New FictionJunction album "elemental" and YK Live vol. #11

Uh, still he's been working with Kajiura since Tsubasa so... lol.

vgmdb.net/artist/1867

^ Yes we do have in which works he has worked but we dont have things like education and recognition so without those the text will be sorta non juicy . I will try to make a text soon.

Huh so not Konno for elemental. They sound so alike. Thanks.

(Also I guess there is a winter storm warning on the Fed Ex website so maybe that's why my cd hasn't come yet, but it's shipped, so I should get it Sat. :w00t:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I guess I was wrong. And is it really Wakana doing the ahhs in gaika? It sounds like Yuriko for some of them. Maybe it's all of them together, and Wakana is just louder?

I think there's definitely only one person singing the 'ahhs', but I actually think it's Wakana as well...because she does that thing where she breaks off to reach the super-high note instead of joining it smoothly with the previous note as I'd imagine Yuriko would be more capable of doing?

Maybe we could ask Yuki herself at the twitter event yuki.n was talking about in the shoutbox? :ayashii: (does anyone have twitter?)

yuki.n said:
Also elemental twitter event Friday 31/1 22:00

My copy of elemental arrived at the post office at the odd time of 1pm today. Usually parcels are there by start of business otherwise not until the next business day.

In the final of Gaika, I can hear Keiko singing along with Wakana, but then a lower vocals starts to sing along too. Is it Kaori or Keiko twice?

Well, about the "ah", we'll see about that on the live.

For gaika, I think it's Wakana with Keiko, then Kaori actually comes in with a middle harmony, like what Hikaru would usually be doing in Kalafina (whoever said it's like a Kalafina song but with Kaori doing what would normally be Hikaru's part :XD: ) Keiko is the super low one that I think Liana might have thought was Fion. It's the same with the first verse actually.

And the live won't really help with the 'ah' bit in gaika cos Yuriko will most likely take them whether or not it was Wakana or her in the studio version.

They do change some things during the lives, since if it is Wakana she would be singing still during the ahhhs so they might have Yuriko or someone else doing that during the lives. I think it is very smooth with the ahhhs. Hmm, I wish we could get detailed chorus info in the booklets. lol

Hmm fictionjunction live usually have guest vocalists, right? Or just in special occasions?
I would be so happy if Remi was invited to be guest vocal in Osaka *dreaming*

I'm so excited, I have never been to a live performance of an artist I really like.. omg..

And can't wait for the scans!

Hmm fictionjunction live usually have guest vocalists, right? Or just in special occasions?
I would be so happy if Remi was invited to be guest vocal in Osaka *dreaming*

Well, since this is the Elemental tour, I doubt they'll invite anyone.

BTW, Aki already posted scans. The link is hidden in a onion.

So much for "I won't listen to this record before buying the CD..." because...I just listened to it twice through before I can get hold of my own copy. :hide: I'm late to the party, so here goes...

I like it. A lot. A studio (as in, not live) version of Parallel Hearts on an album at last...Stone Cold (a thousand times YES)...a blistering title track to kick it all off...definitely at the top of my shopping list now. Actually, the title track would sound absolutely astonishing live I'm sure.

Mr Korenaga must've had some fun making this too, because his riffs are off the map. :hero: I find myself zeroing in on the guitar parts, and the ones on here are outstanding. Bravo that man.

My personal fave at the moment? Probably Gaika. The cello (I think?) and the bass guitar sound so powerful when I listen through headphones and the lead vocal is...:hearts: One of those moments where I feel compelled to hit the CAPS LOCK button and go into Fanboy Berserker mode. Absolute perfection. Loved every second of it.

To confirm certain suspicions as to who played/sang what: I'm guessing the detailed credits will be updated on the main site soon (when I really should be patient and check the inlay booklet for myself instead)?

Okay...I need to take a cold shower or sit in a darkened room for a while to calm down now. Laters!

Martin said:
Mr Korenaga must've had some fun making this too, because his riffs are off the map. :hero: I find myself zeroing in on the guitar parts, and the ones on here are outstanding. Bravo that man.
korechannnn :hero: :hero: :hero:

I'm thinking that Rie and the Cellist will take part in the tour

Rie Akagi is confirmed to perform in all concerts. A cellist could be possible. Both Gaika and Storm have cello, and I would like to hear Mizu no Akashi with live cello.

Back