Kaori Oda solo + collabs (non-YK / non-Sound Horizon)

• Thread starter Thread starter Onizuka90
  • Start date Start date
She is really an edgier pop singer. Her voice is a bit too strong for the typical Jpop although most of Yukis singers have an edge over the average Jpop Singer. There are some exceptions even among idols (I must think of former Morning Musume Member Ai Takahashi as an example).
Each of Yuki's main singers are strong solo and have multiple music/vocal influences so they're capable of singing varied and complex music Yuki writes for them. I was watching Highway Star Party 2023 again and just noticed how different Yuki's music was from the rest of the excellent cast of artists.

Morning Musume! They are the first Japanese group I ever got exposed to years ago via YouTube rips of a TV show - something about Japanese speaking English (with an American "teacher"). Rie Tanaka was new (maybe 13 or 14 if I recall) then I think. I watched many episodes and got to recognize some of them. Ai Takahasi is a familiar name from memory.

Having so many different characters in that kind of group kept things from being boring. The group was a more basic group vocally, but used a lot of catchy tunes, good looks, personality and dancing to create hype/interest.

Each of Yuki's main singers are strong solo and have multiple music/vocal influences so they're capable of singing varied and complex music Yuki writes for them. I was watching Highway Star Party 2023 again and just noticed how different Yuki's music was from the rest of the excellent cast of artists.

Morning Musume! They are the first Japanese group I ever got exposed to years ago via YouTube rips of a TV show - something about Japanese speaking English (with an American "teacher"). Rie Tanaka was new (maybe 13 or 14 if I recall) then I think. I watched many episodes and got to recognize some of them. Ai Takahasi is a familiar name from memory.

Having so many different characters in that kind of group kept things from being boring. The group was a more basic group vocally, but used a lot of catchy tunes, good looks, personality and dancing to create hype/interest.
You mean Reina Tanaka. Rie Tanaka is not affiliated with Momusu iirc. She was 13 when she started the Group since she is just 3 months younger than me. (born in August 89)

https://archive.org/details/kaoris-christmas-aiff-c/
Here if there was not the archives of kaoris christmas
Thanks for sharing. I am still listening but it's cool to hear her singing entirely in English for several songs.

Also, liked the note: "Her friend and coworker Joelle, of Sound Horizon and Yuki Kajiura projects, was responsible for vocal direction."
This must be with regards to singing the popular, English-language Christmas classics.

Thanks for sharing. I am still listening but it's cool to hear her singing entirely in English for several songs.

Also, liked the note: "Her friend and coworker Joelle, of Sound Horizon and Yuki Kajiura projects, was responsible for vocal direction."
This must be with regards to singing the popular, English-language Christmas classics.
You are welcome
Although i have to admit that when she sings Pence it sounds like pee which is kinda funny

Back