Movies that you had recently watched

Finally got around to watching Kingsman... It was interesting for about 30 minutes. Then it went in to a boring forumla format that disappointed me. I guess I'm too jaded to watch movies any more. I know Samuel L Jackson was playing it for the laughs, but I wasn't laughing.

@Aurora3500 I doubt many outside the fandoms are satisfied with any of the super hero movies. I haven't watched any since Michael Keaton's first Batman movie. They hype them so much that no matter how great a movie it is: It's disappointing.

This is why I stick to documentaries about how factories and construction people make mundane things. There's no hype for those shows.

I saw the new English dub of Studio Ghibli's 1991 "Only Yesterday" and a few days later an Icelandic film called "Rams". Didn't think that Dev Patel quite nailed the role of the young farmer in Only Yesterday, but it's worth it to see the detail of the animation and background, and pick up a few more things that one misses on the subtitled version due to being busy reading the subtitles.

Like a month ago mum won some free tickets to go see The Lady In The Van. So we went of course.
I didn't really like it much. Not really my thing. Nice idea with the main protagonist. There were things I liked about the movie but the actual van lady I didn't much care for. That was my problem

I re watched Cheaper By The Dozen a few weeks ago too. That movie is like my childhood.

Never Let Me Go

I should probably go finish Watashi wo Hanasanaide now.

Watched the remake of Ben Hur - it looks like a competent remake (not identical story but keeping the main elements).

Just saw Makoto Shinkai's "your name" at the first (9am) session on opening day at Movix Saitama-Shintoshin. So beautiful it made one cry.

CqveSHnUIAArdQq.jpg

Last edited:
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
L.O.R.D
From the Land of the Moon (Mal de pierres)
Doctor Strange

Finally saw "In this corner of the world" at Shibuya, and the session at 4pm was almost full.

Very well illustrated, told and voice-acted, likely to make one cry.

3月のライオン(March Comes in like a Lion) live action -
I probably would've enjoyed it more if I knew a thing about shogi but my fav actor (Kamiki Ryunosuke) was very good in it ... which isn't saying much because he's always good.

Kuroko no Basuke Last Game -
Purely coincidence that I happened to be in Japan when it came out .... super popular too I had to watch it at 9pm lol.
If you are a fan or even slightly like the series at all I highly recommend watching it!

Managed to get to a screening of Koe no Katachi/A Silent Voice, film is rather wonderful. I recommend watching it if you can.

Not necessarily a movie I watched, but more one that's coming out in a month or so that I'm really excited about--

Voice from the Stone seems really interesting, it also has one of the actresses from Game of Thrones. Also Amy Lee from Evanescence does the ending theme It comes out 28 April in the US, not sure about in other countries (I think it releases internationally then too but I'm not sure)

Saw Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale at Toho Shinjuku on Monday night as mentioned in the thread for the movie.

So I don't exactly remember if there is something on the forum talking about movies. But I just saw a recent movie that I just fell in love with and I want to share.

I just saw "The Greatest Showman" and oh man it was so beautiful and the music in it is so beautiful as well! I was just in aw :sohappy:

other then that I can't wait to watch justice league, infinity wars, and Insidious 4? or 5? I dunno but the newest Insidious :ohoho:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back