Puella Magi Madoka Magica

From another forum,

Probably most interesting right now is Urobuchi confirming that he will write every episode, and Shinbo stating he wants this to be a new type of Magical Girl show.

I'd type the Shinbo part in BOLD. :ayashii: :stars:
What Shinbo is claimed to be stating, he once successfully managed to do. I'm more than excited to see if he can do it again. :stars: :ayashii: :dote:

from yet, another forum, the more direct quote:

Director: Shinbo Akiyuki
It has been a while for me to work on an original series. I feel the possibility is unlimited as the work progress; maybe we will be able to make a new "Magical Girl" that never exist before. I want to challenge it together with all involved staffs. I look forward to what will come out of it.

Character Draft: Aoki Ume
Have been excited reading Urobuchi-san's script and Shaft's amazing image board, is it really okay to have my ingredient added into this…? It has been fun and grateful to be able to do this. It is gonna be a dish with unique taste…! Please look forward to it. ♪

Animation Production Shaft's Representative Director: Kubota Mitsutoshi
New series for Shaft's 2011 is an original work with "Magical Girl" as main theme. Both screenplay and character design are wonderful, from now we will have to put staffs effort into finishing up Madoka. Please look forward to meet the new "Magical Girl"!

"Excited" is no longer an appropriate word for me... :waii:
But,

and character design are wonderful

then STOP TEASING US, DANGIT! :anger: I want to see more than mere silhouettes on the main site!!! :wai:

md1wn.jpg

Looks like this time, bows and arrows will be employed. And if the show won't contain AT LEAST ONE shout out to Robin Hood or Willhelm Tell in this case, then I don't know Shinbo. :psst:

EDIT: oops, I'm beginning to redefine flood with these 5 posts in a row. :fwa: :XD:

maybe they're teasing us with silhouettes because the magical girls are actually cross-dressing boys!

bow and arrow, eh? hype +2!

Nick Hunter said:
Looks like this time, bows and arrows will be employed. And if the show won't contain AT LEAST ONE shout out to Robin Hood or Willhelm Tell in this case, then I don't know Shinbo. :psst:

bow and arrow also had Minto in Tokyo Mew Mew :psst:

Oh, I see. :ayashii: (checked in Pikiwedia - gosh, the plot sounds like Sailor Moon meets Pokemon :omg: :XD: ).

maybe they're teasing us with silhouettes because the magical girls are actually cross-dressing boys!

GOD FORBID! :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

wow site updated!! :sohappy:

January???!! :omg: that's reeeally close!, wonder if Yuki will have enough time to compose good music for it (I was expecting spring airing) :ayashii:

guess they will be revealing 1 character every 2 weeks or something, until the airing date... :uh..:

i think I dont like the character design, its kinda old-looking, oh well...

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
I know lol I said it like that because for Bakemonogatari to be finished it was really like a soap opera, so I dubbed it the Bakemonogatari days

It was merely becuase of the channel refusing to give enough broadcasting space for all 15 episodes, so the studio had to air them online. And such things do cause a lot of unnecessary turmoil.

I know that, but it was still a soap opera. Especially when they began to delay the dates for the episodes more and more :XD: But since I wasn't a Bakemonogatari fan to begin with, I'd just forget that it existed until the episode aired :XD:

About the date for January...Good, I won't have classes this month, so I'll be able to watch it, at least in the beginning (that means, uh, 8 episodes, since I don't have classes in February either :XD: )

Madoka is cute. :dote: Moe factor does go a bit overboard here, but then again, we WERE warned about a mahou shoujo with the Hidamari Sketch mangaka on board. :ayashii: And Hidamari Sketch is probably the closest comparison so far.
(I'm still trying to overlook the fact that she has the same hairdo as a certain Takamachi girl :plot: ).
And the seiyuu... Kure-nai, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Sora no Woto - woah! :waii: Sounds promising (though I heard only one sample, the bottom one refuses to work for me).
But I, too, expected the series in spring... That's Shaft for you. :XD: :sparkleguy: As to Yuki, I have no doubt that the music will be good (for me, the question is always "how many knockout tracks will it have BESIDES good music? :stars:" :XD: ). And I think the series will be 13 eps long, whichafter it will most likely go on a half-year hiatus. That's common practice for Shaft. Besides this series, they also have MariaHolic returning (here I rejoice again :sohappy: ), and given the interval, even another Zetsubou-sensei could pop up during the year. :ohoho: :plot: :sparkleguy:
Is anything confirmed about Yuki and actual theme songs? Some other forums talked about it, but I had an impression they used "songs" as a mere synonym for "OST" there. :desksweat:

Hey, is the CM background tune by Yuki? :stars: We're in for a sweet relaxing piece (*makes a tick in the expectations list*).
Also, can anybody translate what Madoka is saying?

Another thing that I'm curious about is whether the girls aligned will be simply plot-related or it might actually be a mahou shoujo sentai. :ayashii:

Back