My Anime List

@KP-X: which interview?

All I know is recent Gundam sequel has really never exceeded the original series' quality (name it, Seed and 00).

and btw, quoting shinbo:
Shinbo: The reason that I need to contact a lot with original creator is to make animation that even original fans can watch. There is no meaning if I make animation that producer wants. If original one is selling 50000, first we need to think how to satisfy that 50000 fans. We also must include the elements that can bring first-timer fans. If we can't do that, there's no meaning of making that animation.

this.

I watched the first Gundam and for me Gundam 00 FIRST SEASON was far better. Are you saying that the original one was better because of what the fans say? LOL Gundam has one of the worst fandoms I've ever come across. lol
Also, if you're talking about the interview about Madoka, it was something from sankaku so that's why I didn't give it much credibility.

We also must include the elements that can bring first-timer fans. If we can't do that, there's no meaning of making that animation.

But if the elements he's talking about waere a euphemism for "blood and death", then even Pani Poni Dash would have been a 26-episode massacre. :ohoho: Meanwhile, SHAFT's supposedly blood-oriented shows (Tsukuyomi and Dance in the Vampire Bund) are not nearly as gore-driven as would seem logical.
With Shinbo, said elements can be ANYTHING, and his love for visual art shifts illustrates it. That's how he and his crew do a damn marvellous job bringing first-timer fans (whether all of them stay to see the whole thing is another matter, but of those who did stay, a considerable number imprint the name "Akiyuki Shinbo" as hard as "Hayao Miyazaki" :sparkleguy: ). Their policy of making fan-appealing but interesting shows works well enough. :groucho:
Btw, Yuki88, HUGE thanks for the link! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: I wanted to read at least one Shinbo interview for a long time, but wasn't so lucky/persistent in my search.
Heh, honestly...

"Shinbo is very strict. Usually, he grins a lot and walks swinging his arms in light mood, but when it comes to work, he changes entirely. Even his voice tone is different. Not only that, he is checking every single works by 'himself'. Even though he never appears in a staff role, he checks contis, layouts, after-recordings, series compositions with amazing speed. He also has very strong belief over his works." - Newbie staff of Shaft

:ayashii: :ayashii: :ayashii: :ayashii: :ayashii:

@KP-X: I don't talk about the original Gundam with Amuro (heck I haven't even watched it). I talk about the sequels of, let's just say Seed and 00. They're just some unimportant sequel you don't even have to watch, imho. They make the lead chara so imbalance and Godlike it's not even fun to watch anymore.

about interview... well even if that's true, I second that opinion. Anime is industry after all. Why make anime if you're not sure you will earn money from it? Let's just be realistic about this.

Oh, you were talking about Seed Destiny and 00 s2? Yeah, they were tragedy, but the fact that the mechas were overpower was just a part of the problem. Plot development, character development, gosh, trainwreck after trainwreck. But you know, some people love to watch those overpower characters (Kira Jesus Yamato), so it's because of them that these characters continue to exist.

I understand the part of making anime to earn money from it, but sadly that's one of the reason why there's so much bullshit nowadays (imho?)

At least we have more than enough interesting and better anime this season (winter), and probably spring, too. :tea:

Re:

Yuki88 said:
At least we have more than enough interesting and better anime this season (winter), and probably spring, too. :tea:

I don't agree after watching like almost 10 episodes of almost each series out there :cry:

What about Lacus?I read comments abot everyone but not her. I mean ok,i don't hate her,i don't dislike her even,but how can she be so good/beautiful/perfect/etc ? If Kira was a god, she wasn't far from that image either :uh..:
I can't get into characters like that,and i doubt anyone can.

Lacus was...what to say? She wasn't anything in Gundam Seed, that's the funny part LOL

I agree with Lunaria's microscopic comment lol But I bet Natsume Yuujinchou 3 will be at least very good.

But she has so many fans that makes you wonder :uh..: That's what i mean.
:plot:

I understand the part of making anime to earn money from it, but sadly that's one of the reason why there's so much bullshit nowadays (imho?)

making a good AND popular anime is a thing of considerable SKILL. The number of those who want to make money from anime (or even just make anime) naturally exceeds the number of those who possess such skill. Hence the average quality issues.

Besides, there's a weird way of thinking that if you were popular in your days but never earned yourself a mention in history textbooks, your artisitc life is wasted. I'm afraid I disagree. Heck, even all these teen-pop-stars with sugar songs - if they lit up someone's heart for a while, brought up someone's mood, made them make a bit positively of life, themselves and people around - it's a certain something. But an industry remains an industry, with all consequences.
Of course, in animation, a lot comes from the collision of unpleasable fanbases and executive meddling - the results of such collisions vary greatly.

Well, her fandom is very big in Japan, so I would say it's because she is...perfect. Japanese love these kind of perfect woman, basically Yamato Nadeshiko.
This comes from a Lacus fan that knows that the character is pretty much...lol

Re:

KP-X said:
Well, her fandom is very big in Japan, so I would say it's because she is...perfect. Japanese love these kind of perfect woman, basically Yamato Nadeshiko.
This comes from a Lacus fan that knows that the character is pretty much...lol

Ah true true,so weird though. I thought people liked more characters that looked and acted ''real'' even a bit.
:blood:

...but I love Lacus the most in Gundam Seed series :cry:

And lol, I said so but I only have madoka magica as the most updated series for this season. KoreZombie and Hourou Musuko on the list, but not as updated. Fractale... I dunno. it's just.... disappointing. :blood: And Level E... that I have to try, everyone seems to like it lol. :XD:

Re:

Yuki88 said:

And lol, I said so but I only have madoka magica as the most updated series for this season. KoreZombie and Hourou Musuko on the list, but not as updated. Fractale... I dunno. it's just.... disappointing. :blood: And Level E... that I have to try, everyone seems to like it lol. :XD:

That's ok you are Asian after all :XD: and noone said she sucked or anything.

Yes,i guess Madoka is a masterpiece for some people, per voi altri :xD:
So half of the anime fans must be really happy this season for having Madoka :knife:
Nothing to do for me,i don't see it having an interesting plot and nice characters imo so :cry: But you know that already :XD:

Level E started well but then it just became parody :XD: Not bad,of course.

Fractale was supposed to be one of the dark horse of this season, but then it....... failed. :plot:

Hourou Musuko is great anime if you like slice-of-life drama. but then, the issue in the anime isn't something easy to accept for some people and most people stay away because of it. Too bad, they miss a great drama anime. :tea:

KoreZombie.... simply interesting and lol. :XD:

Madoka Magica.... some things are indeed as expected (you know which) but the way they delivered it made madoka magica an enjoyable anime, to watch and to speculate lol. Almost like reading a novel/literature to me :XD:

True,i don't watch Zombie and i couldn't get into Fractale even from 1rst episode :plot:

I'll tell you my opinion on my anime:

Gosick: The plot evolved pretty nicely,and i love Victorique as a character.I have a something for cute characters. (same reason why i loved Rozen Maiden :XD: although yeah the plot is different.) Nothing new there though,nothing you didn't see before.

Infinite Stratos: Eh.... :uh..: well hubby thinks this one is funny.I think it's only fanservice and i rarely laugh.Although LOL the others had even more fanservice than that one till last 2 episodes. It didn't improve at all :XD:

Dragon Crisis!:Well,i thought about ignoring the fanservice at start and check if i liked the plot..looks like your average shounen i must say,yeah,action-supernatural shounen.Nothing new there either.

Level E: Funny,very funny during the first arc,but then just decent parody.If you played rpgs or mmorgs you'll like 2nd arc too.

Madoka: :uh..: i'll jump this before i get killed by everyone in this forum :XD: Great animation&music though of course.

Toaru Majutsu no Index II: this one is still airing yes...2nd season killed the anime.Fanservice and non-sence most of the time.I was so sad about it :cry:

Yumekui Merry:It started like really LOLWTF and made no sense but after the plot became decent.Great animation there as well,that's new generation anime for you.

edit:i should like an old hag that doesn't find pleasure in anything.LOL

Re:

Lunaria77 said:
Yumekui Merry:It started like really LOLWTF and made no sense but after the plot became decent.Great animation there as well,that's new generation anime for you.

Couldn't agree more.

Completely disagree about Madoka...

And Victorique sure is Shinku's lost sister. :XD:

:XD:

Personal tastes are personal tastes. It's like butts. Everyone has it's own. :XD:

What a stupid saying! :cry:

Re:

Yuki88 said:

I do too, but Lacus is just: HAEUHAEUHAEUHAEUHAEUAEHUAEHUAEHUAEHU
Talk about a character that they didn't know how to use in a series.

As for this season, I kinda dropped it but I'll watch everything that I began to until the very end.

Back