New Single- Shinji Tanimura feat. Kalafina "Alcira no Hoshi" & live April 8-10, 2016

I thought that we can expect the live performance with Shinji Tanimura on Special Final - surprise song. It would be so interesting!

I think a performance in a Kalafina show is unlikely since its Tanimura featuring Kalafina and not the other wat around and in that sense it should be Kalafina going as guests to Tanimura performance.

I remembered Shinji-san praised Kalafina for their awesome performance in Music Fair and mentioned it in his blog (last year) that he wants to perform again with the girls one day. And here it is! :D

Keiko's first solo line is gorgeous, Hikaru's cutesy voice sounds unique to me and Wakana sounds pretty good to me. Tanimura-san must be so happy for this dream song, lol XD

comments from the artists: http://www.bs4.jp/alshira/p_message.html
レコーディングを終えて本人のコメント
―今回デュエットと楽曲の聴きどころについて―

谷村新司
BSで素敵だなと思うのは、電波が星まで届いて戻ってくる、という事。それを一つのイメージに「日本中に、ゆたかな時を」というBS日テレのキャッチフレーズと重ねて物語を創って行きました。夢を見るってとても素敵なことで、「夢を見ているという自分の心を信じること」が実はとても豊か。そんな想いを物語に込めたくて、お星さまと地上にいる女性たちのキャッチボールのような歌を作ろうと思い今回「アルシラの星」というタイトルを付けました。
「アルシラ」はシリウスの星の事で、古代アラビアではそう呼びます。地上から見える一番明るい星です。夜明けに昴の次に上がってくる星であり、天空に輝く一番明るい星。これにみんなで願いをかけるときっと何か叶う…、そんな元気をプレゼントできるといいなと思って創りました。
星の数と人の数って僕はいつも一緒だと思っている。一人生まれると一つ星が生まれてくる。地上での役割を終えたらお星さまにかえっていく。そんな素敵な物語です。地上で素敵な人に是非出会ってほしい、という女性への願いも込めて、心を込めて歌いたいなと思っています。
みんなカップルでデュエットしてくれるといいよね。「この歌はカップルで歌わなくちゃいけないから」って一緒に歌う。そこから何か始まるかも分かりません。そういうきっかけになる歌になったらうれしいなと思います。

Kalafina
Wakana
今回アルシラという呼び名があるんだというのを初めて知った。この星に「輝けるもの」っていう意味があって、自分たちの中に必ずそういうものがあると谷村さんが教えてくれた。この曲を歌いながらこれはずっと自分自身が生きていくテーマでもあるのかなって思いました。うつむかないで、上を向いて聴いてもらえればまたうれしいです。

Keiko
初めて谷村さんと共演させて頂いた時に、言葉を大切に歌う表現の仕方を3人とも学びました。今回デュエットというかたちで歌わせて頂けるという事で、夢があるメッセージが凄く素敵だなと思いました。女性の味方って感じがします。ですからたくさんの女性の方に聴いて頂きたいです。男性陣は谷村さんの声のように愛する人を優しく包み込む、そんなイメージをもって、愛する人を思いながら、たくさんの方が聴いて下さればいいなと思います。

Hikaru
初めてお話を頂いた時はとても嬉しく思いました。一緒に歌えるなんて光栄すぎて、ドキドキしながら今日レコーディングに来たんです。やはり谷村さんのお声があると凄く安心して自分の声を乗せられました。すごく楽しく歌わせて頂きました。この曲を皆さんが歌ってくれたらいいなと思います。男性と女性で歌えるし、掛け合いにもなっているので、目を見て歌い合うと凄いロマンチックになると思います。

If google translate is correct he says that "Alcira" is the ancient arabic name for the "Sirius" star, and its the brightest star, closest to Subaru, and if you wish something it might come true (?).

I think it's possible that Tanimura appear on Special Final and they sing together new song.

I think it's possible that Tanimura appear on Special Final and they sing together new song.
I wouldn't really appreciate such an arrangement. This song is cute and they sound nice and all but it is far from the "Kalafina" image. Some people may argue that kalafina's image is ever changing. But this song is just NOT what they're about.

^ you shouldnt really expect a Kalafina image from a song where Kajiura isnt involved. and speaking of the image, it has broaden way to much over the years. It was goth until lacrimosa, then became lighter with storia and darker with lirica and more disco with progressive and has been going dark and light since then, with them having some songs that dont really belong to the anime style, like mune no yukue, i have a dream, samidare, so i think they have started going closer to mainstream to appeal to bigger part of the audience, which now also includes foreigners.

Βtw this song is by Shinji Takanamura and Kalafina just sing along with him as guests. So not a Kalafina image, its Shinji Takanamura image :)

Last edited:
^ Pointing out individual songs doesn't really determine their overall image, though. storia and lirica were in the same single, so saying it became lighter with storia and darker with lirica doesn't really make much sense. I've always seen image when grouping a certain era's songs together (and looking at their styles).
Tbh, I'm not really sure what I consider Kalafina's image to be anymore because you're right, they have been focusing on a more mainstream appeal (which is not necessarily a bad thing, just it sometimes heads into formulaic/generic territory). When I think of Kalafina, I think more of their songs from seventh heaven and red moon, but that could just be because I've been a fan since before after eden came out. Not sure how I'd really describe it... They had a 'darker', more 'otherworldly' look (take these words with some fluidity) and their songs were... grander? I'm failing on describing this. But it was different.

Circling back to the original point, Kalafina sounds great in the collab and it's a cute song, though I see where Atlas is coming from. Still it sounds kinda fresh to me, in relation to some recent songs.

It doesn't sound like Kalafina's regular stuff, but that's actually why I like it so much. I love the regular Kalafina style (obviously) but with their most recent singles sounding somewhat similar, it's good to have something shiny and truly different to usual with their glorious vocals.

^ you shouldnt really expect a Kalafina image from a song where Kajiura isnt involved.
[...]
Βtw this song is by Shinji Takanamura and Kalafina just sing along with him as guests. So not a Kalafina image, its Shinji Takanamura image :)
All I said was that I wouldn't appreciate this being performed during the Special Final. Who said anything about me expecting it to HAVE a Kalafina image? And thank you for stating the obvious about it being composed by Takanamura.

PS this is why I need your buttocks on my ignore list :tea:

Just to reword my opinion a bit: I don't DISLIKE this song. I had already voiced my opinion about HIKARU sounding amazing. I also caught myself humming the melody of this song yesterday :psst: And I'm happy they are broadening their scopes and appealing to different audiences. Their image is no longer that "mysteriousness" from seventh heaven. They have now surfaced :omg:

Kala-girls are good known and recognizable because they are popular now. If they weren't popular they wouldn't make live in Budokan, we wouldn't see them in tv, read interviews with them, etc.

Kalafina's image in FOW reminds me water nymphs and mysticism.
Serious I have enough saying that FOW is bad, etc... It's boring, you know?

if you thought its obvious why did you menthion Kalafina image then in the first place ?
Because my comment was a response to a comment that encouraged the idea of this song being performed at a SUPESHARU FAINARU. And I doubted that a song that sounds out-of-place of their image would fit in a SUPESHARU FAINARU. THUS, I highlighted my opinion of it not having a kala-image to reinforce my disapproval of the song being performed at said SUPESHARU FAINARU. Especially since if theoretically it were to happen, this might have been a closing encore song and I would prefer a kala-image song like ALLELUIA to be the close of a SPESHARU FAINARU.

οκ understood, i didnt remember the quote when i wrote that, im sorry. You dont have to write it in japanese XD

I doubt it would be played at their final live but maybe they would be a guest if he had a live show? I am not sure how popular he is, but he seems pretty well known. Since it is composed by him and not Kajiura. I like it after the second listen. Though I don't really like the very beginning, unless that's not part of the song. (Also it's times like this I wish Keiko would get some higher parts in songs. I mean, she had Alleluia and Samidare, but she can sing like this and still sound amazing. Even I don't really care for her "cutesy" (as some people call it) voice but here it's pretty.)

http://www.tanimura.com/photo/article-7359

201601232.jpg

Back