぜでしょうか。

「Yuki Kajiura LIVE」では、いろいろな作品から楽曲を選んで、演奏をしてきたんです。そうしたら来場者のアンケートで「ぜひ、作品単体のライブをやってください」という意見をたくさんいただきまして。ちょうど『ソードアート・オンライン』のサウンドトラック集「ソードアート・オンライン ミュージックコレクション」が発売されたこともあったので、時期的にもちょうどいいんじゃないかということで「featuring SWORD ART ONLINE」としてライブをすることになりました。

――『ソードアート・オンライン』の音楽ライブでは、2015年2月に開催された「Sing All Overtures」というTVアニメでの大きなイベントがありましたね。あのライブでも梶浦さんの劇伴ライブが披露されました。今回のライブは当時とどんな違いがあるでしょう。

「Sing All Overtures」では冒頭に30分ほど演奏させていただきました(映像は「ソードアート・オンライン ミュージックコレクション」に収録)。今回はあのライブの延長線上にある感じです。あの冒頭の30分のライブがあったからこそ、スタッフも「これはライブがやれるんだ」と納得しまして、今回のライブが実現しました。当然、今回は「Sing All Overtures」よりもたっぷり、もっと派手に演奏したいなと思っています。

――『ソードアート・オンライン』の劇伴はかなり多彩な楽器を使っていらっしゃいますが、今回のライブではどのように演奏するのでしょうか。

せっかくライブで演奏するので、短かい曲はアレンジを加えてみたり、メロディーをより際立たせるためのアレンジをしてみたりもしています。ただ、基本的にはなるべく「サウンドトラックで聴いたときのまま」の演奏を聴いていただきたいと思っていて。あまり不必要なアレンジは加えないようにしています。「サウンドトラック」というものは基本的には映像とともに聴くための音楽なので、生で聴いたときに楽しめるようなアレンジにしているつもりです。

――気になるのは選曲です。どんな楽曲が演奏されるのでしょうか。

「ソードアート・オンライン ミュージックコレクション」には、これまで『ソードアート・オンライン』のために作った全131曲が収録されているのですが、その中で皆さんが聴きたい曲をピックアップしているつもりです。私が演奏していて楽しいなと思える曲も入れています。

――今おっしゃった「梶浦さんが演奏していて楽しい曲」とは?

「Tonky(トンキーのテーマ曲)」ですね。劇中で1度しか使われていない曲なんですが、楽曲を作るときにものすごく楽しくて。ライブをするときは「『Tonky』演ろう! 『Tonky』演ろう!!』と私が言い続けることで実現しました(笑)。

ゲームが好きな自分の想いを
メロディーに乗せていく

――今回のライブで披露される『ソードアート・オンライン』の劇伴についてもお聞かせください。梶浦さんは『ソードアート・オンライン』の劇伴をつくるときに、どんなことを意識していますか。

劇伴には必ず「意味」があるんですね。悲しいシーンであるとか、戦うシーンであるとか、そのシーンに音楽が「意味」をもたらせないといけない。だから、劇伴は音楽が流れはじめて3秒で、その「意味」がわかるように作っているんです。とくに『ソードアート・オンライン』の曲はなるべく素直に作ろうと思っていたこともあり、メロディーがはっきりしているんですね。だから、どんなアレンジをしても原曲のイメージが崩れにくいんです。それは私が今回、劇伴のバンドアレンジをしていて気が付いたことでしたね。

――今回のライブでは、原曲と楽器の編成を変えて演奏したり、原曲からアレンジをしたりすることで梶浦サウンドの本質を垣間見ることができるかもしれませんね。

私の音楽は、実はリズムオリエンテッド(リズム主体)なんです。たとえ弦(楽器)が入っていたとしても、(それぞれの楽曲に)基本となるリズムが必ずあるので、オーケストラだけでは再現できないんですね。だから、私のライブはバンド編成で行っているんですね。バンドのグルーヴが入ることで、私にとっては理想的な状態で演奏できるんです。

――『ソードアート・オンライン』はVRMMORPGを舞台としています。そのゲーム的な世界の音楽を作ることは、梶浦さんにとってどんな経験でしたか?

学生のころに私はロールプレイングゲームが大好きなロープレ・ゲーマーだったんです。ちょうど『ドラゴンクエスト』や『ファイナルファンタジー』がみんなを虜にしていた時代を過ごしていたので、《ソードアート・オンライン》のお仕事が来たときには、ゲームの音楽が作れる! と胸が躍りましたね。しかも、ゲームの中に「フルダイブする」という設定を聞いてワクワクしました。キリトくんたちも《ソードアート・オンライン》では大変な目に遭いますけど、街に訪れたときのワクワク感や、世界樹を前にしたときの胸の高まりは、私がかつてゲームの中で味わっていたものと同じなんじゃないかと思っていました。だから、バトルフィールドで流れる音楽や街の中で流れる音楽を自分で作ることができて、すごく楽しい体験でしたね。作曲中は「……街の音楽はもっとシンプルだったはず」とゲームを遊んでいたころの記憶を思い出していました。

――『ソードアート・オンライン』の音楽には、梶浦さんのゲーム愛が詰まっているわけですね。

今回「ソードアート・オンライン ミュージックコレクション」を作るにあたり、全曲を聴き直したんです。これまで一期分やセクションごとに振り返ったことはあったのですが、全部を一気に聴きなおしたのはこれが初めてでした。あらためて「こんなに作ったんだ」といろいろなことを思い出しましたね。

――きっとライブで楽曲を聴く来場者も、いろいろなシーンを思い出すのかもしれません。

今回は歌が入っている楽曲が全体の3分の1、いわゆるインストゥルメンタルの楽曲がだいたい3分の2という、劇伴ライブになります。『ソードアート・オンライン』のために描いた曲なので、ぜひ劇伴が流れたシーンを思い出していただけると嬉しいですね。きっと、ライブが終わったときには「『ソードアート・オンライン』って面白い話だったよね」と言う感想を持っていただけるような気がするんです。今回のバンドは、劇伴のレコーディングのときと同じ、素晴らしいメンバーがそろっています。私も演奏するのがとても楽しみです。きっと会場を『ソードアート・オンライン』の音楽で埋め尽くすことになるでしょうから……ぜひとも、音楽の世界に《フルダイブ》してください。

かじうら・ゆき
作曲家、作詞家、音楽プロデューサー。TV、CM、映画、アニメ、ゲームなど様々な分野で楽曲提供、サウンドプロデュースを手掛ける。その独特な深みのある楽曲は「梶浦サウンド」と称されている。

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering if someone can write down the key points.

Making separate thread because why not ? We did for the Madoka movies after all.

website updated http://sao-movie.net/?nopop

new artwork
w450.png

Characters are Kirito, Asuna, Silica, Sinon, Lisbeth, and that other guy

they use different stuff to go to the game this time

Its Augmented reality device called "Augma". Looks like Google Glass XD
augma_img.png

Last edited:
movie announcement event report translation from the US sao website
http://sao-movie.net/us/special/report/dengeki-fes-2016/

header.png

A new adventure is about to begin in an undiscovered land.

During the Sword Art Online: The Movie Special Stage, held on March 13, 2016, as part of the 2016Dengeki Bunko Spring Festival, the latest news on Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale was revealed.

To start things off, emcee Kazuma Miki (Dengeki Bunko Editing Dept.) and Rina Hidaka (Silica) took the stage. They were later joined onstage by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Kirito), original creator Reki Kawahara, and staff member Shingo Adachi (Character Design), who spoke at length about the upcoming film.

This was the first event since the 2015 Dengeki Bunko Autumn Festival featuring cast members, animation staff members, and the original creator, all onstage at the same time. They were greeted by the audience with raucous cheers and applause.

When Mr. Miki announced, “Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale will open in 2017,” the audience erupted in even more cheers. That was when Ms. Hidaka asked, “This Ordinal Scale in the subtitle…could that be a new game?” Mr. Miki replied, “Perceptive of you. I’m impressed that you caught that. Well, that’s exactly why I asked you to be the emcee today.”

With abec’s key visual projected onscreen behind him, Mr. Miki then began to explain the concept of the new game, Ordinal Scale, and the new device it’s controlled by – the Augma.

report01.jpg

The AR (Augmented Reality) Type Information Terminal (Augma) is a wearable multi-device that looks like a pair of small headphones. It is far more compact than the VR machine known as the Amusphere. Instead of a full-dive function, the Augma boasts the ability to enhance AR (Augmented Reality) to the maximum. Because it can transmit visual, auditory, and tactile information to the wearer while awake, more and more users have embraced it as a way to enjoy exercise and health management as a game.

report02.jpg

The first key visual drawn by abec shows Kirito and Asuna already wearing the Augma. According to abec, the Augma is the small device near their ears. Needless to say, it was original creator Reki Kawahara, the man behind the original concept and screenplay, who came up with the idea for the Augma. According to Mr. Kawahara, “Throughout Sword Art Online, we’ve seen the devices evolve, from the NerveGear to the Amusphere. And now it feels like it’s inching closer to the Neuro-linker, a choker-like apparatus worn around the neck that appears in another story of mine, Accel World.” Sword Art Online is said to be set 20 years before the events of Accel World, so you could say it’s a machine that enables users to experience the evolution of the world.

And the ARMMORPG driven exclusively by this Augma is Ordinal Scale (OS.)

report03.jpg

Gathering hype as a next-generation game equipped with cutting-edge technology, Ordinal Scale took the world by storm upon its release. Players can raise their rank by collecting items and crushing monsters appearing all over the playing field – the real world. This Ranking System is what sets Ordinal Scale apart; each player’s status is determined by their rank number, an ordinal number, rather than a cardinal number.

For this reason, higher-ranked players are granted overwhelming power, and so rank plays a significant part in how solo PvP (Player Versus Player) battles end.

After Ms. Hidaka finished reading aloud this description of Ordinal Scale, Mr. Matsuoka showed how pumped up he was by responding, “Hearing you read that makes it seem like the ranking battles are about to begin right now.”

“About cardinal numbers and ordinal numbers, let me just add that cardinal numbers show quantity, such as a player’s Hit Points (stamina) or Strength (muscular strength.) Since the SAO characters’ statuses were filed as cardinal numbers, they could be used under the Cardinal System. Ordinal numbers show the order of things in a set. So I thought a system for keeping track of players in order should be called Ordinal…I guess?” added Mr. Kawahara. It looks like we’re going to get to experience an in-game world driven by a totally different system.

report04.jpg

In the first key visual, Kirito and Asuna are clad in their in-game outfits for the new game. Apparently, all players wear in-game outfits while playing Ordinal Scale.

When she saw the original character design drafts for Kirito and Asuna, Ms. Hidaka was thrilled with Asuna’s red tights. “Red tights! I like them because they’re not something she can put on everyday. I’ve always been a fan of abec’s artwork, so I was glad to get the chance to view these drafts. By the way, one thing that’s been bugging me…I don’t see Silica!” she said, pointing out the fact that her own character was missing. Just then, abec’s character design draft for Silica was presented onstage. Seeing how much of her thighs Silica’s costume leaves exposed, Ms. Hidaka, totally stoked, shouted, “That's it!”

At the end of the event, when Mr. Miki asked Ms. Hidaka and Mr. Matsuoka what they were looking forward to from the movie…

Ms. Hidaka’s request: “Please give [Silica] more screen time.”

In reply, Mr. Adachi said, “When Silica shows up, I’ll have Pina fly in front of her face.” Ms. Hidaka, slightly panicked, responded, “Hey, wait a minute!” We were left to wonder just how Silica would be portrayed in the movie.

As for Mr. Matsuoka’s request, his answer was, “I wish I could meet up with Akihiko Kayaba again.”

report06.jpg

Mr. Kawahara said, “I’d like to see another recording session with Mr. [Koichi] Yamadera as Akihiko Kayaba, too.” As for how to make Kayaba’s reappearance a reality… Mr. Matsuoka suggested, “How about if Cardinal and Ordinal were sisters?” To which Mr. Kawahara replied, “Anthropomorphizing Cardinal and Ordinal?! That’s something I’d like to write about someday!”

Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale is currently in production, with an eye towards release in 2017. Adachi said that after this event, he would be returning to the studio (A-1 Pictures) to work on compositing the first animated key visual. This key visual will be unveiled during Sakura-Con 2016 in Seattle, Washington (Friday, March 25 – Sunday, 27 PST).

We’re finally starting to get a glimpse of what the movie will be about. The onstage event concluded in a round of applause from the audience.

Having watched "Accel World" first season which is by Kawahara too (movie with new plot is this summer), there is a system in there that the battlefield changes at certain time stamps, and you can see the same happening in the trailer here when the time reaches 21:00. I am not very excited by that trailer, and if the evil is that giant ronin we see, its going to be boring. Hoping for some good new music though.

Also LOL at the SONY logo on that video wall.

Last edited:
^Maybe that's just one of the boss battles? This looks interesting. I wonder why they didn't want to use new music for the trailer? Hmm. Yeah, the city turning to the actual game, looks pretty cool. I hope it's in a theater that's near me.

Maybe because the new music isnt ready yet :) Its still 9 months before it comes out. Also "in this cruel land" (1st bgm) is one of new collection bgms, so for people who didnt get the CD it will still sound as new.

And i have seen giamt ronins in so many anime, couldnt he (kawahara) come up with more diverse?

Last edited:
i hope YK compose some of the track using vocal in it
will it happen or no?

It's mainstream media exposure - if the Asahi Shimbun / Yomiuri Shimbun / Japan Times publishes something it is seen by people other than regular anime followers.

But she has done very few things outside of anime that are known to non-japanese audience, so very few people would be interested in her from the "non-anime" people. I doubt someone would spend ticket + airplane + hotel on a composer he/she never heard of just to pass his/her time.

Back