Keiko's solo debut (after 2020)

I'm not sure if I like Houseki either... but I don't remember the past lives so whatever.

=Just listened to a past live, even though it's with FJ, I thought Keiko sounded better in that past live. =

Keiko just find a good band and vocal coach or smth...

I think we tend to think of Hikaru's face whenever we listen to her and combine her reactions with her singing. but I guess there is extra stress on the syllables sometimes and that's causing "over-emotion".

I actually really enjoy Nanairo no Finale but yea it sounds mad generic and recycled scrap sculpture — I kept thinking the song would end and it just kept going lmao it’s your typical feel good finale song

That was her way of skipping out on sustaining long notes. Your ears should be thankful! :listen:

Still confused and weirded by Hikaru cutting her notes in sprinter and ARIA but held that 20something secs note in destination unknown live 2016... Like why cut the notes that aren't even long and high but sustain the one that's already long enough and makes it like twice as long

Back to Keiko, i can't stop listening to Tameiki no Kieru Machi hmmm what a Keikofag i am

It's sad because Keiko's voice is in good condition but her singing style now is, I'm sorry to say, pretty atrocious. Over-emoting, extremely inconsistent larynx placement, vowels that are too wide, shouting/volume issues... I could go on. She's clearly not the same as when she's singing Kajiura's songs in the past, for better or for worse. At least her style in FJ lives are pretty unaffected.

The new song Kajiura wrote for her is all over the place. It's so hilariously bad that it sounds like something she pulled out of her trashcan of songs that should not have been written.

Glad to see Keiko's enjoying herself at least.

To me it was similar in style to Chiba Saeko songs Kajiura wrote before. That its not mainstream or anime style doesnt make it bad. But it is repeatitive and that bugs me and there is no bridge too.

Last edited:
i'm with saber.. it saddens me greatly to see Keiko this way but it's undeniably bad (at least for me).
but it made me go back to songs where she is awesome:)

Tbh i really don't feel that Keiko was over-emoting in her solo concert as i feel like she was more over-emoting on Kalafina 10th anniversary live. Same as shouting and volume issues (it was pretty bad in that live and it was already being smoothened in the live DVD) but Keiko has always this kind of issue since forever. Inconsistent larynx placement is kinda debatable i guess because we're just too used to listening to her always lowering her larynx when she sang in KalaFJ. She consciously and deliberately opted to sing like that in order to "present a new Keiko" or smth tho :/

Maybe it's just me being a big Keikofag but to me she doesn't sound as bad as most people here make her seems to be. Like at least in 10/12 songs she pretty much nailed almost all the notes and when she sang the way we're used to imo she sounded enjoyable. Part of me is still kinda frustrated tho because ehhh Keiko why you should stick to your usual singing style because that's what sets you apart from other female jpop singers

Last edited:
Avex released a recap of the live with snippets.
https://youtu.be/VCrvIvc6mhg
Nanairo no Finale is still as bad as the first listen even after the audio correction. The pitch correction is a bit too excessive for my liking, Keiko was a little flat but nothing that needed this much autotune.

Lantana Album Covers and Tracklist Announced:

01. Be Yourself
02. 七色のフィナーレ (‘Nanairo no Finale’)
03. 始まりは (‘Hajimari wa’)
04. 茜 (‘Akane’)
05. 溜め息の消える街 (‘Tameiki no Kieru Machi’)
06. Ray
07. 夕顔 (Google Translate says ‘Yugao’) (EDIT: Yugao/Yūgao has been confirmed by other sources.)
08. エンドロール (‘End Roll’)
09. Change The World’s Color
10. 命の花 (‘Inochi no Hana’)
BONUS TRACK (For All Three I Think): Akane Acoustic Version

Covers:
4176DE65-D35C-43D8-856B-89E7F485FE96.jpeg

Left To Right:
CD+Blu-Ray
CD+DVD
CD (Regular)

Got the images from Avex Website, but put them together using PicFrame to condense them. Really excited for December!

Last edited:
Back