MadokaMagica Side Story: Magia Record (mobile game) - TV anime [Takumi Ozawa OST / ClariS/Trysail ED/OP]

Back at the end of June, they said Final Season would air at the end of 2021.

I was thinking Final could start around the first Blu-ray release for 2nd season (since it's getting released so late after that one aired and the blurays for Final could potentially continue after 2nd without a break) but guess not.

Considering how randomly and close to 2nd's airing date (Jul 24) they first announced both 2nd & Final Season, who knows with SHAFT. I guess they could only be starting working on the show now.

Last edited:
ost1
01. Vague Memory (2:11)
02. Conflictus Animi (2:13)
03. Perpetual Blossom (2:19)
04. to the FENTHOPE (2:25)
05. Fallen Memory (2:05)
06. Kebenaran dan Keberadaan (2:11)
07. Phantom Doll (2:18)
08. Battle of Obsession (2:13)

In all honesty, while I don't like it as much as S1 as of now, this OST is so much more enjoyable on its own, lol - the show doesn't dezerve Ozawa.
S1 was far less gloomy/dank which I liked more but the only real shame here is how prominent the synth brass is (much like at the end of S1). I feel like Ozawa could've just went all out with some original sounding synth than this brass soundalike - it cheapens some moments quite a bit.
Too bad the likelihood of a standalone release is nil.

They bumped one action track from the 3rd episode to a future soundtrack. I was wondering why my BGM count for the first OST was off... I guess they wanted to have something more on that 2nd disc, lol.

I was also wrong a few posts above. Episodes #4-5 (bluray#2) should have another 8-9 tracks for OST2.
Episodes #6-8 (bluray#3) only have 3 new ones so maybe they bump some from ost2 to ost3 to even it out (assuming there will be an OST3 with the last home video release).

Edit:
Oh, BD2/OST2 is already listed with CD length on shops. It's 18m22s. Seems about right if BGMs continue averaging above 2minutes. Guess there will be a shorter 3rd one then.

Edit2:
The 2nd season bluray1 menu music wasn't used in the show. Maybe in recaps that I never bothered with? I am confusion.

Last edited:
s2ost2
01. Witch Plant (2:23)
02. Doppel Threat (2:19)
03. Prendimi (2:22)
04. Facciamolo! (2:07)
05. Distance of Feelings (2:31)
06. Isolamento (2:19)
07. Clown and Strategist (2:09)
08. Arousal Strategy (2:08)

I kinda had the feeling they would bump neoCredens to the last one, when they skipped "Doppel Threat" from the first disc. They also bumped the rock-ish Eve reveal track to the last OST.
"Clown and Strategist" could've/should've been on OST3 (episode6) but is included here.

I don't know if it's the rip or the actual CD but the audio quality leaves a lot to be desired. :|
There's 2 rips in CDDTB as of now so I guess it's the CD... Dangit Koiwa. :|

That loop piano in "Doppel Threat" kinda makes me think of FF7R lol. The 2nd half is just literal static and noise.
"Distance of Feelings" is so cute but that bass/drumming is again just static to me.
lol "Clown and Strategist". I don't think they ever played this much of it in the show. Very cute. Very Sailor Moon SuperS.

I still like the music. It's much better without all the whining in the show. Too bad about the sound quality.

Last edited:
https://anime.magireco.com/bddvd/?season=2nd&no=3
マギアレコード 魔法少女まどか☆マギカ外伝 2nd SEASON-覚醒前夜- 3【完全生産限定版】
2022.1.26 Release
◆特典CD:オリジナル・サウンドトラック3(尾澤拓実書き下ろし Final SEASON IMAGE SONG 「閃光」収録)

Final SEASON image song (written by Ozawa) before the actual Final??? Dafuq?

Also they sure don't care for Tsuruno. Alina only needed a 10 second cameo to get a cover spot... lol.. Then again, unlike Mami and Alina, I guess Tsuruno already got a cover in the first season.

Last edited:
Also they sure don't care for Tsuruno. Alina only needed a 10 second cameo to get a cover spot... lol.. Then again, unlike Mami and Alina, I guess Tsuruno already got a cover in the first season.
I'm gonna be honest. For a good moment I was like "which girl is Tsuruno!?" hue.

s2ost3
01. False me
02. Share Dolor
03. Distance of Feelings ~Oboe Ver~
04. Quiero Salvarte!
05. ENTITY of Embryo Eve
06. 閃光

Not even an off vocal for the image song. Eh.
Senkou does seem to be a Shito/ReReGraphics song. (歌:シト 作詞:シト 作曲:尾澤拓実 編曲:尾澤拓実 according to tower)
I guess Quiero Salvarte! (?I want to save you) will be the BGM featuring neoCredens?
Then again Share Dolor (?Share Pain) does have a "Let's connect!" feel... Eh, we'll see.
Hopefully it pops up soon.

PS. They are randomly releasing Nigredo+off vocal as a single to digital platforms on Friday. Dunno if worldwide.

Last edited:
I see Mori's approach to music videos hasn't changed much since at least ?Annaniisshodattanoni.

PS. The digital release is on Thursday, not Friday. I got it wrong.

Edit:
I wonder if this means they are putting an effort into materializing a ReReGRAPHICS album.
I'd love to get a full LOOPS and Natalie. Even Dancin'Dancin'. (I have the older 3track EP so I think I only skipped PRAYER from this full version wishlist, lol. PRAYER's sample doesn't really do it for me unlike the other 3 I mentioned.) Ozawa/Shito scratch a particular 90s/00s itch with some extra I'veness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ung5SZeUBwY

Last edited:
Dat drop in Share Dolor. (It's the menu track that confused me. They never played beyond the first part in the show.)
Quiero Salvarte! features neoCredens.
Senkou sounds like an ED song.

It was an alright OST for this mess of a season. There's some tracks that I really like but also it's too dank as a whole to me. There's also not been any standouts compared to some s1's event BGMs. It feels a little monotone in soundscape.

Last edited:
It was an alright OST for this mess of a season. There's some tracks that I really like but also it's too dank as a whole to me. There's also not been any standouts compared to some s1's event BGMs. It feels a little monotone in soundscape.
I agree with this. The soundtracks are competently composed, but they just don't really stand out. It's definitely lacking some memorable leitmotifs.

Btw, is ENTITY of Embryo Eve also Eri or is it sampled vocals?

Btw, is ENTITY of Embryo Eve also Eri or is it sampled vocals?
I did have that thought as well at some point, now amplified by the fact those 2 tracks technically shouldn't be on this last or even on the same disc. But I don't know - haven't seen scans anywhere.

Welp, let’s see how this train-wreck ends! I’m kind of glad that it’s airing all in one day. It’ll be like a little movie of nonsense and then I won’t have to think about it from week to week.

Also, from what I’ve heard, I’m not really a big fan of Senkō. That being said, Nigredo grew on me A LOT so I wouldn’t be surprised if the former does, too.

Well that was sadly just boring. Not as much of a shitshow as I had hoped for.
Touka/Nemu/Ui backstory was better than expected, but in their present time characterizations and actions they are still just annoying brats.
Epilogue I suppose reveals Madoka died off screen, which would be lolz if I cared.

Music was for the most part on par with 2nd season (though it does have one lighter upbeat/genki track). There still was no track that for me would be on par with LOCURA or Santa Salvacion, or many other s1 tracks.
The final episode steps it up a notch with only 1 bgm repeat, some longer tracks that blend older themes (including Credens justitiam) and also a Kajiura-esque sad strings epilogue. (lol it was in fact "Pergo pugnare" from the original Madoka OST.)
Possibly 7 tracks on OST1 and another 6 on OST2.

Kajiura is credited in the last episode like on some other episodes of s2:
音楽協力
梶浦由記
(「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」より)

Last edited:
Back