1. f
2. c
3. e
4. g
5. d
6. a
7. d
8. d

(While answering 5 I remembered my reaction to seeing Kalafina and Yuki in person and it was the bouncing up and down one (well not in front of them of course) lol) This is pretty cool. :dote:

^ Thanks! Your results:

You are Hikaru!
Shyly perceptive, you are brightly powerful due to your dangerously intelligent personality.​

@ninetales: As much as I'd guessed. :psst:

Actually, it would be interesting to do one that is actually based on objective characteristics that can be a bit more definitive/decisive. There are a lot of personality and psychometric tests that can be done (as well as background work that can be used to objectively define the "classes" of personalities the artistes represent) and then basing upon them, generate a test algorithm which will be tie-breaker and "force guess" proof. :plot:

You can base on stuff we already know about them (from official blogs, posts, interviews, etc.), coupled with your "standard" Big Five/MBTI/etc. quizzes to arrive at your final solution....

(Sounds like something a final year psych student would do for his/her project... :psst:)

^ Sounds interesting, but I don't understand a lot of what you said, unfortunately :XD:

^Doesn't matter :psst: Just delving into the technical nature of the beast, that's all.

^ If you say so...I'd like to make a more foolproof quiz someday :ayashii:

Cool, Hikaru. I really like her singing voice and I seem kind of like her from reading her blog posts too I guess. :ayashii: hehe

^ You've got a tie too :XD:

These three questions should clear it up:

What weather appeals to you the most?
a. Completely clear and bright
b. Rainstorms
c. Gusting wind
d. Breezy with drifting clouds
e. Thunderstorms
f. Grey with gentle rain
g. Misty

You have the opportunity to visit a historical place of some sort. Where do you go?
a. A Victorian bed-and-breakfast
b. An established wildlife preserve
c. A ryokan in the mountains
d. A huge museum
e. A memorial to some past event
f. An ancient Shinto shrine
g. A ruined castle

What hobby do you have, or would like to have?
(Not based on any of their actual hobbies!)
a. Reading
b. Photography
c. Knitting
d. Jogging
e. Gardening
f. Writing
g. People-watching​

^
You are Wakana!
Joyful, honest and talkative, you light up the world around you with your clear personality.​

Would you like a banner? :plz:

This quiz is one of the reason I joined this forum (found this when browsing the forum) :XD:
So I absolutely have to give it a try!

1. f
2. f
3. c
4. c
5. b
6. all!
7. b/c
8. d
9. a (the opportunity to visit ... question)
10. a (the hobby question)
11. f (the weather question)

lemme try.....

1-D
2-C
3-undecided
4-undecided
5-F
6-A
7-G
8-C

is there any alternative question for 3 and 4? :TdT:

Sure! Why not? :ayashii:

1. Does "get into it" equate to "spazzing along with the music" in your seat, or just... getting excited and pawing at whoever you came with and whispering to them how amazing that they played your favourite song? Because that's what I'd do. (d) for me, then.

2. I fit pretty clearly into (c).

3. I had to go and listen to these, since I haven't listened to them;;

(a) Feels too short and too... Uneventful? For me.
(b) I like the start and the two string instruments together at first, but the fact there's no other huge change in melody or other instrument it kinda feels like it's repetitive... And it's really long for a track in an OST, as well as the beat in the background is really pervasive. Though the quiet bassline around 2 minutes in is nice, and I like that. I wish it'd came in a little earlier, though.
(c) Why does this sound so upbeat, with a name like "Run for your life"? It has really nice, uh, progression, but it's kinda long for a song that doesn't really have any huge changes and would have been better around 1:30m.
(d) Oh, God, flute! This is terrible, wind instruments are my weakness. I'm whistling along and I don't even know how the song goes-- And the drum in the background is lovely, too, why does this exiiiiist. It has an unfair advantage because of the wind instruments.
(e) Is this another wind instrument? Oh, dear, it starts out with a whistle and now it's strings with a nice little jaunty support. What is wrong with this song, ahhh. :(
(f) Oh! Piano! I like ~*emotional*~ piano songs, and I think that the... Is that a cello? I think it's a cello, since violas are usually higher than that. I think the cello is a nice accompaniment without stealing the spotlight.
(g) This is kinda atmospheric, so I like it. It's nice to listen to, but it doesn't have enough happening for me to make it my favourite.

I'll go for (f).

4. Again, I need to consider this! I went through a period of "I want to be a florist!", so I know a few meanings of flowers, if they're here.

(a) Pine trees always give me a feeling of Christmas, like cinnamon does. It also makes me think of forest-y smells.
(b) Goldenrod is always associated with hayfever. Always. While I kind of like looking at pictures of them, I've never liked being near goldenrod. Talking about flower meanings, doesn't goldenrod mean "caution" and "preperation"?
(c) Wisteria is such a lovely purple colour, and I love the name of it, too. It sounds like "mystery", and I always see it hanging around in rural areas, so it's nice. Meanings... It's related to how wisteria grows, isn't it? Augh, something about "welcoming" and "clinging". Never mind.
(d) Haha! Whenever anyone mentions hollyhocks my mind jumps to the definition of "ambition". Though they look very nice, even if it seems like the stem can't hold up so many flowers at once.
(e) Sunflowers have always been really obnoxious to me, since bugs tend to gather round them and that means I can never go near any of them. Sunflowers can mean "adoration" or... I think "devotion"?
(f) Hydrangea has been my favourite flower for ages, ever since I wanted to be a florist; and I love azure and peach as colours. The meaning of hydrangea is lovely, too, something like... vanity, friendship, loyalty and... understanding? Maybe? I remember reading a few definitions of hydrangea.
(g) Ivy is nice when you're trying to make something look rustic and historical, so I really like ivy, too. Doesn't this mean something like "fidelity" and "friendship"?

I'll stick with my long-time favourite of (f), though I'm compelled towards (c).

5. I'd... I'd cry, if I'm honest. Or have a panic attack, which I guess goes underneath (c).

6. Hm... (c) or (a), though doesn't (a) mean (c) anyway?

7. SWEDEN. :sohappy:

All of those except (g) sound amazing, since no matter where I go, I would like going to sightsee and refuse to sit around and do normal things I could've done at home. Like if I went to Rome, I'd like to see all of the beautiful architecture and all of the intruiging historical sites, where there'd undeniably be lots of tourists... But I'd also like to go to someplace quiet where I can just sit for a while and just take in how nice and atmospheric it all is.

8. Oh! Oh! (f). :plot:

ALSO

(Sounds like something a final year psych student would do for his/her project... :psst: )

This isn't actually psychology; this is what's known as "pop psychology". A thing that masquerades as psychological studies when in fact it's probably just educated guesswork. Pyschology is a science and you can't really do something like an accurate personality test when the person is aware they're doing a personality test, since something similar to "demand characteristics" would mean they wouldn't answer completely honestly, rendering a genuine personality test pretty much void.

...Which I guess we've just done, huh! Still, I think it's interesting. :rain:

@ritardando: Thank you very much! :bow:

You are Kaori!
Sweet, fun-loving and strong, your optimistic and happy personality is infectious at all times.
kaori.png

@Rafael-sama:

You are a cross between Wakana and Fion!
Joyful, but also quiet and modest. Your personality is clear but mysterious.

You're tied between Wakana and Fion, basically. :spotlight:

@Moonlight:

You are Fion!
Quiet, subtle and modest, your dreamy personality is mysterious to those who don't know you.
fion.png

@Yuki: You can answer two of the tiebreaker questions instead:

What weather appeals to you the most?
a. Completely clear and bright
b. Rainstorms
c. Gusting wind
d. Breezy with drifting clouds
e. Thunderstorms
f. Grey with gentle rain
g. Misty

You have the opportunity to visit a historical place of some sort. Where do you go?
a. A Victorian bed-and-breakfast
b. An established wildlife preserve
c. A ryokan in the mountains
d. A huge museum
e. A memorial to some past event
f. An ancient Shinto shrine
g. A ruined castle​

@Ponti: Overwhelmingly...

You are Fion!
Quiet, subtle and modest, your dreamy personality is mysterious to those who don't know you.
See above for the banner, if you want it!

@Alphie:

You are Hikaru!
Shyly perceptive, you are brightly powerful due to your dangerously intelligent personality.
hikaru.png

@ninetales: 3-D 4-B

added with the previous:
1-D
2-C
3-undecided
4-undecided
5-F
6-A
7-G
8-C

Back