Madoka Magica MUSIC COLLECTION

Re:

Animexcel said:
I wonder if there will be a studio recording of the extended "Credens Justitiam", because so far it's been only performed at concerts.
Did you mean "Sis Puella Magica"? Its concert version has the extended part but I don't think that the concert version of "Credens Justitiam" also has it.

Huh? Both songs have new sections. Sis Puella at the beginning and after the bridge, and Credens at the beginning and after the second refrain.

Unless you guys are talking about something else. :confu:

Re: Re:

Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
Animexcel said:
I wonder if there will be a studio recording of the extended "Credens Justitiam", because so far it's been only performed at concerts.
Did you mean "Sis Puella Magica"? Its concert version has the extended part but I don't think that the concert version of "Credens Justitiam" also has it.

No, I really meant "Credens Justitiam".

Kowz said:
Huh? Both songs have new sections. Sis Puella at the beginning and after the bridge, and Credens at the beginning and after the second refrain.

You are correct, Kowz. I forgot that "Sis Puella Magica" had an extended version too.

Wow, I had already given up all hope on a Stand-Alone Release of the OST, so this is a nice surprise! :sohappy:

Now hoping for Aniplex to do the same for Fate/Zero... :spotlight:

Animexcel said:
Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
Animexcel said:

No, I really meant "Credens Justitiam".

Kowz said:

You are correct, Kowz. I forgot that "Sis Puella Magica" had an extended version too.
Ah...so it must be my fault...I accept that I didn't pay much attention on Credens Justitiam....Orz.

Re:

Kugayama said:
As a final remark on these tracks, though each piece was perfectly suited for its scene, “Nux Walpurgis” was replaced by the first half of “Surgam identitem” in Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part 2 -Eternal-. The obvious gain is that the final flute flourish would coincide with Homura’s tear. Some may like the synchronization, but it diminishes the unexpectedness of Madoka’s entrance. The music’s conclusion creates an expectation versus the unexpected interruption in the original, significantly detracting from the emotional weight of this critical scene.
You know, that bit always bothered me. Now, I might not be able to put it into words as eloquently as this reviewer did, but I did feel that replacing a unique track created specifically for that scene, in favor of the exact same music that had played not five minutes earlier, was a thoroughly nonsensical choice. Not to mention how I feel like Surgam Identitem sort of invokes the feeling of "Oh crap, this situation is really, really freaking bad" as opposed to Nux Walpurgis, where it's more like "We're doomed. Completely and utterly and irreversibly doomed. There is absolutely no hope left. At all. Ever."
Oh, the BluRay-version removing the highly effective silence of the final moments of episode 11 was a bit of a questionable choice too. Funny, how while I generally find the various changes across the different versions of the show to be improvements over the previous ones, the end of episode 11 seems to be getting progressively worse with each change they make to it. Because honestly, the broadcast-version was already perfect.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00G6MBDW0/
Tracklist:
1. コネクト
2. Magia
3. また あした
4. and I’m home (他、2.4.6巻の特典のサントラCDに収録された劇伴39曲、梶浦由記による新規アレンジ曲2曲、合計44曲収録)
--------------------------
Only two new arrangement,totally 44 tracks.

Lord Starfish said:
Kugayama said:
As a final remark on these tracks, though each piece was perfectly suited for its scene, “Nux Walpurgis” was replaced by the first half of “Surgam identitem” in Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie Part 2 -Eternal-. The obvious gain is that the final flute flourish would coincide with Homura’s tear. Some may like the synchronization, but it diminishes the unexpectedness of Madoka’s entrance. The music’s conclusion creates an expectation versus the unexpected interruption in the original, significantly detracting from the emotional weight of this critical scene.
You know, that bit always bothered me. Now, I might not be able to put it into words as eloquently as this reviewer did, but I did feel that replacing a unique track created specifically for that scene, in favor of the exact same music that had played not five minutes earlier, was a thoroughly nonsensical choice. Not to mention how I feel like Surgam Identitem sort of invokes the feeling of "Oh crap, this situation is really, really freaking bad" as opposed to Nux Walpurgis, where it's more like "We're doomed. Completely and utterly and irreversibly doomed. There is absolutely no hope left. At all. Ever."
Oh, the BluRay-version removing the highly effective silence of the final moments of episode 11 was a bit of a questionable choice too. Funny, how while I generally find the various changes across the different versions of the show to be improvements over the previous ones, the end of episode 11 seems to be getting progressively worse with each change they make to it. Because honestly, the broadcast-version was already perfect.

Ugh, same here. When I heard they changed up that scene for the blu-ray, I was like "Why would they mess with that?" And then watching how they messed with it again in the 2nd movie with replacing the music. The change was not needed at all. Am I gonna have to edit my own personal version? Blehhhh

Re:

Kowz said:
Only two new arrangement,totally 44 tracks.

I bet it's Sis puella... and Credens justitiam.

I hope this is true and if so, I wonder if it's an Eri Itou version or from FJ like we've heard live.

george1234 said:
^ lol that's even worse that the knk collection :uh..:

Were we suppose to expect more from it?

I hope this is true and if so, I wonder if it's an Eri Itou version or from FJ like we've heard live.

I hope it's Eri. I need more Eri.

Were we suppose to expect more from it?

Well, the first announcement said that it would have new tracks, but I guess it was a mistranslation.

Partial tracklist. Safe to assume most of the OST tracks will be here.

:nophoto:

CD1: 61m45s
01. prelude to Act 1 (6m09s)
02. Scaena felix (1m50s)
03. Postmeridie (1m38s)
04. Conturbatio (1m28s)
05. Puella in somnio (1m56s)
06. Salve, terrae magicae (1m28s)
07. Desiderium (1m41s)
08. Gradus prohibitus (3m36s)
09. Credens justitiam (1m55s)
10. Sis puella magica! (2m47s)
11. Inevitabilis (1m53s)
12. Pugna cum maga (2m14s)
13. Vocalise Op. 34 no. 14 (3m34s)
14. Umbra nigra (1m42s)
15. Venari strigas (2m47s)
16. Agmen clientum (1m43s)
17. Signum malum (1m45s)
18. Serena ira (2m00s)
19. Incertus (1m39s)
20. Ave Maria (4m48s)
21. Decretum (1m48s)
22. Anima mala (1m43s)
23. また あした (4m23s)
24. and I'm home -Original Master Version. - (2m48s)
25. コネクト -ゲームインストー (1m34s)

CD2: 58m45s
01. prelude to Act 2 (2m38s)
02. Amicae carae meae (2m01s)
03. Clementia (1m58s)
04. La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin (2m33s)
05. Pugna infinita (1m54s)
06. Confessio (1m47s)
07. Cor destructum (1m27s)
08. Terror adhaerens (3m49s)
09. Symposium magarum (1m45s)
10. Numquam vincar (2m07s)
11. Quamobrem? (1m30s)
12. Surgam identidem (3m34s)
13. Nux Walpurgis (2m34s)
14. Sagitta luminis (5m42s)
15. Cubilulum album (2m18s)
16. Taenia memoriae (2m10s)
17. Pergo pugnare (2m12s)
18. コネクト (4m28s)
19. Magia (5m09s)
20. Numquam vincar(Live ver) (6m37s)

thank you!

looks like "prelude to Act 1" is the new track.

based on how preludes were in Xenosaga, it will probably be some medley of other tracks with a bit of new melody, or rearrangement of some short.

CD2 Track list

1. prelude to Act 2
2. Amicae carae meae
3. Clementia
4. La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin
5. Pugna infinita
6. Confessio
7. Cor destructum
8. Terror adhaerens
9. Symposium magarum
10. Numquam vincar
11. Quamobrem?
12. Surgam identidem
13. Nux Walpurgis
14. Sagitta luminis
15. Cubilulum album
16. Taenia memoriae
17. Pergo pugnare
18. コネクト
19. Magia
20. Numquam vincar(Live ver)

Interesting. I guess no extended version of Credens Justitiam.

Back