New canta.per.me.net main site layout

george1234

Sudrien has been working on a new site layout on his rare free time, that's wider than the current one, which means that
- fits more text
- lyrics appear whole without breaking
- bigger embeded video and images
- is adaptive and so it it adopts to all device specs. Warning: For now on PC view gives best experience, header has issues on mobiles.

There are few things i have suggested to change
- links should be bolder
- menu buttons should have same colour as current ones
- some issues with image spacing on kalafina page / off sheet music needs to be fixed
- Update and post date should appear publicly only on newsposts.

I dont know when it will be ready, it depends on Sud's time. Please dont bother him with questions.
Kerahna has said she will make new header when everything else is ready

Here it is. https://canta-per-me.net/?theme=recant

you can view all site pages by adding to the end of the URL " ?theme=recant " (it doesnt go automatically )

Please report here other suggestions or fixes to take into consideration.

Last edited:
The fist thing came into my mind when I saw it ... that the layout is a japanese purin

purin.jpg

or with a face it turns into Pompom Purin

c06134cd5079563465bf5546e44a12dc.jpg

Please change the colors. :ohoho::ohoho:

That purin is the same as the westerm one. And maybe u are right the yellow needs to be a little washed out, more like paper. About the caramel color , its Yuki's fav and has been in cpm since the start

I really like the new theme? But maybe a little more red???

New version is "lighter"- not so dark as previous. I like the font

The caramel color can continue, but the yellow not. The background needs to be something neutral that don't claim the attention for itself.

My suggestion (I changed the left menu too):

IxIUAtq.png

Left menu with bold font, exclude text-shadow property, decrease the font-size and increase a little bit the padding.
I am a web designer too :)

i am not XD but Sud is.

the starting idea was to keep a similar style with the current theme but take advantage of new tech.

I think white background is too bright. Something with a little paper yellow would be less blinding.
The menu IMO should have the current theme colours (caramel buttons, background colour text)
twitter needs to have a little smaller font
In discography the numbers on top take too much of the screen, a smaller font would be nice.

It looks really nice. I can't help but miss the red though but the menu's look really nice

Recent changes are more visible on forms & smaller screens. (look at those sidebars drop past the content. woo)

Colors are up for adjustment now - but I should note, Recant's backgorund yellow is currently the same as the original theme. Whatever it changes to, it will not be a pure white.

Could use some texture in some places, though.

@Sudrien The theme looks really good, though I agree perhaps the background does need a little texture, or maybe a pattern of some sort. Don't stress over it, the most important thing is that it works 100%

Thank you for designing it though. I know the community appreciates it. It must've taken a lot of work, I can't imagine how many hours you've spent on it.

Recent changes are more visible on forms & smaller screens. (look at those sidebars drop past the content. woo)

Colors are up for adjustment now - but I should note, Recant's backgorund yellow is currently the same as the original theme. Whatever it changes to, it will not be a pure white.

Could use some texture in some places, though.

The background colour is not a problem, but the letters on the new theme are somehow more difficult to notice (blurred?) compared to the old theme's letters.

Comment on mobile device view:
On my smartphone: Portait view looks better. On both portrait and landscape the menus and shoutbox appear below the posts inside of their side. When I switch from landscape to portait, the header doesnt autoadjust unless i refresh the page

On tablet (8incn): On Lanscape view the navigation sidebar appears normally while you can to swipe to the right to view the shoubox. Same for its portait view. Like in the phone, when I switch from landscape to portait, the header doesnt autoadjust unless i refresh the page

One more fix: https://canta-per-me.net/discography/?theme=recant

please make the numbers there
2015-2016 | 2013-2014 | 2011-2012 | 2009-2010
etc somewhat smaller (maybe not in header style?) because like this just the intro to the page takes up the whole screen.

Last edited:
HALP PLS

give me some suggestions about the header, something is still missing but dont know what it is

3YIuhIC.jpg

Can you extend the swirls to beyond kajiura on the left? Also, maybe her blouse should be slightly recolored so it doesn't blend into the background so much? Or exaggerate the lightness behind her? I'm loving this design though.

i don't like the yellow in the background, it hurts my eyes :@_@: the first one you posted was really nice. Also i'd like to add, that Yuki's picture isn't very flattering, it barely shows her, this one is much better in my opinion

just my two cents.

^ but it was like that since the beginning and you never complained :)

about the picture, yes we can change it (even though i prefer her with long hair), we just didnt have any better picture to put.

Back