Keiko's solo debut (after 2020)

Anyone feel like Keiko's music is a little outdated? Like it's 20 years old, and even by those standards, pretty meh.

Her only good songs so far has been Tameiki no Kieru Machi wo, Akane and Yuugao. Michite Kakeru and Sakura wo Goran are so...forgettable.

Anyone feel like Keiko's music is a little outdated? Like it's 20 years old, and even by those standards, pretty meh.

Her only good songs so far has been Tameiki no Kieru Machi wo, Akane and Yuugao. Michite Kakeru and Sakura wo Goran are so...forgettable.
I agree. Her whole style is like 1993. Even her picture for the K002 blu ray.... It's got 90s, late 80s written alllll over it.

Hmm I wouldn't say outdated, though I agree with Atlas Star about it having a 90s aesthetic. I kinda love it though. For me, the 90s vibes feel actually kind of modern and cool (like how fashion falls in and out of favour) and not too overtly retro, e.g. See-Saw's Kirai ni Naritai (which I still love...). I can see why it might not appeal to everyone, but it's nice that she didn't get stuck in the rut of leaving Kalafina and then just churning out a load of faux Kalafina/Kalafina-lite.

Keiko covered Nakamori Akina's “Jukkai“ in today's edition of Keiko's room and honestly it's so good. the song itself is already better than most of her og songs BUT the way she sings it is the one that makes it so good. she sounds the way we love her and for real she needs to sing like this (with her deep and powerful voice) a lot more.

Keiko covered Nakamori Akina's “Jukkai“ in today's edition of Keiko's room and honestly it's so good. the song itself is already better than most of her og songs BUT the way she sings it is the one that makes it so good. she sounds the way we love her and for real she needs to sing like this (with her deep and powerful voice) a lot more.
link?

i'm pretty sure she reads the comments, or at least the posts on her youtube channel community board. Keiko please do more cover and listen to the wishes of her fans regarding her solo songs, because it sucks being a keikofan and stuck listening to only 2 of her solo songs (now 3 with this recent Jukkai cover). i need to get into a certain mood to appreciate her other songs even though i don't dislike them lol.

@grunty I should watch Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 on animelab.com sometime.

Eml7BthU4AANq-p.jpg

I've always really liked 7080 japanese songs because they have a certain charm to them so i gladly welcome these covers. in general i listen to songs from that era a lot so i am happy with her choice of songs. in fact i'd rather have her make a whole album of these hit songs cover than having a new album filled with songs like her 3 new songs. her cover of jukkai garnered her a lot more views than her new songs and she also gained quite a lot of new subscribers with her covers, that's very good for her.

Well, she's also singing to what appear to be the most basic sounding license-free karaoke tracks ever. (inb4 they are costing them a forture to use)

Really would pay for 7080 japanese classic cover album by Keiko. today's cover is Yamaguchi Momoe's Ii hi Tabidachi, which i admit to be one of my favorites. the instrumental sounds the most karaokeish lol but she sings the song beautifully. my lullaby tonight.

Back