Keiko's solo debut (after 2020)

I really liked Hitohira no Hana, hoping we can hear a version of it on Keiko's next album <3
^ 2009 version not good enough?

Based on this live (and how they produced her vocals on Lantana singles), I feel like I would like a current recording far less.

^ 2009 version not good enough?

Based on this live (and how they produced her vocals on Lantana singles), I feel like I would like a current recording far less.
I just couldn't find a reasonably-priced and easily-purchaseable version of the original in the UK is all, so it's easiest if it is in her next album. According to her latest community post on Youtube, she is working on many songs that are a bit dark, so maybe her next album will be more to your taste.

I mean, it's not the lack of "darkness" that makes me uninterested in her solo stuff so far but who knows - maybe you're right and it would be more to my taste... Time will tell.

As for Azuki Hino:
If you want to "support" (doubt Keiko'd get anything from it lol), Hitohira no Hana is available digitally in the UK. Not sure about Kirameki.

Code:
https://uk.7digital.com/artist/azuki-hino
https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/search?q=azuki+hino

Or if you're just looking for the songs, I could re-post my CD rip so you don't have to mess with the one who shall not be named...

KEIKO's new song that she performed at her fanclub live has just been leaked, suspected title 'Nobody Know(s) You'. Very atmospheric so looking forward to the studio version.

That new song has almost every element to be a song that i could really like but ngl it's kinda just there. Maybe my opinion would change if she releases it and i give it another/repeated listens.

I only like the bridge. Everything else is too friggin slow for me....... slow and unnecessarily dramatic...

I think I would prefer it to be a piano ballad during the slow and boring parts >_>

I personally am almost loving the song. My only petty complaints are:
— (I’m likely only thinking this from listening to a live recording, but) I pray that Keiko might put more audible harmony into the chorus. That sudden jump for “Nobody know me” is lacking something in the vocal accompaniment but I won’t be at all surprised if I’m the only person thinking that.

— Honestly, I can’t truly bring myself to properly appreciate that sudden guitar solo coming so IMMEDIATELY after the bridge, and hope the studio version has a better one at least. It sounded a little rough (for me).

— It would have been nice if Keiko had ended the song with a double chorus and/or maybe two original-octave “Nobody know you”s, and then jumping dramatically to end with the high one. There was MUCH TOO MUCH background instrumental at the end; on my first listens I was literally waiting for the Kajiurago to somehow finesse its way in . . . 😅🤦🏾‍♂️

— I hope they give her a little money for a music video with this.

The studio version is coming as a digital single on Sep 15th! I personally love this style of dark atmospheric song so excited to listen to the studio clip. I'm not gonna listen to the live again until then so I can appreciate it like new.

EDIT: It's out now and yes, I love it :O

Last edited:
It’s out and sadly i’m not as hyped as everyone else. I loved KEIKO in Kalafina but her solo career is just not doing it for me. I tried liking Sakura wo goran too but just a big no from me.

It’s out and sadly i’m not as hyped as everyone else. I loved KEIKO in Kalafina but her solo career is just not doing it for me. I tried liking Sakura wo goran too but just a big no from me.
Same goes for me. Keiko's solo career is not even hit-or-miss, it's mostly a miss, which is a damn shame because her voice is way too good for these songs.

She desperately needs better composers and songwriters. At least, someone who can write a song from this decade would be a start.

I don't hate the song but my opinion stands still from the first time she revealed the song on her fan meeting thingy: There's not much going on with the song, it's giving me a juxtaposition of being complete and being empty at the same time lol

Keiko please just give us more city pop songs. Or something like Ray but don't sing it nasally.

The MV for Nobody Knows You is good though, I adore it. Simple but quite captivating.

Back